Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2009 2:07:59 AM EDT
yup, gunshow at the sc fairgrounds in cola, this coming weekend dec.12-13.
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there!

Look for the Palmetto State Tactical Supply banner!

-BDHershey

Link Posted: 12/8/2009 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you... I had my weekends mixed up and was ready to head up to Greenville this weekend... talk about being pissed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah - that would suck!   Been there/done that I think!!  I think this will be a good show (close to Christmas y'know)..
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
UAG will be there - look us up and say HI!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'll stop by and say Hey!

Any new Goodies to check out?

-BDHershey
Link Posted: 12/9/2009 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-BDHershey

Lots of good stuff!! BD - please call me when you get a second - might need your help on a project. 864-908-0223 - Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/9/2009 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-BDHershey

Lots of good stuff!! BD - please call me when you get a second - might need your help on a project. 864-908-0223 - Thanks.

Done!

-BDHershey
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody else going?
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I may. Unconvinced.

Big line, few deals.
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 3:07:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be going on Sun.
BK:American!
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 4:16:49 AM EDT
[#11]
To everyone that's coming, be sure to stop by and introduce yourself!

Tell me your screen name and I'll give you a discount!

-BDHershey
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
To everyone that's coming, be sure to stop by and introduce yourself!

Tell me your screen name and I'll give you a discount!

-BDHershey

Sounds good to me. I will see you there. I will be looking for a mbus and a few other things.
-Chris
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Discount is void fo Gator's Fans!

J/K!!!

I've only got a couple MBUS's so get em early!

See ya there!

-BDHershey
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 2:24:55 AM EDT
[#14]
See you guys there.  Look for us @ South Carolina Gun Company booth (we do milsurps)!
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#15]
leaving chucktown around noon today.  Nothing else to do today so why not join the mass hysteria.
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I might be there today or tomorrow... we'll see.  Working both days so it's tough.
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Bob,

Got your grip in today.  See you with it in the AM!

Also got some Magpul MS2 slings in today!  I'll have the slings and ASAP plates tomorrow at the show!  

Ya'll come see me, Bob, and the others at the show!  I didn't have one person mention AR15.com to me today.

Stop by, introduce yourself, and tell me your screen name and I'll give you a discount!

-BDHershey
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I was there and stopped by your table, but you were busy and I was in a hurry to get back to Aiken before the weather hit. I did see you had one black rear mbus. I have been looking at the magpul sling too. I will have to get wtih you some time soon about those two items. I seen Bob for a sec while he was between customers. It was pretty crowded today. I didn't see much buying though. Prices were good. I did see a DPMS 308 AR for $995.
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#19]
BD

I stopped by but you were busy and my buddy was in a hurry to get home for some reason.  I didnt see any LPK's on the table but you did hand me a business card and made a comment about my holster on my side..
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
BD

I stopped by but you were busy and my buddy was in a hurry to get home for some reason.  I didnt see any LPK's on the table but you did hand me a business card and made a comment about my holster on my side..

Yep, it was empty, I remember that!

Lower parts kits were on the table in front of the 16" Middy.  I only had one on the table at a time.   Daniel Defense LPK's with the MOE trigger guards.  As you may, have noticed, my table was a little bit crowded.  I'll have to get two tabes next time.

Sorry I wasn't able to speak with you guys.  It would get a little busy in spurts.  My dad comes to help but doesn't know an M4 from a 1911, and mainly runs for drinks and food and stuff.  If I can help you with anything shoot me an email.

Hope to see some more of y'all tomorrow!

-BDHershey
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#21]
the table was full and i was just glancing.  When I need something I will shoot you an email.
Link Posted: 12/13/2009 3:22:24 AM EDT
[#22]
i was there, as well. and would have spoken but, it was two heads deep at the tables. i hope bob and brian had a good day(bus. wise). i'll catch up with yall later.

john
Link Posted: 12/13/2009 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I just got back....wasn't nearly as crowded as the last few I've been to––of course, I haven't gone to a show on a Sunday in years, but the Obama Frenzy appears to have subsided.  Plenty of over priced crap, but a few decent prices here and there.

What ended my day early was the group of illegals who took a shine to my AR.  Kid says he'll take it, but barely speaks any English.  I ask to see his DL....doesn't have one.  No ID, no sale.  

Another guy approaches me an hour later, says he'll take it.....he has a DL, so we start the transfer.  I start writing down his info and he starts acting shifty.  He asked me why I need his info so I explain that if the cops ever come to my door because my old rifle was used in a crime, I can point them to who I sold it to.   He said "Oh....I'm buying it for my cousin.  You said you wouldn't sell it to him because he's illegal"

Yep––thanks for your honesty, I truly appreciate it...but now I'm not selling it to you because I know it's a straw purchase.  Have a nice day.

A couple of pistols were stolen from a table while I was there....who in their right mind steals a gun when every other person there is armed???

It seemed like a whole different kind of crowd than I usually see at this show.  I don't think I'm going to any more unless I'm in a buying mood.

On a positive note, Silent Bob and crew were as friendly and well stocked as ever.  (good to see you again Bob!)
Link Posted: 12/13/2009 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Met BDHersey of Palmetto State Tactical. Intro'd myself and picked up a few Magpul goodies. I also got a Blackhawk Crucible II at a good price.

Bob and Jason of Upstate Armory had next to everything AR. Between Palmetto and Upstate they had everything.

Thanks Guys!
Link Posted: 12/13/2009 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#25]
A couple of pistols were stolen from a table while I was there....who in their right mind steals a gun when every other person there is armed???

We too were there all weekend.  One pistol was stolen from a friend of mine on Saturday and a couple other ones were stolen on Sunday.  As far as being dealers being armed is a loaded statement.  Even if we have CWP's loaded firearms are not allowed in the gun show - period.  One of my other friends is a FFL and sells silencers.  He was busy and turned his head for a second and noticed his p22 w/silencer was off the table and in a persons hand.  The hand went behind his body as if shielding it from view from the vendors view.  And then an accomplice walked behind the first guy and they did the switch-a-roo.  My friend just reached past a few people and snatched the p22 w/silencer out of the 'perps' hand and asked him if there was anything he could show him?

We were lucky enough to get in a case of .380.  Georgia Arms didn't even show up with any so we thought we would sell it off real quick like.  We thought it would sell like hotcakes but we sold our last 4 boxes just before closing on Sunday.  We sold some milsurps.  We sold lots of milsurp ammo.  We took in some trades too and that was cool.

Yesterday we bought a FN49 from a guy walking the show.  It was an Egyptian contract rifle and quite good looking.  I was looking forward to shooting it sometime but we ended up selling it to a client of our ours.

Going back to the stolen pistol thing.  Those guys got brass balls.  I hate a thief - big time.  If you guys on the floor see someone stealing something please say something and get involved.  Crime sucks.  Stealing sucks.  Stealing a firearm gives a slug the opportunity to steal, rob, or kill someone else.  That someone else could be anyone of us!

Link Posted: 12/13/2009 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Met BDHersey of Palmetto State Tactical. Intro'd myself and picked up a few Magpul goodies. I also got a Blackhawk Crucible II at a good price.

Bob and Jason of Upstate Armory had next to everything AR. Between Palmetto and Upstate they had everything.

Thanks Guys!

BK,

It was nice to meet you, and Thanks for the business!  It was good to see Bob and talk with him for a few minutes during the show too.

Today was much quiter than yesterday, at least for me.  Overall it was good though, each one is better than the last!

I look forward to the next one coming up, and to meeting more of y'all in person!

-BDHershey
Link Posted: 12/14/2009 2:14:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

As far as being dealers being armed is a loaded statement.  Even if we have CWP's loaded firearms are not allowed in the gun show - period.

I wasn't necessarily talking about the dealers DOGolden  I know that loaded guns in shows are verboten, but I also know that I didn't see any signs that fit the legal definition of a valid 'no guns' sign here in SC....the only thing they could do is ask you to leave if they see.

From SLED:

SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.

(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:  check

(1) clearly visible from outside the building;   check

(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;   nope...sign was bigger than this.  Looked like about 18" x 24"

(3) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black one inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;   nope.  It read NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED at the top, not the bottom and the lettering wasn't black––-the sign I saw was yellow and green

(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal;   nope––no silhouette at all

(5) a diameter of a circle; and   nope.  no circle

(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building’s entrance door.   check

**I know that's tap dancing in the gray shades of the law––the gentleman at the front door was very thorough about asking if I had concealable handguns while he zip tied my rifles and I heard it over the loudspeaker more than twice that loaded CCW are not allowed....my point is simply that nothing would have legally prevented me from ignoring the signs, as they didn't fit the legal definition.

FWIW, I actually didn't carry my CCW––I believe in law and order, so regardless of the letter of the law, I obeyed the idea of the law and left the Glock in the truck.  Based entirely upon the people and shennanigans I saw there yesterday, not everyone chooses to follow the law, and there weren't any pat downs or wands in use that I saw.

After my experience with the illegals,  I got to thinking about how easy it would be to mug people in the parking lot because you'd know that their guns aren't loaded.  If I'm not going to be permitted to protect myself, I'm simply not going to any more shows.  

It's been said in this thread already––the internet trumps gun shows almost 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2009 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as being dealers being armed is a loaded statement.  Even if we have CWP's loaded firearms are not allowed in the gun show - period.

I wasn't necessarily talking about the dealers DOGolden  I know that loaded guns in shows are verboten, but I also know that I didn't see any signs that fit the legal definition of a valid 'no guns' sign here in SC....the only thing they could do is ask you to leave if they see.

From SLED:

SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.

(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:  check

(1) clearly visible from outside the building;   check

(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;   nope...sign was bigger than this.  Looked like about 18" x 24"

(3) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black one inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;   nope.  It read NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED at the top, not the bottom and the lettering wasn't black––-the sign I saw was yellow and green

(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal;   nope––no silhouette at all

(5) a diameter of a circle; and   nope.  no circle

(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building’s entrance door.   check

**I know that's tap dancing in the gray shades of the law––the gentleman at the front door was very thorough about asking if I had concealable handguns while he zip tied my rifles and I heard it over the loudspeaker more than twice that loaded CCW are not allowed....my point is simply that nothing would have legally prevented me from ignoring the signs, as they didn't fit the legal definition.

FWIW, I actually didn't carry my CCW––I believe in law and order, so regardless of the letter of the law, I obeyed the idea of the law and left the Glock in the truck.  Based entirely upon the people and shennanigans I saw there yesterday, not everyone chooses to follow the law, and there weren't any pat downs or wands in use that I saw.

After my experience with the illegals,  I got to thinking about how easy it would be to mug people in the parking lot because you'd know that their guns aren't loaded.  If I'm not going to be permitted to protect myself, I'm simply not going to any more shows.  

It's been said in this thread already––the internet trumps gun shows almost 100% of the time.

You conveniently ignored...through fault or design...this part of the CWP law:

SECTION 23-31-220. Right to allow or permit concealed weapons upon premises; signs.

Nothing contained in this article shall in any way be construed to limit, diminish, or otherwise infringe upon:

(1) the right of a public or private employer to prohibit a person who is licensed under this article from carrying a concealable weapon upon the premises of the business or work place or while using any machinery, vehicle, or equipment owned or operated by the business;

(2) the right of a private property owner or person in legal possession or control to allow or prohibit the carrying of a concealable weapon upon his premises.

Signs are 'constructive notice'. the sign at the door (legal or not), the man asking you for handguns, and the instuctions given over the loudspeaker are 'actual notice', and 'actual notice' trumps 'constructive notice'.

The promoter and his agents (employees, off duty LEO's, etc.) are the persons in legal control of the building during such a show.

Link Posted: 12/14/2009 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I wasn't necessarily talking about the dealers DOGolden I know that loaded guns in shows are verboten, but I also know that I didn't see any signs that fit the legal definition of a valid 'no guns' sign here in SC....the only thing they could do is ask you to leave if they see.

No problem.  I didn't mean to start anything.  I guess if push came to shove any one of us at the show could slap a mag in something if we had to.  I apologize if I started something - that was not my intent.  

I still haven't met BDHershey.  Where was your table?  

On a different note, I invite any of you guys who frequent this forum to stop by and say hi at any show.  Seriously - I (we) love to talk guns.  Even though 'my thing' is WWII era milsurps I was in the Infantry for a couple of years and you could say I got acquainted with the black rifle(s).  

I sold all my personal AR's last year about this time (out of greed).  Suffice it to say I am AR-less (is that a word)?

-DOG
(aka Darrell)

ps - I got the chance to meet the Pontificator!

Link Posted: 12/14/2009 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#30]
I was on the same aisle as Bob and Upstate Armory, just at the opposite end.

Across the aisle from the guy with the turkey calls.

I had a banner over the booth, and two AR's set out on display.

-BDHershey
Link Posted: 12/14/2009 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I left my .45 in the truck but did walk in with my holster on my hip since it was easier to take the gun out but getting the holster off can be a pain.

Didnt hear any announcements on Saturday but did hear the stun guns going off too damn much.  My buddy and I decided it would be a better selling idea if someone was actually getting stunned with the stun gun when it went off.
Link Posted: 12/14/2009 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You conveniently ignored...through fault or design...this part of the CWP law:

SECTION 23-31-220. Right to allow or permit concealed weapons upon premises; signs.....

(1) the right of a public or private employer to prohibit a person who is licensed under this article from carrying a concealable weapon upon the premises of the business or work place or while using any machinery, vehicle, or equipment owned or operated by the business;

(2) the right of a private property owner or person in legal possession or control to allow or prohibit the carrying of a concealable weapon upon his premises.

Signs are 'constructive notice'. the sign at the door (legal or not), the man asking you for handguns, and the instuctions given over the loudspeaker are 'actual notice', and 'actual notice' trumps 'constructive notice'.

The promoter and his agents (employees, off duty LEO's, etc.) are the persons in legal control of the building during such a show.

Pont, you are 100% correct––no more arguments from this end of the peanut gallery  I neglected to take the private property clause into account.  I don't patronize businesses that post NO CCW signs, so I didn't even think about it, and in my excitement of finding a possible loophole, I neglected to read the beyond what I had found.

Thank you for correcting me in such a clear fashion.  

FWIW, I didn't carry at the show because although I really really really want a way around stupid laws, down deep, I'm a law abiding citizen. (I haven't even had a speeding ticket in over 20 yrs)

After my encounter with the illegals and the long walk back to the truck, I was cursing my law-abiding streak and I freely admit that I was looking for a loophole....but now that I have seen the law proving that I wouldn't have had a leg to stand on,  I most likely won't attend another show....no need for any of that drama, and no need to mingle with people like those I met yesterday.  

Again, thanks for setting me straight and helping to keep me (and anyone else stupid enough to follow advice from a dipshit on the internet) out of trouble

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice to meet and talk with you BD.  I was in on Sunday afternoon and talked to you about the rails for the Magpul MOE hand guardsfor my buddy that was with me.  

Hope to do business with you sometime.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Nice to meet and talk with you BD.  I was in on Sunday afternoon and talked to you about the rails for the Magpul MOE hand guardsfor my buddy that was with me.  

Hope to do business with you sometime.

Good to meet you too!

It's nice to be able to put some faces with names.

Just let me know if I can do anything for ya.

-BDHershey
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top