Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/27/2006 5:47:38 PM EST
I have a 16'' M4 profile barrell that my buddy says is a RRA. How can I tell? It is not stamped behind the flash hider like my colt. I have not taken the handguards off to see if there are any markings there. Does RRA mark theirs. I can tell it is chrome lined because of the chamber end has got the silver/white dusting around the bore?

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:50:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:17:22 AM EST
I thought RRA used Wilson barrels.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:39:06 AM EST
Wilson does make most barrels.
Mine I got from Pete-in-NH, all chrome lined, R4 SOCOM (heavy) and no marks whatsoever.
Love them!
You can tell if it is chrome lined if you can see the chrome at the muzzel end & a dry wipe moves smoothly through the barrel. Most barrel steel is all the same 4140 chrome molly. Bushy & Colt use 4150 steel, a better grade than most. Chambers are M16 or Wylde - not sure which on what with RRA - although their web does say the SS are Wylde.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:34:01 PM EST
The RRA Markings are usually on the barrel by the spot where the gas tube runs into the upper receiver. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:05:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 6:11:17 PM EST by dav257]
Thanks, I found out today that the markings for a RRA barrell are under the handguards just before the gas tube enters the reciever. I found a table on the general discussion board with the description of what would be stamped on the barrell. Mine says N for nato chamber, then 9 for 1 in 9 twist, and C for a chrome bore. Example N9C.

If anyone needs to look at it is under the post "RRA 16'' barrell?'' in the ar discussion board.
Top Top