Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 6:16:17 PM EDT
Anyone going to the HAMFest in Puyallup in 3/11?   I'm looking for some gear so may stop by.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
One of my "associates" is a member/on the BOD for the group that organizes that.

He is supposed to let me know when they figure out when they are running their next class and test session so that I can tell you guys about it so those who want to and can attend can do so.

I keep him apprised of conflicting dates for us (WAC, Shoots, Etc).

IIRC the program is a Friday evening, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning class and test session for around $50, including the book  Now You Are Talking and the testing fee for a Technician Class License(no Morse code requirement)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone going to the HAMFest in Puyallup in 3/11?   I'm looking for some gear so may stop by.

Funny.  I thought this was going to be about this:

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
One of my "associates" is a member/on the BOD for the group that organizes that.

He is supposed to let me know when they figure out when they are running their next class and test session so that I can tell you guys about it so those who want to and can attend can do so.

I keep him apprised of conflicting dates for us (WAC, Shoots, Etc).

IIRC the program is a Friday evening, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning class and test session for around $50, including the book  Now You Are Talking and the testing fee for a Technician Class License(no Morse code requirement)

Cool!  Thanks for the info.   I just got my license and joined the RACES volunteer team.   Now looking for a good/decent radio.   So far I'm leaning towards a tri-band Kenwood HT.
Some of the RACES folks will be there also but if some of you guys also plan to go we can finally have that beer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Cool!  Thanks for the info.   I just got my license and joined the RACES volunteer team.   Now looking for a good/decent radio.   So far I'm leaning towards a tri-band Kenwood HT.
Some of the RACES folks will be there also but if some of you guys also plan to go we can finally have that beer.

The HAM geek in question has recommended to me, after filling him in on the needs discussion among ourselves have indicated; the ICOM IC-T7H or the IC-W32A.

ETA- IM sent about a local HAM club
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top