Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2004 10:19:06 AM EST
I know I know...I should go find some HK board to post this in (which I will in addition to here) but I had to do it here first because at the 'ban is dead' Shoot there was a gentleman there by the name of Mark who had an HK51! I am pretty sure it was FA, but my question is this:

Can I get an HK51 parts set? Better yet, if I can get the parts set, can I get a receiver? Or is it an FA only type weapon that would be too problematic to make into a semi?

That thing was gorgeous!!! I've been looking into them and it seems that they are only offered to LE. Is this true?
And if anyone knows Mark, how can I contact him?

Thanks all!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:41:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 11:52:43 AM EST by HKocher]
In a nutshell, the HK51 is a concoction of some wacky Americans (hmm, probably someone like you Metalman ), H&K never made a single HK51 nor offered one for sale. So any HK51 you run into started life as an HK91 (or clone) and was converted by a 'smith like Urbach, Dyer, etc...

I don't know a whole lot about them, but basically if you had a G3/HK91 receiver and a standard G3/HK91 parts kit you would have what you needed for a conversion. I would probably be a tough conversion (cut down cocking tube and bbl, maybe some work to the bolt carrier), but if anyone could pull it off, I figure you could. I've seen several that were semi, so they can be had either way.

You think the HK51 is cool, wait until you see an HK51B. Yes, 'B' stands for Beltfed...

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:51:21 PM EST
thanks HKocher....and that response leads me to the next logical question;

Do you, or anyone, know of a link to a tutorial on such a conversion. I have found HK51's for sale through Ohio Rapid Fire, but I'de much rather build it myself. I have also heard of some of the problems the early mods ran into (i.e. failure to feed, low gas pressures, etc.) but they seem to have been remedied.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:07:15 PM EST
I'd go to Subguns.com or Sturmgewehr.com, or other boards frequented by diehard MG owners. They would be the most helpful for technical questions.

I'd avoid HK-only boards like HKPro or HK91.com because they are mostly composed of teens who don't actually own an HK, or elitists that own MGs but don't even know how to disassemble for cleaning.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:04:01 PM EST
these shops sell HK clones: pof-usa.com , vectorarms.com , bobcatweapons.com , jldenter.com ... probably several more..maybe check them for parts kits
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:00:48 PM EST
Sorry to interupt but Metalman your presence is requested on another Thread.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:42:15 PM EST
I've done several HK builds , they are a little tougher than anything else, lots of specialized equiptment. I'm getting to build me a 51 to go with my 10" barreled FAL. I can let you know where I end up getting the barrel and cocking tube from. They are pretty straight forward, just a short barreled 91. I can engrave your reciever also after you form 1 it if you need it.
Chris Bell
CBEngineeing
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:54:19 PM EST
Chris,
Actually I am on the same track you are. I am really tempted to get in on that group buy through ORF on the 94 receivers. Anyway. I'de like to make it a 'learning curve' project, so I wanna do it all myself. People keep steering me towards the G3K, but I want an SBR, so I'de 'like' to deal with the mods to the gas tube/barrel/etc., just to get the experience.
Crap, I wanna build a Krink at the same time, so I am screwed all around. What I'm really looking for is the online tutorials, and I have found a ton!!!
Theres lots of info out there I can access.

BTW, I am also looking into a pneumatic hand graver setup to do 'contemporary' engraving! Not the bird in flight/leafy filagree crap, but tattoos for your rifles!! Flames, and skulls, and all that cool shit!!! And none of it will be that C&C BS(no offense) All hand cut artwork!!!

Crap, this all gets too much after a while....I think I better hire someone!!!LOL!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:46:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 3:48:00 PM EST by METALMAN]
OK so i'm getting a parts set from Todd at ORF and ....shudder....I'm on my way!!!!

AOW Hk51 here I come!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:39:34 AM EST
Good luck, man. I have a G3k that I like so far. ORF is good people, and you'll have nothing but good luck with them. HAND.
Top Top