Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 11:13:49 AM EST
I would like to find a nice, professional range where I could shoot on weekends. I've tried two differant ones and have been VERY disapointed! I want to find one in the Brighton/Fort Lupton area. The first one I tried was up on HWY 85, I dont remember the name but all it was was an open field of some guys property and I got the feeling the guy was one of those Anti-government types. Scary! The other one I tried was some so called hunters assoc. out east on Bromely Lane, it was a crappy range, once again just in a middle of a framers field and the guy running it was VERY SCARRY (a hillbilly like from "Deliverance").

Any advice in helping me find a nice, professional, and resonable costing range would be appreciated!

THANKS!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:32:41 AM EST
Erie has a nice one, but think there's like a 3 year wait list..

Can't remember the name of it... It's right off the Erie exit from I-25, go west & you'll run into it. (it'll be on the left side from there) Right next to a new housing development, so might not be around long either....

I say we all pitch in & get our own range going!

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:22:01 PM EST
The Erie range is very nice, but like you said there is a three year waiting list. I sighted in my hunting rifle last season there and one of the range officers was telling me they were getting complaints from the new home owners already. I dont know what has developed since then.

For a State that claims to be outdoor friendy there is too few good ranges! Too many tree hugers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:53:37 PM EST
Yup, I figured that was soon to come.. I like how these jackasses move in next to a range, then bitch about the noise.. WTF??

Yeah, way too many treehuggers.. they all migrated from Boulder...
Sucks huh?

I don't bother with a range often, unless I'm doing pistol league. I usually go to Pawnee even though it's pretty far for me, I don't have to deal with idiots, etc.. And if some moron has no concept of safety, I just move elsewhere..
Top Top