Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 9:34:06 AM EDT
How is everybody?
i was looking at this         http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=258390
and was wondering if that was a pretty good upper and barrel combo for the money.  i would put it on a Rock River lower by the way.  can anyone attest to the quality?  this one doesnt have the M4 feed ramps which i kind of wanted, but other that that it appears pretty cool.
i guess what i am trying to say is should i look elsewhere if i am going to spend that much and get it all including the ramps, or is this about what i should expect?
thanks for all of your input!!  -
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=258390

I like it, but your going to catch it from the 1/7 twist only crowd.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't sound bad to me, and the 1:7 twist isn't necessary in a short barrel. I had a 1:8 twist 16" for shooting 69-77grain, and with 69's it was not easy to hit velocities over 2,600fps. So, 1:9 is good through 69gr. and plenty fast enough twist for 62, and not too fast for the 55's.

In other words, I like 1:9 for any 16" or shorter application.

If you were looking at a 20", I'd say get a 1:7.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for your input fellas,
i think i am going to go ahead and get it.  
i have had 16 inch 1 in 9 barrels before and never had any problems.
look for some stuff from me soon on the EE to help pay for this baby! cheers!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
thanks for your input fellas,
i think i am going to go ahead and get it.  
i have had 16 inch 1 in 9 barrels before and never had any problems.
look for some stuff from me soon on the EE to help pay for this baby!
cheers!!

I agree, I've had 1/7 barrels before and 1/9s, to me the 1/9's stabalize my favorite projectile, sierra HPBT 69 grn better than the 1/7.  good luck.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:25:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top