Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2014 12:50:22 PM EDT
All - This may have been posted/answered before and if so I apologize for the duplication. I am considering a job xfer to CO. After reading the most recent hi cap legislation, it appears to me that: "Anyone who possesses a LCM prior to or on the effective date is not in violation."  Since I own LCM prior to the date, how would that affect me as a NEW state resident?

Thx in advance for your input.

C
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
There is an ambiguity in the legislation.  The law does not require possession to have been in Colorado prior to July 1, 2013 but it also prohibits transport into Colorado of high capacity magazines with some exceptions for dealers/distributors.

As the burden of proof is expliicitly on the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that possession was not before July 1, 2013,  the ambiguity should benefit you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have read the legislation and did not see the applicable portion you commented upon. Can you please forward me the relevant language?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have read the legislation and did not see the applicable portion you commented upon. Can you please forward me the relevant language?
View Quote

You were in possession of them prior to 7/13 you're gtg.Ordering / buying more than 15 rd mags after 7/13 is a no go.  Now there are places like denver cyt / city where more than 15? rounds are a no go.

Like other out of state gun owners, while being cautious are stressing out over nothing.  

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck you Colorado!! I have mags and I'm bringing them whether you like it or not!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:30:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fuck you Colorado!! I have mags and I'm bringing them whether you like it or not!!!
View Quote

Cool.  Sometimes I wonder if the legislators wrote the laws with their craniums inserted in their rectal cavities to make people scratch their heads and ask questions on internet message boards every week.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Cool.  Sometimes I wonder if the legislators wrote the laws with their craniums inserted in their rectal cavities to make people scratch their heads and ask questions on internet message boards every week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite possible as we've had some shitty laws passed last few years.  NOW the D's want to find common  (COMPROMISE) when working with the R's.
YOU'D THINK they could come up with something ORIGINAL instead of the same regurgitated talking points Obama said.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]
We ain't California. Yet.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We ain't California. Yet.
View Quote

WE need to make sure our work doesn't slack due to this win. Look towards 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top