Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 3:34:15 AM EDT
I am looking for someone to thread the barrel on my Colt mt6400c and install a new flash supressor.  Anyone know of anyone good in Tucson besides GG&G?  GG&G is kina expensive.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#1]
call around, Murphy's probably can do it but they're booked up for months on gunsmith work

check with West of the Pecos they have a good smith there, at least when it came to rebarreling my mauser.

otherwise you could go up to phoenix and check out some of the Arfcom dealers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Derek at AZEX up in Mesa could hook you up although im sure hes loaded with work he does a great job.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
i know a tucson company that is breaking into the small arms development and ar15 world. let me call him tomorrow and see if they are interested, last time we talked he mensioned he wanted to get into ar15 gunsmithing. if they are interested and have the time i will post back to this thread with his name and phone number. these guys are not garage variety machinist, they are in the aerospace industry and recently displayed at the SHOT show in vegas. very high quality stuff.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Mr.H please let tell us Tucsonians (sp) about this new company. If they are good I may send some business their way.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Mr H, are uor talking about Abrams Airborne.  I saw a couple of their rifles before the SHOT show, really nice.  Let me know what they say.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#6]
You should have gone to the Cav Arms end-of-the-ban cookout.   Derek at AZEXARMS was threading barrels for the people there.  

Disassembled the uppers, turned down the barrel, thread it, blast it, park it, reassemble, choice of one of two brakes, all for the resonable price of $75.00 while you had a beer and a meal.  I believe it was a special price for the day.  I had 2 done.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#7]
ok guys here's the deal,,,the company is Abrams airborne in tucson. they would prefer to be contacted by email at;

Cade Wilson  [email protected]

what he would like to do is get a few jobs lined up and do them all in one batch. if you guys can get together and work something out that would be great. if you want me to help organize the mass theading party i can help too, just send me an email.

they are an aerospace industry company that supplies our gov with many items but they also have a small arms research division that is making a free floating hand gaurd. there was post one time about the product but it has fallen off the board. they have not yet finalized the production piece but its close. here is a pic of their product> BTW, it's titanium,,,

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Did they combine the worst that POF and GGG have to offer in their rails?

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#9]
WOW, someone isn't getting enough lovin' at home are they?

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Just trying to give you a taste of what you'll likely get if you post that picture over in the Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, Barrels, and more forum.

Everyone hated the way the POF (and some models of the SIR) raised the sight height, and the weight and screws on the GGG. Looks like those guys tried to combined the worst aspects of both products to make a new one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top