Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/11/2004 1:51:47 PM EST
i went to CE with a guy from work i have recently gotten into shooting. i had my 20inch A2 with the brand new Colt USGI barrel laying on my open guncase when he walked buy, tripped into my gun and caused it to slide on the concrete. the top of the right sight tower ear and a spot on the flash supressor from 1oclock to 3 oclock was taken to bare metal. i almost had a heart attack!
and what pissed me off was that he didnt even seem to care. like he made a joke about it. when you fuck up someone elses belongings show some contrition, a willingness to make it right or at least say "im sorry" dont laught about it and call me a whiner. i wanted to break his plastic POS SL8 across the bench! i know its a tool, and a weapon and all that but that barrel cost me a lot of damn moeny and took me a year to find just for some climsy asshole to screw it up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:22:38 PM EST
Damn man that really sucks. I wish I had an answer for you.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:25:22 PM EST
Have it re parked and hand that clumsy pud lick the bill.
I hope it works out for you, I would be really pissed off.

ARH

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:36:16 PM EST
i know its anal but ive thought of sending it to ADCO or somewhere to have the FSB and the flash hider changed. ive never had that done before. sound like overkill or should i just live with it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:50:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By DvlDog:
i know its anal but ive thought of sending it to ADCO or somewhere to have the FSB and the flash hider changed. ive never had that done before. sound like overkill or should i just live with it?

Send it, I would.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:56:23 PM EST
I'd have it reparked, not take off the original Colt parts. The asshole didn't even act like he was sorry??
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:04:25 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:13:32 PM EST
I refinished a front sight assy and barrel end when I converted a preban colt to post ban.

Norrell's molyresin worked great. It won't come off with solvent or gun oils, and affords better protection than parkerizing alone.

Just clean well, degrease, and do it.

This is an option if you don't want to park it, or send it off.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:37:35 PM EST
hmmm a re-park. does the FSB and the flash comp have to be removed for this? and what should i expect to pay?

and no, the asshole didnt even act like he was sorry. he almost got a buttstroke, im serious. i had to walk away and chill. i havent seen red like that in awhile.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:41:29 PM EST

hmmm a re-park. does the FSB and the flash comp have to be removed for this? and what should i expect to pay?

and no, the asshole didnt even act like he was sorry. he almost got a buttstroke, im serious. i had to walk away and chill. i havent seen red like that in awhile.

Probably $50 or so. Depends on who does it, but I'd say yes, probably, but the refinisher should do it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:46:11 PM EST
If it is an A2 FH, they can be bought for about $6. Then you only have to deal with the sight. Probably 65 to 75 bucks including shipping both ways, less if you remove the sight base and just send it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:46:54 PM EST
I've got a few piece of shit friends that sound exactly like that, clumsy and rude. But I guess if I dispised them, they would not be my friend. Still screwing up someones shit like that does deserve an ass kicking if there was no apology.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:51:49 PM EST
If you can remove the sight assy yourself, manganese phosphate coating (park) is not difficult. I have a link to a howto if you want. Also chem kits are available for about 20 bucks.

It is a "degrease and boil" operation, not difficult.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:51:56 PM EST
What type of FSB is it? I have a standard .750 I will send you if you want it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:57:34 PM EST
DvlDog, just take your barrel off and ship it to ADCO, they'll take it from there. Email them for a price, I bet it won't be that expensive. They're installing a phantom on my RRA M4gery barrel as we speak. Good folks that ADCO, retired po po's.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:04:12 PM EST
I would have shot him.... then took want I needed to fix it from his wallet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:08:36 PM EST
Badaffect, thanks for the generous offer. i really appreciate it. i might take you up on it depnding what i come up with. ive never removed an FSB, is it difficult?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:23:50 PM EST
It depends on who made it. I took this one off with no problem what so ever. Just drive the 2 pins out of the bottom of the FSB and pull it off the barrel. The gas tube has also been removed but you can re use your old one as well. Just let me know what you decide to do. If you want it, its yours.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:27:27 PM EST

Badaffect, thanks for the generous offer. i really appreciate it. i might take you up on it depnding what i come up with. ive never removed an FSB, is it difficult?

I've not had good luck at removing FSB's, they can be quite the pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:05:08 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:24:50 AM EST
Plus one on handing him the bill after repairs. I wouldn't even hesitate to send it off, the cost will be pretty low. Even if the douchebag doesn't fork over the greenbacks at least getting the bill will let him know he owes you. And then you can punch him in gut with a phonebook.

r/s

Dan
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:52:59 AM EST
HAHAHAHA good one bohica,

ill IM the user regarding a re-park. is there such a thing as "touch up" or something like a cold blue product? a "cold park" if you will??
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:03:36 AM EST

HAHAHAHA good one bohica,

ill IM the user regarding a re-park. is there such a thing as "touch up" or something like a cold blue product? a "cold park" if you will??

I don't know about a cold parkerization but there is a product called cold andonize that is used on towers and other exposed metal surfaces. But even if you got a perfect match you would still know it was 1/2 ass.

Bob

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:56:54 AM EST
i hate half ass
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:58:08 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:08:47 AM EST
I'd try some cold blue first...might not look that bad...
Top Top