Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 10:44:25 PM EDT
Did any of you hawaii guys see HPD Chief Correia on the evening news?  He was talking about a new legislative package they'll be pushing at this years legislature which includes outlawing .50 cal rifles.  They broke out a Barrett M82A1 for the cameras.  Then came the usual BS about how .50 BMG rifles could be used to shoot down airplanes, how they were too heavy and unwieldy for hunting, how they were not even allowed at public ranges and how we just want to keep them out of  the hands of terrorists.  They also said there were 90 registered on Oahu.  Anybody hear of a fifty cal being used in a crime or terrorist act here?  Or were they accusing these 90 citizens of being potential criminals?  Of course the only people who can be trusted are the police and military.  This crap sure gets tired quick.  I wonder if the HRA will be able to keep this measure from becoming law.  The only good thing was my wife said I should get one if they were going to be outlawed.  What a gal.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:02:36 AM EDT
[#1]
IF some pro gun Legislotor attaches a rider to this bill it maybe a good thing.
Shall issue CCW rider and repeal 10 mag pistol rider,
Its all a compromise thing to these Ass munch legislator.

And NO, a 50 cal. was NEVER used in any Crime till date. Nor a favor amoung Hawaiian Terroist.
It just doesnt look good to Liberals.

How does HPD know there is 90 50 cal on Oahu????  That informaion is not allowed to be publizied, I wish we had the NRA in Hawaii to sue the HPD.
Registration leads to Confiscation !!!!!!!!!

If i does, (hope not) Barret will do a receiver tranfer like Kali.
As mentioned before HONOLULU PD is  Solely responsible and pusher for any Firearm Laws in the Whole State.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#2]
They may be aware of my Assult Pistol Loophole that I pointed out and is gearing to plug it up. with this 50 ban "package"
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The Barrett 50 they showed to the cameras was a brand new one they ordered and received from Magnum recently to be employed by SSD.  I wonder in what situation they think they would need to use it.

This is just more of the same old bullshit.  Hawaii politicians (this includes Correa) are such unoriginal copycats when it comes to gun laws.  All they can do is follow Commie-fornia's example of how to take away rights without end.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks to me like you guys live in little California

I think if one of our legistators made such a proposal, their own house/senate members would laugh them all of the way home
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]
boisse correa.......what a tard,
this crap is irritating to say the least. you know that will not be the last caliber attempted to be banned in hawaii. and of course the chief believes that only the police dept. and military should have firearms in hawaii. he doesnt care if it violates our rights and oppresses our freedom to purchase a firearm of our choice. damn legislators will probably pass this crap as well. im really tired of the legal responsible firearm owning citizens of hawaii getting screwed over left and right by the misinformed politicians. this state is almost as bad as kommifornia. high taxes, meth heads, dumb laws and the people who create them. the vision of paradise is changing and oregon and nevada are looking better everyday. rant mode off. laters.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Barrett 50 they showed to the cameras was a brand new one they ordered and received from Magnum recently to be employed by SSD.  I wonder in what situation they think they would need to use it.

Regardless
Looks like HPD just voided their Warrenty and service for their new toy. Ronnie will not service or provide assitance to them on that rifle in the future.
Magnum will be left to deal with any services or parts without the help of Barret Arms.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
boisse correa.......what a tard,
this crap is irritating to say the least. you know that will not be the last caliber attempted to be banned in hawaii. and of course the chief believes that only the police dept. and military should have firearms in hawaii. he doesnt care if it violates our rights and oppresses our freedom to purchase a firearm of our choice. damn legislators will probably pass this crap as well. im really tired of the legal responsible firearm owning citizens of hawaii getting screwed over left and right by the misinformed politicians. this state is almost as bad as kommifornia. high taxes, meth heads, dumb laws and the people who create them. the vision of paradise is changing and oregon and nevada are looking better everyday. rant mode off. laters.

Something funny... I actually thought there was a chance he would allow civilian CCW when he first took the Cheif's oath.  Seems like I'm the tard.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Regardless
Looks like HPD just voided their Warrenty and service for their new toy. Ronnie will not service or provide assitance to them on that rifle in the future.
Magnum will be left to deal with any services or parts without the help of Barret Arms.  

I have no problem with that.  I don't work there anymore!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#9]
AND to add final insult.
This wont be a national media event that Komi drumed up with thier 50 ban.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This is just more of the same old bullshit.  Hawaii politicians (this includes Correa) are such unoriginal copycats when it comes to gun laws.  All they can do is follow Commie-fornia's example of how to take away rights without end.

We need to find someone on the inside willing to stuff a bunch of homemade thermite in the barrel and action then ignite it.  This is a dangerous item in the hands of LE.  This goes for any NFA owned by HPD also, it should be confiscated or destroyed until the citizens gain their rights to ownership again.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Will this cover all "50 cal. rifles" in general or just the "50BMG chambered Rifle" ?

ie
50AE IMI desert eagle (which is a Pistol and not covered) or a custom home built 50AE Rifle or 50 cal Muskets, or some other custom 50 variations.  (50 short, 50x90, 50 speacial, etc)

Can someone provide the "wording"  of this Proposal so I may look it over. Sure wish I can have a say with the  HRA and help out Max in any ways. Though Im not a member. (yet)

I  would inform  Senate/Rep  freindly with the HRA. To attach admendments and other riders to this Bill and make it die or turn it into a Pro 2nd Bill.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
My bet is they will attempt to word it loosely enough that they will be able to bend it into a all out .50 ban, which would also include .50 and above muzzleloaders.  If I was a snake, thats what I would do.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My bet is they will attempt to word it loosely enough that they will be able to bend it into a all out .50 ban, which would also include .50 and above muzzleloaders.  If I was a snake, thats what I would do.

I saw the news clip and read a short newspaper article. Sounds like he is naming the M82A1 specifically. Looks like the State Attorney General is a part of this scheme too

Correa is just repeating what he has read and heard from the VPC. It's funny how he acts like he is trying to protect his officers when a whole bunch of them don't trust him.

There were no crimes commited with a .50 BMG that I am aware of here in Hawaii. Terrorists choice of destruction is primarily explosives.

If they (anti-gun politicians) word it to protect aircraft, then all centerfire rifles are doomed. Practically all centerfire rifles will penetrate the aluminum skin of aircraft.

I will sure contact my legislators and support the Hawaii Rifle Association and the Fifty Caliber Institute. Hope everyone else does too. If you don't, then don't complain if this passes. This is not only a 50 caliber ban.

Yes, we are California West when it comes to gun laws. Monkey see, monkey do.

barry
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Wonder if Mr Barrett is going to refuse to service HI LEOs like he did the Cali ones after they banned them there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:49:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Of Course Barret will void the warrenty to All Hawaii State Agencies.

If they (anti-gun politicians) word it to protect aircraft, then all centerfire rifles are doomed. Practically all centerfire rifles will penetrate the aluminum skin of aircraft.

Nothing will happen if a bullet goes thru an aircraft. Just a HOLE. It will not explode like the Hollywood Movies. JetA fuel (kerosene) burns the VAPORS and is not explosive like gasoline, a direct flame DOES NOT even ignite it. Aircraft Fuel tanks are filled with Nitrogen to displace any fuel Vapors. New FAA ruling after TWA  

AIRCRAFTS ARE NOT IN DANGER
OF BULLETS or EVEN TRACERS

Only an RPG has the capability to take out an Aircraft. And those are already regulated.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:31:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Just sent this letter via email to Sen. Bunda.
Please send letters to every sentor and rep.
I will send a few more to other Legis. but help pass the info on..

Sen Bunda,

As you may know Honolulu Chief of Police, Boisse Correa,  is working to introduce a Copy Cat Bill from California known as the "50 caliber Ban". The goes against the US and Hawaiian Constitutions "Right to Bear Arms".

Mr. Correa has not offered all the fact in Full; to the public nor Legislature body, only selective passages word for word from the California Bill..

Firstly,  the US Federal Goverment (BATF) already limit the maximum caliber avaiable for civilians to 0.5 inchs (50 caliber) thus there is no 51 or 60 caliber rifles. ..If this 50 caliber was banned, a 49.99 caliber or other 48 caliber rifle will be avaiable with just a simple ammo and barrel change.

Secondly,  Aircraft burn Kerosene (Jet A, JP4)  not explosive like Gasoline. Aircrafts do NOT explode as deplicted in Hollywood Movies.  A direct flame DOES NOT ignite Jet A fuel. Also, Aircraft Fuel tanks are filled with Nitrogen to displace any fuel Vapors. New FAA ruling after TWA.

Lastly, The 50BMG rifle has never been used in a single crime, EVER !

I do hope the Senate and other bodies do open its doors to futher investigation.
Reply requested.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I just sent about 30 copies of this letter to randomly selected State Senator and Reps.
Please do your parts and write, call, make some noise about these UNTRUE Statements.

I will testify for the HRA if invited. AIRCRAFTS do not explode. Ive had people take pot shot at my Plane before..... holes and fuel leak No fire!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#18]
SUKA,
Thanks that's a good letter, I'll send copies to my legislators as well. Did you send them via email or snail?  also where do they have their addies listed?
Anyway if .50 cal is so dangerous to aircraft why did WWII fighters need as many as six .50 cal. MGs firing full auto to shoot down a gasoline fueled enemy fighter? and that on a good day.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#19]
the sad fact is that hawaii will continue to have sorry ass firearms laws for as long as we(firearms owners in hawaii) arent coming together. they say there are around 100000+ firearms in hawaii, if everyone that owned one supported the hra just $1 per firearm that you own per year and got together again and voted for the people in government that would support our cause things would really be a lot better for us here in this state. this is a lot of votes and we would be heard. they would not be able to ignore us any longer. right now the people seem so content to just keep letting things happen this way. hate to say it but we are a "lazy" state brought up with a "just cruise" attitude and this is why we continue to get screwed over and over again.  good thing not everyone is this way or we would really take a beating from the government. ill probably catch some heat for this but ill say it anyway. this state has too many old people in it. old people with lots of free time to think about things to complain about and the time to write/call/make noise about all their complaints while the rest of the population is busy working. majority of the old people dont like firearms/fireworks/big vehicles and anything loud or that makes them feel unsafe and will voice their opinions on the people they voted for and make stupid decisions for the rest of us. damn, getting off topic a bit. we need to come together as firearms owners in hawaii if we want things to improve. come to the fun shoot on the 29th and support the people that can and want to help us. you can rsvp with daniel at kaneohegs.com. check under the news/events tab.  this is a lot more fun than just shooting at the rifle and pistol side of the range. laters.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I e-mailed the link to Barrett on the video clip and they said they watched it and will forward to the appropriate channel.

Now, I just read in the Maui News, Maui Police Chief Tom Phillips, is also saying there is no legitimate reason for someone to own this scary gun. He is even quoted saying this .50 cal will probably be effective if he fires it from Lahaina to Lanai . Lanai is 9 miles away

He also mentioned the ban is for the Browning Machine Gun (nothing about a Barrett M82A1)

This Hawaii Law Enforcement Coalition did not ask any of their front line personnel about this issue. At least I wasn't asked

I'll try to find out the bill number or link and let you guys know.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:51:08 AM EDT
[#21]

no legitimate reason for someone to own this scary gun

There is no legitiment use for a SCARY RED Ferrari or Lambo on any roads in Hawaii,
It fun and legal and I like the Fun factor. Basiclly taking these cars out of 2nd gear already breaks the speed limit.  but thats beside the fact.

effective if he fires it from Lahaina to Lanai

If fired at the water.

where do they have their addies listed

www.capitol.hawaii.gov/site1/senate/senate.asp?press1=senate

www.capitol.hawaii.gov/site1/house/house.asp?press1=house

aircraft why did WWII fighters need as many as six .50 cal. MGs

Just about every plane shot down by Dogfights, were due to Flight control failure or Pilot killed. Fires (not explosions) were common but not via the fuel tanks (engine fires). Explosions were RARE and was mostly due to ordinace.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#22]

This Hawaii Law Enforcement Coalition did not ask any of their front line personnel about this issue. At least I wasn't asked

Id be laughing so hard, if anyone came after me witha Barret 50 cal (even semi auto). In CQB or Urban enviroment. I recoil will knock him off his feet.
AND it will likely MISS or but a hole straight right thru you.

Sniping on a tall building is a differnt story. ( the sonic boom will give your location away in a heartbeat)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Im thinking about ordering a .408 Chey-Tac when I get back from Iraq since we cant have Class 3 in Hawaii.  Dunno where Im gonna shoot 2k meters though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Im thinking about ordering a .408 Chey-Tac when I get back from Iraq since we cant have Class 3 in Hawaii.  Dunno where Im gonna shoot 2k meters though.

Oh, I didn't know I was supposed to be shooting at 2,000 yds/m with my Barrett

I already informed Barrett Manufacturing of HPD's use of an M82A1 in their gun banning scheme.

You would think these law enforcement professionals would do a little research before making some of these incredible claims. No wonder law enforcement is getting less and less respect.

Yes, I am in law enforcement and sometimes I have to hit my head against the wall when the administration makes these kinds of claims.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I will buy a Barret 416 copy , the Next day that ban takes effect. and reg it the following week.. In your Face Police Chief. The Records Dept will say thats Illegal (haha). till they see it not a 50BMG.
Plus legal to shoot at KoKohead ,too..

Just the same way they said a   "single shot"   AK Pistol was Illegal in Hawaii ( "you cant have a SEMIAUTOMATIC assult pistol").
And I cant have a Non Detachable Pistol Magazine over 10 rds when they quoted , ( " You cant have any DETACHABLE Pistol magazines over 10rds")

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm ..(kinda wonder how the  regulator themselves, dont know there own Laws)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I didn't know I was supposed to be shooting at 2,000 yds/m with my Barrett

I already informed Barrett Manufacturing of HPD's use of an M82A1 in their gun banning scheme.

You would think these law enforcement professionals would do a little research before making some of these incredible claims. No wonder law enforcement is getting less and less respect.

Yes, I am in law enforcement and sometimes I have to hit my head against the wall when the administration makes these kinds of claims.

I dunno if your barrett would be accurate at 2k meters, might be able to get away with a McMillan 50 and handloads.  The .408 was designed specifically for engaging targets at the 2k mark, and is still supersonic at that range.  The gun and chambering are pure unadulterated sex.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#27]
From the 20+ emails sent only Sen SLOM returned a reply
------------ REPLY FROM Sen. SAM SLOM---------------------

Dear Mr. xxxxxx:

I do not support the HPD ban on .50 caliber and I told Chief Correa. It
is not constitutional and not necessary.

I will continue to oppose such restrictions while supporting punishment
for criminals.

Aloha,

Sam

This Guy needs to stay in office, even introduced a :
BILL TO REPEAL BEVERAGE CONTAINER TAX
www.samslom.com/
I can tell the only Conservative Repulican in office in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Great guy, now if we can only convince more of them.

There is no bill number assigned yet but our department liason will let me know. If it doesn't get heard this year, it will carry over to next year.

From what I found out so far, it's HPD Chief Correa who is pushing this ban. The others are going along with it like Maui.

What about Kauai and the Big Island Chief's of Police? Anyone know?

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Id Love to see the NRA schedule their next Convention in Hawaii.
and Pull Out like in Ohio, with oppsition to HPD and the Liberal Goverment.
Thats aliitle over 10's of Millions in Lost Revenue for the Local economy. slightly more because of the Hotel Tax and other higher spending than Ohio.

That my New Years Resolution.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Id Love to see the NRA schedule their next Convention in Hawaii.
and Pull Out like in Ohio, with oppsition to HPD and the Liberal Goverment.
Thats aliitle over 10's of Millions in Lost Revenue for the Local economy. slightly more because of the Hotel Tax and other higher spending than Ohio.

That my New Years Resolution.

I should call them about your proposed idea.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Canned Response from Blake Oshiro

Aloha Mr. xxxxxxxxxx,
Representative Blake Oshiro asked me to respond to your email dated 1/19/06 regarding the .50 caliber ban bill.  Thank you very much for writing to our office.  We appreciate hearing from you.

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution states, "a well regulated mlilitia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed".  Thus, the right is based upon the country's need for a militia & security, and had been interpreted by the United States Supreme Court so that is not an absolute right.  This means that laws can place reasonable restrictions and regulations on firearms that are deemed to be unsafe or unnecessary to the purpose of the Second Amendment.

Thank you for your insight on federal law.  This type of data is what will come out during the legislative hearing process, and will what needs to be weighed by the legislators.  The .50 caliber ban bill will most likely receive multiple hearings, so there will be many chances for you and others to voice your concerns regarding this legislation.

Again, thank you for writing to our office.  Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact me.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:01:18 AM EDT
[#32]
we need more sam slom's and less blake oshiro's in government. damn donkeys.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
we need more sam slom's and less blake oshiro's in government. damn donkeys jackasses.

Fixed for you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#34]
It is listed under:  S.B. 2579

Introduced by: Hanabusa; Kim; Nishihara; English; Ige

Looks like it passed the first reading today.

They are changing the definition of a Browning machine gun to... any centerfire rifle that can fire a 50bmg cartridge ...

When I talk to some people about what they think these lawmakers are talking about, they think the bill is about the, "gun that is mounted on the Coast Guard ship....." or "the gun on humvees and tanks"

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#35]

When I talk to some people about what they think these lawmakers are talking about, they think the bill is about the, "gun that is mounted on the Coast Guard ship....." or "the gun on humvees and tanks"

Oh, my God !
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Liberal Urbinites are Clueless Rural Rednecks hates everyhing.

Is there any mention on the 416 Barret Caritrage? Everything is same as the 50s but different barrel. 416 cal.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Stefanie Sakamoto-Sato
Legislative Analyst
Representative Blake K. Oshiro
33rd District - Aiea, Halawa, Pearlridge
(808) 586-6340
[email protected]

Ms. Sato,

As you may or may not know, The Barret Arms Corp has refused to honor or service any of the Firearms of  any agency in State of California since the passage of thier new law. The Honolulu PD has this exact weapon in their Dept.

Also a New Rifle which is exactly the same  in every shape and form as well as balisticlly of the 50BMG Rifle being Banned; has hit the Market in California. All within a year after the California 50 Ban. The only differance it is .08 inches smaller in diameter (It is know as the " In Your Face CA Rifle")  Bypassing the California 50 Ban which has spent MILLIONS of TAX DOLLARS debating the issue and instating the worthless bill.

New Innovaions will always be one Step ahead of any new legislation, until a Total Ban of All LEGAL Firearms, Thus a Police State and Criminal wiil be the only ones with firearms.

Thank You and please pass this information to Sen. Oshiro.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Im still wishing for a .408 Chey Tac after Iraq next year, hopefully by then they dont go to restrict cartridges down to .30 cal already.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:05:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Sen. Slom,

This is truely an Great response.

It appears that this Bill has gotten its First reading yesterday Jan.25 and refuses to go away.

Prehaps attaching Rider Amendments to the current Bill 2579 could make it a Pro 2nd Bill.
The HRA has been focusing on the Conceal Carry Weapon (CCW) for the past few years. Changing the wording to " Shall Issue" under HRS 134-9
or
A repeal of the decade old "Assualt Pistol Ban" and "10 round capacity magazines"  on Pistols.  

Thank You
Mr. xxxxxxx

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Stefanie Sakamoto-Sato
Legislative Analyst
Representative Blake K. Oshiro
33rd District - Aiea, Halawa, Pearlridge
(808) 586-6340
[email protected]

Ms. Sato,

As you may or may not know, The Barret Arms Corp has refused to honor or service any of the Firearms of  any agency in State of California since the passage of thier new law. The Honolulu PD has this exact weapon in their Dept.

Also a New Rifle which is exactly the same  in every shape and form as well as balisticlly of the 50BMG Rifle being Banned; has hit the Market in California. All within a year after the California 50 Ban. The only differance it is .08 inches smaller in diameter (It is know as the " In Your Face CA Rifle")  Bypassing the California 50 Ban which has spent MILLIONS of TAX DOLLARS debating the issue and instating the worthless bill.

New Innovaions will always be one Step ahead of any new legislation, until a Total Ban of All LEGAL Firearms, Thus a Police State and Criminal wiil be the only ones with firearms.

Thank You and please pass this information to Sen. Oshiro.

Maybe we shouldn't let these lawmakers know of other jurisdictions taking advantage of the laws loopholes. The SB 2579 has some loopholes of which I will take advantage of if this bill ever becomes law.

The so-called experts who came up with the wording are not very smart....or are they? hmmmm

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#41]

SECTION 1. Section 134-1, Hawaii Revised Statutes, is amended by adding two new definitions to be appropriately inserted and to read as follows:

"".50 Browning machine gun cartridge" means a cartridge that includes a ball, tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, armor piercing incendiary, armor piercing incendiary tracer, saboted light armor penetrator, and is designed and intended to be fired from a center fire rifle and that meets all of the following criteria:

(1) An overall length of 5.54 inches from base to the tip of the bullet;

(2) The bullet diameter for the cartridge is from .510 to and including .511 inches;

(3) The case base diameter for the cartridge is from .800 inches to and including .804 inches; and

(4) A cartridge length of 3.91 inches.

".50 Browning machine gun rifle" means a center fire rifle that can fire a .50 Browning machine gun cartridge but does not include:

(1) A weapon described as an automatic firearm in section 134-8(a);

(2) Any antique firearm as defined in this section; or

(3) Any curio or relic as those terms are used in 18 United States Code section 921(16) or 27 Code of Federal Regulations 178.11."

SECTION 2. Section 134-8, Hawaii Revised Statutes, is amended to read as follows:

"§134-8 Ownership, etc., of automatic firearms, silencers, Browning machine guns, etc., prohibited; penalties. (a) The manufacture, possession, sale, barter, trade, gift, transfer, or acquisition of any of the following is prohibited: assault pistols, except as provided by section 134-4(e); automatic firearms; rifles with barrel lengths less than sixteen inches; shotguns with barrel lengths less than eighteen inches; cannons; mufflers, silencers, or devices for deadening or muffling the sound of discharged firearms; hand grenades, dynamite, blasting caps, bombs, or bombshells, or other explosives; or any type of ammunition or any projectile component thereof coated with teflon or any other similar coating designed primarily to enhance its capability to penetrate metal or pierce protective armor; and any type of ammunition or any projectile component thereof designed or intended to explode or segment upon impact with its target.

(b) Any person who installs, removes, or alters a firearm part with the intent to convert the firearm to an automatic firearm shall be deemed to have manufactured an automatic firearm in violation of subsection (a).

(c) The manufacture, possession, sale, barter, trade, gift, transfer, or acquisition of detachable ammunition magazines with a capacity in excess of ten rounds which are designed for or capable of use with a pistol is prohibited. This subsection shall not apply to magazines originally designed to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition which have been modified to accept no more than ten rounds and which are not capable of being readily restored to a capacity of more than ten rounds.

(d) Except as provided in this section, the manufacture, possession, barter, trade, gift, transfer, or acquisition of any .50 Browning machine gun rifle or .50 Browning machine gun cartridge is prohibited.

(e) After July 1, 2006, no person shall bring or cause to bring into the State a .50 Browning machine gun rifle or .50 Browning machine gun cartridge.

(f) After July 1, 2006, no person shall sell or transfer a .50 Browning machine gun rifle or .50 Browning machine gun cartridge to anyone within the State except:

(1) To a dealer licensed under section 132-32; or

(2) To the chief of police of any county.

(g) A person who obtains title to a .50 Browning machine gun rifle or .50 Browning machine gun cartridge by bequest or intestate succession; provided that the person, within ninety days of the passing of title shall:

(A) Render the weapon permanently inoperable;

(B) Sell or transfer the weapon to a dealer licensed under section 132-32;

(C) Transfer the weapon to the chief of police of any county; or

(D) Remove the weapon from the State.

[(d)] (h) Any person violating subsection (a) or (b) shall be guilty of a class C felony and shall be imprisoned for a term of five years without probation. Any person violating subsection (c) shall be guilty of a misdemeanor except when a detachable magazine prohibited under this section is possessed while inserted into a pistol, in which case the person shall be guilty of a class C felony. Any person violating subsections (d), (e), (f), and (g) shall be guilty of a class B felony and shall be imprisoned for a term of ten years and is not eligible for probation."

SECTION 3. This Act does not affect rights and duties that matured, penalties that were incurred, and proceedings that were begun, before its effective date.

SECTION 4. Statutory material to be repealed is bracketed and stricken. New statutory material is underscored.

SECTION 5. This Act shall take effect upon its approval.

INTRODUCED BY:

Alright, I wont give the P-heads anymore ideas...

But I dont much holes in this Bill.
Even if a 50 was in your Possesions, the ammo is gone (cant reload) unless some minor mod on the cartraige itself ; Maybe say #1 was > 5.53 " OAL  

....."center fire rifle and that meets ALL of the following criteria:
......manufacture,.... acquisition .....50 Browning machine gun cartridge is prohibited."

or
The Rifle itself is gone, until
Waiting  50 years till it gets on the C&R list.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Canned Response with no views, but at least the word is out.

Dear Mr. xxxxxxx:

I want to thank you for your email comments of Thursday, January 19,
2006. Rest assured, I will do my due diligence in looking into all
measures that come before the Senate, including this one.

Should you have additional questions or concerns, whatever they may be,
please don't hesitate to call on me again.

Aloha, Shan.

Senator Shan S. Tsutsui
Majority Caucus Leader
Vice Chairman, Senate Committee on Ways and Means
Hawaii State Capitol, Room 206
Honolulu HI 96813
Phone: (808) 586-7344 () Fax: (808) 586-7348
Email: [email protected]

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#43]
The other item on the table at the federal level is H.R. 1703, removal of the sporting clause.  Anybody wanna draw up a decent letter to get me started, my first recipient will be Abercrombie who I can at least voice my opinion, even to deaf ears.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The other item on the table at the federal level is H.R. 1703, removal of the sporting clause.  Anybody wanna draw up a decent letter to get me started, my first recipient will be Abercrombie who I can at least voice my opinion, even to deaf ears.

thats old news (109th)
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats old news (109th)

Doh!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top