ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:49:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:09:16 AM EDT
[#3]

There, are you happy? My new OD G19.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I was on vacation.  Don't worry, I'm back now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:47:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a 13rd mag from that guy at that gun show thing last weekend.

Why do I continue to buy accessories for guns I do not own? Guns are scary.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:55:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, I'm just trying to stir up some sh*t! It's been downright BORING in here lately.

Cool Glock 9mm there Chainsaw! Range report??    

reject......you were gone? Where to............ ALABAMA?? [Deliverance scenes pictured]    

Book.......remember that all work and no play makes Mark a dull boy! Keep it from getting out of control, and don't get beat up too much!

I just got the state terrorists (regulatory agency) out of my building, so I now can breate a little bit easier. Now that their yearly visit is over, the summer stands to be much better.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:10:16 AM EDT
[#7]
ZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I havent been heremuch, havent gotten anything supercool lately.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, for one, I started a thread about a Georgia story, but no one seems to care, or to get that the point is so overcome the boredom, so feel free to add some gibberish so that we all get a little amusement. I was bored too.

for the minor entertainment value, I'll write about my favorite gun right now that is keeping me occupied.

My AR10T had flat out amazed me at how accurate it is. I keep trying to think of things to do to it, but it is just great as is. For those who don't care to read it again, or haven't already on one of the many forums (you'd think I was married to it as much as I talk about it ) here are the details:

Eagle Arms lower with green A2 stock and black pistol grip (I'm trying to decide on either a PSG1 type grip or an SPR grip, so I don't care about color coordination right now) It has an RRA NM two stage trigger that felt great at first, but now seems heavier. I don't think it's the trigger, I think it's me getting used to it.

Upper is a factory Armalite T upper that I had the barrel cut to 22". I had it shortened so that with my Vortex hider on it, it'd have the same overall length as factory T 24" barrel. I had it threaded for my SWR can. It is too cool to have a high powered centerfire semi- auto with the sound of a 10/22.

I topped the upper with an IOR 2.5-10x42 first focal plane MP8 reticle scope held on by TPS TSR 30mm medium height steel rings. I would recommend these rings to anyone serious about quality rings. Just becuase they're cheaper priced than Badger or Leupold MK4's or comparables doesn't mean they're inferior. They are stout and precise. They boast a 98% contact area.

So that's the package. I'm working on getting a Badger Forearm for it because my last shooting session caused the factory FF tube to work loose a bit. I tightened it back up at the range by hand and it's held. I think it loosened by the heat generated that day.

Here are some of the group sizes I've shot and the rounds used.

110yds-.14" three rounds of 175SMK's
87yds-.11" three rounds of Fed. Premium  with Sierra Gamekings (165gr.)
87yds-.34" 5 shots of 175SMKs
and It regularly shoots .5" for 5 rounds of the same 175SMK load.

Cool thing is, it shoots about the same size groups with the vortex. All the above ones were with the suppressor on.

My 10FP hardly gets any attention at all any more.

I just ordered a Tac Force drag bag for the AR10 to be carried in.  

and it's funny how I started out with three 20 round mags and was satisfied with just them, but soon I ended up with 5 20's and 4 10's.

As soon as Beta comes out with a C-mag for 308, I'll have oen of those too. No reason not to have a sniepr rifle with a 50 round capacity.

The gun weighs 13.5 lbs without the can and an empty mag. It weighs 16.5 with the can, a full mag, and a bipod. Hefty, but great for recoil.

Was that even mildly entertaining?

It was nice to get to "say" something about it again. I miss her. I haven't been with her since this morning.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.davesguns.com/serverpics/FirearmsPage/Glock-19-OD-01.jpg

Where is the golf clap icon?

ARH

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I got a new gun locker

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
reject......you were gone? Where to............ ALABAMA?? [Deliverance scenes pictured]    

Stayed home and worked on cars.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I just finished building this:

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#14]

This place has been dead lately!

Where is everybody?

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Arch. Were over here reliving the g funk era. Where you been homey?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a NIB Springfield (greek receivered) SAR8 (THE HK91 clone) from a fellow board member.  I found an HK collapsible stock for it, so I have spent alot of time checking out how cool I look holding it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey I'm just waiting for Springfield to send it back from the custom shop....I'm as anxious as you!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I picked up a new pistola today, it is a slightly used Springfield Armory Loaded Custom.  Total including shipping and transfer fee....$550.  It also came with one factory mag and two Wilson 47D's.  I also picked up some info on where someone might pick up some NIB Colt Semi LE ARs.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I picked up a new pistola today, it is a slightly used Springfield Armory Loaded Custom.  Total including shipping and transfer fee....$550.  It also came with one factory mag and two Wilson 47D's.  I also picked up some info on where someone might pick up some NIB Colt Semi LE ARs.

Ah, the Springfield, Slightly used by me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I just finished building this:

groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WQCfAvkbgQFaIkKJONtTt5S3dgWDR!0tPh4uyu2Gnd!oPw9wfGNy6Cv3FeereSTjfuidEgnyk3BFU7rDavYjsd3Qa0UmYRcWt5wJqvi19LDj7LN7m5rIks6wK5Ajt69H6zOFJ8!uJKA/my%20middy2.jpg?dc=4675522669209201833

Hey that looks REALLY smooth! Did you use new parts or EE parts???

Oh yeah...I just picked up an EOTECH 512 from that DPMS special they were running. Sweet deal!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
 I also picked up some info on where someone might pick up some NIB Colt Semi LE ARs.

Shoot me an IM with the info please.

ARH

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I bought a NIB Springfield (greek receivered) SAR8 (THE HK91 clone) from a fellow board member.  I found an HK collapsible stock for it, so I have spent alot of time checking out how cool I look holding it.

Very nice.  had an HK91 when I was 18 (17 years ago), then when I was about 27 I bought an SAR3/8 overstamp. No difference aside from markings.

Need a flash hider? I have one I bought from Robert RTG.  If you're interested, PM me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:03:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.davesguns.com/serverpics/FirearmsPage/Glock-19-OD-01.jpg

Where is the Ross has the clap icon?

ARH

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:07:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Hey that looks REALLY smooth! Did you use new parts or EE parts???

Oh yeah...I just picked up an EOTECH 512 from that DPMS special they were running. Sweet deal!

new parts on that one - save for the lower receiver (had from a previous project).
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Damn you.  
I want my TRP back!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn you.  
I want my TRP back!!!!!!

Glad to make someone's day!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:54:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
(...)

for the minor entertainment value, I'll write about my favorite gun right now that is keeping me occupied.

My AR10T had flat out amazed me at how accurate it is. I keep trying to think of things to do to it, but it is just great as is. For those who don't care to read it again, or haven't already on one of the many forums (you'd think I was married to it as much as I talk about it ) here are the details:

Eagle Arms lower with green A2 stock and black pistol grip (I'm trying to decide on either a PSG1 type grip or an SPR grip, so I don't care about color coordination right now) It has an RRA NM two stage trigger that felt great at first, but now seems heavier. I don't think it's the trigger, I think it's me getting used to it.

Upper is a factory Armalite T upper that I had the barrel cut to 22". I had it shortened so that with my Vortex hider on it, it'd have the same overall length as factory T 24" barrel. I had it threaded for my SWR can. It is too cool to have a high powered centerfire semi- auto with the sound of a 10/22.

I topped the upper with an IOR 2.5-10x42 first focal plane MP8 reticle scope held on by TPS TSR 30mm medium height steel rings. I would recommend these rings to anyone serious about quality rings. Just becuase they're cheaper priced than Badger or Leupold MK4's or comparables doesn't mean they're inferior. They are stout and precise. They boast a 98% contact area.

So that's the package. I'm working on getting a Badger Forearm for it because my last shooting session caused the factory FF tube to work loose a bit. I tightened it back up at the range by hand and it's held. I think it loosened by the heat generated that day.

(....)

It was nice to get to "say" something about it again. I miss her. I haven't been with her since this morning.

I also have a '10.  It's awesome.  I've also got an Eagle's lower but have an A4 and a 10T carbine uppers.   Replaced the original stock by Armalite's collapsible.

I floated the barrel on the A4 myself and in one of group shoots Book and I were hitting golf balls @ 100yards "monotonously".   Book was using his 15 Varmint.  I'm using a Bushnell 6-18x50 but plan to replace by something else when budget allows.

The 10T upper has an Aimpoint and I got an Armalite FS to replace the brake.  Also got the four rail accessory that attaches to the fiberglass handguard but home projects and business travels did not let me work on this project yet.   Hopefully soon.

It's a very nice rifle indeed!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top