Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2003 8:16:25 PM EDT
OK,

anyone who is in Houston,

is thinking about the carbine class,

and wants to see the carbine video that is, per 308wood, the pre-requisite to taking the carbine class,

should make plans to be at my place on Thursday, around 6:30pm, to eat beer, drink Pizza and watch the carbine class video!

BYOB.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
count me in.

i wouldn't call the Video a "pre-requisite".
just highly suggested viewing.  they are just something to get your juices flowing and give you a leg up about what will be taught in the class.  i have three videos we can watch over the next few weeks.

Gunsite Tactical Carbine
Whether inside a building, at arms length, or at several hundred meters, the carbine is rapidly becoming the firearm of choice for tactical applications. Professional instructors explain and demonstrate topics including safety, marksmanship, modes of carry, deployment, movement, low light methods and much more. Color: approx. 50 min.,VHS.

Thunder Ranch Urban Rifle
Clint Smith has taught one of the cornerstones of the Thunder Ranch curriculum, the Urban Rifle course, since 1983. In layman's terms it is simply how to fight effectively with a rifle inside what most people normally consider pistol ranges. Safe handling, administrative loading, duress loading, malfunction clearance, use of cover and concealment as well as many other useful and effective concepts are covered. Run time approximately 60 minutes.

Thunder Ranch Handgun Tactics
 Tactics are generally applied the same for all weapons systems taking into consideration variations based on system length, size and operational techniques. This particular video addresses the tactical application of the handgun to built up areas, your home in hallways, stairwells, doorways, etc. The video review shows the viewer both perspectives - from the backside of the handgun to the front side or "business end." It is a supplement and guide that covers a broad spectrum of issues. It is not intended to replace supervised instruction or regular range practice. Run time approximately 65 minutes.

Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:21:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'll be there.

I won't...I'll be working
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Hell, I thought that I worked a lot!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hell, I thought that I worked a lot!

You probably do work more than me cause my schedule is pretty straight forward 2p-10p with fri and sat off.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have room for another, I'ld be interested in seeing this vid...

SC, if you are up for it, give me an IM with your address and/or directions...

Thanks,

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Come on down!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Who all is coming?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Its that time!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Mein Fuhrer!!!

even looks like Clint but where are the dark glasses?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:04:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Too bad it was raining so hard.  We would have had a few more poeple for the viewing!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Mein Fuhrer!!!

wso.williams.edu/~mhacker/Strangelove/cigar2.jpg
even looks like Clint but where are the dark glasses?

There is no fighting in the war room!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top