Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:14:44 PM EDT

Was driving around some today and saw there's a gunsmith near me, in Winsted...has a sign out in front. Got his business card here,..

Frank's Gun Repair, 320-485-GUNS (easy enough to remember)...On Babcock Ave in Winsted. (Pretty easy to get too off of 12, or 7...)

Anyone deal with him before? His sign says he does hot bluing, which I may avail a 1911 or two to..

Stopped in and picked up some ammo (9mm and .45ACP), he seems to cater more to hunters and the like than to EBR dorks like me, but that's ok. His prices seemed...not bad, now that I think about it. $13 for a box of 50 Magtech 230gr FMJ, and $8 for a box of 50 WWB 115 grain FMJ 9mm rounds..

Just want to make sure that he's not someone who's done bad by members, or if anyone's just plain old heard of the guy at all

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:23:40 PM EDT
Go see Randy at Territorial, perhaps you can get the 1911's Duracoated? Randy is easy to find from your work area Ed. He is over in Hopkins.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:36:26 PM EDT
Cool! Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:17:41 PM EDT
Frank is a great guy to do business with! He'll talk your ear off though. He does nice work and cheap transfers as well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:44:35 PM EDT
He seemed pretty cool :) Got a nice pooch, too.

Since he's local, if he's not an anti-EBR guy, I'll just xfer things/order things from him...odd as it may sound, but I'm all about helping local folk out.

We all gotta make a living...I figure it's the price of keeping the economy going

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:11:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
He seemed pretty cool :) Got a nice pooch, too.

Since he's local, if he's not an anti-EBR guy, I'll just xfer things/order things from him...odd as it may sound, but I'm all about helping local folk out.

We all gotta make a living...I figure it's the price of keeping the economy going

He's not anti-EBR. He has transfered a few lowers, and ordered plenty of "evil looking" rifles for me. If you want a custom Mauser built, he's they guy to go to.

I should probably stop in there one of these days, he gets some pretty good stuff on consignment now and then. And it is right on my way to work.
Top Top