Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2014 5:26:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2014 5:26:31 PM EST by AirRaceFan]
I'm wanting to convert a 9mm of my 5906 S&W barrel to .356 TSW. Anyone know of a gunsmith who could do that?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:19:00 PM EST
Buy reamer, plenty of oil and slow Makita.. or have Brian do it with your reamer....

Do you have cases ?? That is what I would use for setting chamber,, set it for the cases, and screw the idea of the go / no-go gauges

Thing that make me wonder is placing the cartridges in the short 9mm mag, since case length stepping up to 0.850+/-,, add bullet, you into the 1.25" zone which is longer than the 9x19 MAX of 1.169.. kinda farting around with a cartridge similar to 38 Super, unless truncated cone bullets keep OAL down to fit 9mm mag ??
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:50:59 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SBR7_11:
Buy reamer, plenty of oil and slow Makita.. or have Brian do it with your reamer....

Do you have cases ?? That is what I would use for setting chamber,, set it for the cases, and screw the idea of the go / no-go gauges

Thing that make me wonder is placing the cartridges in the short 9mm mag, since case length stepping up to 0.850+/-,, add bullet, you into the 1.25" zone which is longer than the 9x19 MAX of 1.169.. kinda farting around with a cartridge similar to 38 Super, unless truncated cone bullets keep OAL down to fit 9mm mag ??
View Quote

Brian?

The .356 has approximately the same OAL as the 9mm, just the case is longer. The .356 TSW pistols were dimensionally the same as the other 3rd Gen. pistols. For awhile, the S&W Performance Center offered 9x19 barrels for TSW owners to allow more economical shooting.

Getting cases may be the "fun" part. IDK if Starline even make runs of it anymore, but I believe 9x23 brass can be cut down.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:46:22 PM EST
Message sent --
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top