Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Per VCDL House conferees: Simon, Hope, Robinson.  Senate conferees: Deeds, Petersen, Surovell. We should know the final status of this bill by Monday.

Make sure you contact Deeds, Petersen, and Robinson!  Robinson is an R and usually supports 2A rights but she has been wishy washy on those “feel good, common sense” type restrictions in the past.

Petersen [email protected]
Deeds [email protected]
Robinson [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Defeated, according to the e-mail notification I got this morning.  From the e-mail:

2. Bill to ban homemade guns and 80% receivers was defeated!

Congratulations - your phone calls and emails help defeat one of the worst gun bills in the 2021 General Assembly session and defeated two other bad gun-bills, as well!  

HB2276, Delegate Simon, which VCDL Strongly Opposed, would have prohibited purchasing, selling, offering to sell, transferring, etc. an unserialized homemade gun.  HB2276 originally banned possession with no grandfather clause for existing gun owners.  The prohibition on possession was removed, allowing those who already had such a gun to keep it, transport it, or carry it, but not sell it, trade it, or give it away.  The bill squeaked out of committee and was amended on the Senate Floor to become effective only if it is passed again during the 2022 General Assembly session.   Senator Chap Petersen (D) made a great case against the bill on the Senate Floor.  The bill passed the Senate, but because it didn't match how it was passed in the House, the bill headed back to the House.  The House rejected the Senate version.  The bill went to a conference committee (House conferees: Simon, Hope, Robinson.  Senate conferees: Deeds, Petersen, Surovell), but it did not report out.  Quite possibly the conference committee simply could not agree on a compromise acceptable to both Houses.  Or, perhaps, the General Assembly decided that HB2276 was such a hot potato, that they just let it die a quiet death.  Either way, the clock ran out late Saturday night and the General Assembly adjourned for the year.  (The actual end of session is Monday, but that day is not used to pass legislation.  Only staff and a few legislators will be there to wrap up some technical odds and ends.)
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm still worried about the possible BS coming from the POTUS.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm still worried about the possible BS coming from the POTUS.
View Quote

We will be fighting this for years, maybe forever. Relish the victories.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like they passed it.  We lost again:

“”For the past two months, we have held our ground, fighting to Stop Simon's Gun Ban.  Your phone calls and emails crippled the gun grabbers' efforts to just ram the bill through.

Tens of thousands of phone calls and hundreds of thousands of emails have been sent, urging voters to oppose Simon's Gun Ban, House Bill 2276...but at last we were overrun.

On a razor thin vote, the anti-gun nuts in the State Senate passed House Bill 2276, 21 tyrants voting yes, and 18 senators opposing.

But all is far from lost.  Due to your effort, and the efforts of tens of thousands of fellow Virginia Patriots, House Bill 961, the Northam Gun Ban never even came up.  Together we defeated that bill in the 2020 General Session, the 2020 Special Session, the 2021 General Session and the 2021 Special Session.  “
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait, passed it when?  Today?  I thought today wasn’t even a real day of session?  Wasn’t saturdays update that they couldn’t reconcile?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

""For the past two months, we have held our ground, fighting to Stop Simon's Gun Ban.  Your phone calls and emails crippled the gun grabbers' efforts to just ram the bill through.

Tens of thousands of phone calls and hundreds of thousands of emails have been sent, urging voters to oppose Simon's Gun Ban, House Bill 2276...but at last we were overrun.

On a razor thin vote, the anti-gun nuts in the State Senate passed House Bill 2276, 21 tyrants voting yes, and 18 senators opposing.

But all is far from lost.  Due to your effort, and the efforts of tens of thousands of fellow Virginia Patriots, House Bill 961, the Northam Gun Ban never even came up.  Together we defeated that bill in the 2020 General Session, the 2020 Special Session, the 2021 General Session and the 2021 Special Session.  "
View Quote

We will always lose. Va in this decade will have awesome gun laws like Ny and Cali. Bloomberg spent a shitload of money for over a decade buying Va, he wants a good ROI.
Edit: their bright side sucks as well. We didn't get the Va SAFE act yet, but we will, currently we are getting pecked to death instead of a full fucking.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

“”For the past two months, we have held our ground, fighting to Stop Simon's Gun Ban.  Your phone calls and emails crippled the gun grabbers' efforts to just ram the bill through.

But all is far from lost.  Due to your effort, and the efforts of tens of thousands of fellow Virginia Patriots, House Bill 961, the Northam Gun Ban never even came up.  Together we defeated that bill in the 2020 General Session, the 2020 Special Session, the 2021 General Session and the 2021 Special Session.  “
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks like you’re reading an old update. Yes it made it out of the Senate but it died in conference committee.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?212+sum+HB2276

03/01/21  House: No further action taken
03/01/21  House: Failed to pass
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Looks like you’re reading an old update. Yes it made it out of the Senate but it died in conference committee.

View Quote

I certainly hope I am wrong about the email I quoted earlier.

If so, I still see this as a temporary reprieve because the dems will keep trying as long as they have majorities.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If so, I still see this as a temporary reprieve because the dems will keep trying as long as they have majorities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another friend posted that some group called VCC sent out an email saying it got passed this morning?  Is this who you got it from?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Arfcom is a clown show.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Arfcom is a clown show.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Arfcom is a clown show.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Arfcom is a clown show.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't want to pick on someone on our side, but I never heard of VCC until this thread.  

I went to their website, and plenty about how you can donate, but I couldn't really find anything about joining the fight.  Not impressed.  

And this... wrong info?  Heck, aren't these VCC folks even on the VCDL mailing list?  Not impressed.  

Glad, very glad, the bill failed.  A small victory maybe, but victories are hard to come by in VA now, so I'm going to enjoy it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I hate cowards. Surrender monkeys deserve no respect. If this was all inevitable, HB2276 would have passed. It was much less of a heavy lift than HB961.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We will always lose. Va in this decade will have awesome gun laws like Ny and Cali. Bloomberg spent a shitload of money for over a decade buying Va, he wants a good ROI.
Edit: their bright side sucks as well. We didn't get the Va SAFE act yet, but we will, currently we are getting pecked to death instead of a full fucking.

I hate cowards. Surrender monkeys deserve no respect. If this was all inevitable, HB2276 would have passed. It was much less of a heavy lift than HB961.

Call me any name you want, I am a realist. Show me one state that has clawed it's way back out after falling to modern communists?
I never said give up, I simply see the writing on the wall.
This is why we lose. We would rather eat our own.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Arfcom is a clown show.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The VCC is a clown show.

They are always pushing hyperbole and are usually late to the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another friend posted that some group called VCC sent out an email saying it got passed this morning?  Is this who you got it from?

The VCC is a clown show.

They are always pushing hyperbole and are usually late to the game.

Hadn’t heard of them until this, so right now my opinion of them is 0 for 1.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hadn’t heard of them until this, so right now my opinion of them is 0 for 1.
View Quote

"VCC can help! But we need your donations!"
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#21]
VCC is a clown show.  A person claiming to be a VCC rep was at some local county board meetings last year when the antis were pushing to ban shooting on private land (yes, I know the details were a little more involved but would have been essentially a defacto ban for much of the county).

Anyway, this guy spent most of his two minutes referencing the VCC.  It was more of an "infomercial" for his organization than being of  use to the residents of the county.

My suspicion is this organization is basically a sham.  I'm guessing most of the donations they receive go towards "operating expenses".

Maybe I'm wrong and this group is legit.  In that case they are just well intentioned but monumentally incompetent.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Arfcom is a clown show.
View Quote

I guess your the lead clown
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How would that pass legal muster, especially in the face of what would seem to be superseding federal law?  Not that such minor details have ever worried gun grabbers.
View Quote

States have generally been allowed to exceed Federal Law except in a very few places.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Did any new gun laws get passed this year at the state level?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top