Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2005 3:45:46 PM EDT
hey all,

I was all set up to take my ccw class tomorrow....just got a call from the instructor who told me that he changed his mind and isn't going to do it on a holiday.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute, eh?  He wants to set up for next week.  I can't get out of work next week, and my only open time is the weekends.  He told me that he doesn't do classes on weekends anymore due to all the no-shows.

I'm heading out of town soon for a lengthy TDY, and need to get this class done ASAP.  Anyone know an instructor--doesn't even have to be a good one, as this will be the 3rd state permit I hold (SC doesn't honor KY or AZ permits)-- I just need the stupid block checked so I can drop off my application and remain legal.

Need a name/number for an instructor between Colombia and Sumter who might be having a class tomorrow!

Thanks

Colt
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
oh well, it's probably too late to do anything about it now.  Looks like Wateree Arms is having a class on the 10th.  I'll call 'em tomorrow/Tues and try to squeak in.

Thanks anyway
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about that.  I'm down in Summerville.

That avatar seems kinda... busy... after you watch it for a few cycles.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't watch it for long, it's been known to cause seizures.

Knock 'em dead tomorrow.  Just don't hit the instructor, I think they take points off for that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't watch it for long, it's been known to cause seizures.

Knock 'em dead tomorrow.  Just don't hit the instructor, I think they take points off for that.

lol....pretty good GA!  Instructor was Mike Brakefield, local LEO--very knowledgable guy, VERY pro-citizen's RKBA, and best yet, a great instructor/all-around good guy.  Not overbearing, didn't get all uppity about particulars unless it was a safety issue.  He has a lot of personal experience with what happens after a shoot and was willing to tell a bunch of war stories.

(he also let me shoot his supressed SOCOM 7.5" .40 AR!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!!!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top