Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/1/2006 8:52:06 PM EDT
Anyone used the gunsmith (Bob?) at Bullseye Shooter Supply in Tacoma. Good or Bad? Need to replace sights on my carry pistol.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:08:18 PM EDT
WELL......

A while back, I was getting my LaRue 7.0 swapped out on my LMT upper. I called them up, and asked if they can do that. They said sure, and it was only like $40.

Anyways, I dropped it off. Then about an hr later, I get a call from them. They said, they couldnt budge the collar on the rail. I was like eh.

Anyways, I go back and take a look. Looks like they used pliers or clamps to "grip" onto the collar. It was scratched the fuck up. The ridges were smoothed out, barely aluminum showing. I would have been pissed, if that wasnt getting swapped out. I inspected the rest of the upper, and it appeared to be in good shape. Anyways, they said, they think there must be some loctite on it or something. So no charge for the "work".

I then decided to go to "The Sight Man". He swapped it out in 5 mins. I asked him if he had any troubles with it. He said no. A vise, and strap wrench with a little bit of elbow grease. And this dude is a skinny 70 year old or something.

So yea....

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:51:09 AM EDT
They did the sights on my HK. Did a fine job, no scratches or anything and didn't charge much.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:17:41 AM EDT
I hear they have good deals on back door AR-15's!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:56:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RedDawg6:

Wow, kick a guy that had a crime commited against him...

But it was funny in a sick sort of way.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:06:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:

Originally Posted By RedDawg6:

Wow, kick a guy that had a crime commited against him...
But it was funny in a sick sort of way.

First I gotta say that I really like Brian (former owner of the Bullseye).

And I used to work at the shop back in '99.

That said, if you knew how that place was run and staffed back when I worked there, you would be suprised that eve MORE guns didn't walk out the door of that place.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:04:46 PM EDT
Bob installed a YHM forearm for me... took all of five minutes, charged about $15 for the work.

So far nothing's loose or cracked or marred. He looks kinda goofy, but I've only had a limited experience with his work.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:55:09 PM EDT

First I gotta say that I really like Brian (former owner of the Bullseye).

And I used to work at the shop back in '99.

That said, if you knew how that place was run and staffed back when I worked there, you would be suprised that eve MORE guns didn't walk out the door of that place.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

He's pretty much repeating the same pattern upstairs... Last manager was just arrested for taking cash from the register over a several month period. The new owner and manager in the shop downstairs are great guys.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:45:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By A96HondaAccordEX:
I then decided to go to "The Sight Man". He swapped it out in 5 mins. I asked him if he had any troubles with it. He said no. A vise, and strap wrench with a little bit of elbow grease. And this dude is a skinny 70 year old or something.

Sightman (Angie) one good old man who knows his $hi+
I took my M4 there for new barrell assembly and he did just right, all in a day, he had it done sooner that that but I was out of town to pick it up. He's a great guy to deal with.
I sure will do business with him again in the future.
Top Top