Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 11:54:26 AM EDT
This is starting to get a little more serious, let's kill this one before it gets worse.

www.ilga.gov/house

Here's where you can find your Rep's contact information, including fax numbers.  They're listed by district number, so use your voter ID card to be sure.

Elected officials tend to not pay attention to email, and regular mail is too slow, so that leaves us with faxes to get noticed quickly.  If you have Windows 2000 or XP and a modem, then you have the ability to send faxes straight from your computer.  This link will tell you how to set it up if you don't know how.

Here's what I just faxed off to my Rep, who unfortunately is a sponsor.

Rep. James Brosnahan
5311 W. 95th St.
Oak Lawn, IL 60453

2-25-2006

Rep. Brosnahan,

I am a registered voter and law-abiding firearm owner from your district.  I’m writing to ask that you withdraw your sponsorship for HB2414, the pending assault weapons ban, and vote against it.

The violent crime problems plaguing Chicago will be left totally unaffected by such a ban, as criminals won’t care about having one more law to break, and their weapons usually come from other non-legal sources.  Such bans have had no impact on crime in Los Angeles, Washington DC, and other areas where such bans were put in place.

This ban goes after firearms used by hunters and target shooters, despite the shortcomings of the numerous amendments offered.  This will leave law-abiding gun owners like myself with serious unfair restrictions, while criminals in the inner city continue to run rampant.

I’d be happy to discuss this matter with you more in depth, to make sure you have the facts about the weapons you seek to ban, as opposed to the sometimes warped information put out by anti-gun activist groups.  Please feel free to call or email me if you’d like to discuss this further.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Just found out my rep ios a co=sponsor.

Letter being sent  dropped off to his office Monday.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Good idea. If you try to send an email it usually gets bounced back to you.

Support Concealed Carry for Illinois IllinoisCarry.com
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
+1

Dave W.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top