Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 9:49:37 PM EDT
Howdy Texas...

I've been lurking around the board for quite some time now formulating my plan to get into the AR hobby.  Haven't figured everything out just yet, but noticed that Gunstock is just up in Waco....and since I'm in Austin, I was wondering if anyone was welcome for the day?  Is there any opporunity to learn about different guns first person, or is it mostly centered around classes and shooting comps?

That's ok if it is, I was just wondering if it was newbie friendly for learning??  Gotta get my girl into the sport too....perhaps I could bring my T/C Scout, hehe.

Thanks!
Max
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, EVERYone's welcome!  Bring whoever wants to come, bring whatever guns you want (I'll be letting people shoot my guns if they want!) and have a great time with us up in Waco!

BTW, I'm in Austin too.  Check the Hometown Texas forum for details on our next monthly dinner get-together!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:33:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Another Austinite here as well.

Ishikawa - Are you welcome to come to Gunstock????  Now what kind of grabasstic nonsense kind of question is that?!?!?!!!

I expect you and your girl to join us!  Gunstock won't be the same without you!  Now quit foolin around an getchorazzonupta Waco this weekend.

And don't forget, check this board for the soon to be World Famous CenTex Crew monthly dinner.

Don't worry, you will become well seasoned soon enough!  I'll see you there!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#3]

You're definitely welcome to GUNSTOCK, and welcome to TX Forum.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Newbies should DEFINITELY attend Gunstock unless you want to play the old game of paying $300 a pop for AR accessories that don't work for your needs.

Gunstock will be a very rare opportunity to get to try about every kind of AR gear imaginable and find what works for you and what doesn't.

I imagine after a weekend at Gunstock you'll have a better feel for AR gear than some of the people who sell it for a living.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#5]
oh yea come on up.  if you got a scout bring it! imagine every possible AR configuration with every accessory made and lot's of friendly folks, most of which will be happy to let you handle and shoot.    

what is the config on your scout?  i got a carbine plastic stock 54 cal with a red dot.

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Good to hear that Gunstock is an open / friendly / relaxed environment for learning!!  I'll definately be talking to the GF tonight to see if we can get up there on Saturday morning.  Sounds like a really good time to be had by all.....

Heck, if all guns are allowed, I'll definately bring the Scout, along with my Rem 7mm mag. and my little Rem model 700 .223 (my first hunting rifle) just to plink around with.

Thanks again guys...and I'll definately be looking out for that CenTex dinner invite!

Max
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top