Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2008 10:07:03 AM EDT
Dear *****,

This week the Democrat state assembly passed a variety of anti-gun bills, including a measure to require that all semiautomatic pistols include a "microstamping" feature. That means each gun would have to be equipped with a microscopic array of characters that identify the make, model, and serial number of the pistol on the firing pin, which would copy the characters onto the cartridge case of discharged ammunition.

Yeah, right. Do the Albany liberal politicians really think that will end violent crime in New York? They got ballistic "fingerprinting." Did that stop our crime problem?

According to the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, microstamping is unreliable and would be rendered useless if the gun were stolen or smuggled into the state. It's going to raise the cost of making guns. But that's the goal of anti-gun politicians -- make guns and ammunition more expensive and less available.

I say NO. No way. No chance. I will fight this bill if it comes to the senate and stand up for law abiding taxpayers.

Do you agree? Please take a moment and let me know your opinion at my online poll.

QUICK POLL at bottom of Page
Sincerely,

Jim

Sen. Jim Seward

P.S. Pass this e-mail on to your fellow sportsmen or gun club.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#2]
95% against, 5% for.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Un hot linked:

http://www.senatorjimseward.com/51/default.aspx
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Hit

Also, someone should post a cold link in GD
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The quickest way to invalidate the results of this poll is to hot link it from a gun site.

The reason I hot linked it was because Seward himself wanted it distributed far and wide!

Read what the bottom line said in his e-mail....

P.S. Pass this e-mail on to your fellow sportsmen or gun club.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Copy-n-paste into a browser window. Hot linking creates a referback to ar15.com and this thread.

http://www.senatorjimseward.com/51/default.aspx

Current results:

Yes = 5

No = 190
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Done.

And yes, copy/paste link into a new browser.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#9]
done 194- no
          5-yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top