Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/25/2005 5:52:23 PM EDT
All-

I've got a lot of assorted gun-related junk sitting around that I want to sell. I'm sure that at the prices I want to get rid of them they'd fly at a gunshow, and I don't want to go to the hassle of posting them all on the EE and mailing them out. (e.g. about 1500 rounds of NORINCO FMJ 9X18 Makarov ammo. I can't for the life of me think of how to get rid of it on the EE at anything more than a firesale price).

So, I'm wondering, if I'm a private individual can I buy a table at a gunshow and hawk my stuff? I mean I don't have an FFL or a business license or anything like that. Are there liability type laws I need to comply with, especially since I'll hopefully be selling the ammo)

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:57:07 PM EDT
i think its kinda like a yard sale you dont need a business license but you have to pay for the table at a show. as long as your not selling guns or anything you need a ffl for you should be fine. but just for shits and giggles send me a list of what you got i may be interested in some of it, or know some one that might.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:20:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mylt1:
i think its kinda like a yard sale you dont need a business license but you have to pay for the table at a show. as long as your not selling guns or anything you need a ffl for you should be fine. but just for shits and giggles send me a list of what you got i may be interested in some of it, or know some one that might.

couldn't you sell your personal guns at a table as long as they could prove they were VA residents?

could I get the list too?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:31:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:44:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
Yes, you can get a table at a gunshow. I checked one time for the Showplace Show in Richmone. IIRC, the price was $50 per table for the weekend. Just find out who the promoter is for the show you want to sell the stuff at, and give them a call.

www.cegunshows.com/

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:05:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 7:30:54 PM EDT by mylt1]
i would think that you "could" sell your own gun but i will bet that the promoter would have ristrictions on who could sell guns and who couldnt ie ffl holders. now if he was walking around with a for sale tag on it its a different story. but if you rent a table you have to abide by there rules. make since? i think i even confused myself on this one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:29:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mylt1:
i would think that you "could" see your own gun but i will bet that the promoter would have ristrictions on who could sell guns and who couldnt ie ffl holders. now if he was walking around with a for sale tag on it its a different story. but if you rent a table you have to abide by there rules. make since? i think i even confused myself on this one.

it does seem confusing.

the restrictions would be in writing I guess . but it's something I never really thought about til this thread.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:45:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:44:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DrMark:

Yes, you can get a table at a gunshow. I checked one time for the Showplace Show in Richmone. IIRC, the price was $50 per table for the weekend. Just find out who the promoter is for the show you want to sell the stuff at, and give them a call.

www.cegunshows.com/

Yes, they do the Richmond show at the Showplace.

King_of_All_Tyrants never posted which gunshow he wanted to sell his stuff at.

Yeah, that was my recommendation, since I actually go to those shows!

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:49:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:57:26 PM EDT
Thanks all for the suggestions! I would intend to set up my table at either the Chantilly or Richmond gunshows (assuming the police aren't around the Richmond show.........)

A list of things for sale will be up in a few days, and I'll send it around. Anyone else who wants a list please email me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:27:47 PM EDT
I have long thought it would be a good idea to set up a regional AR15.com swap meet. I have alot of stuff that I would pretty much give away. I have holsters, belts, ammo cans, slings, a spotting scope, AK/AR accesories/spare parts galore, 20 gauge ammo, 12gauge ammo, a few inexpensive 22 rifles, rifle scopes, handgun grips, scope mounts and other crap that I have not used in years. It is not worth the hassle of listing, selling and shipping.

For such a swap meet to work, two things are needed.
1. A place to do it.
2. Other like minded people to set up tables with their crap.

The goal of course is to give your crap a good home and to take some other people's crap home that you can actually use.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:56:59 PM EDT
email sent, please include me in the list,

thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:04:33 PM EDT
I'm up for a swap meet type thing. We could hold it from 10-2 or so in conjunction with a barbeque or mini-shoot out.

Originally Posted By astrafire:
I have long thought it would be a good idea to set up a regional AR15.com swap meet. I have alot of stuff that I would pretty much give away. I have holsters, belts, ammo cans, slings, a spotting scope, AK/AR accesories/spare parts galore, 20 gauge ammo, 12gauge ammo, a few inexpensive 22 rifles, rifle scopes, handgun grips, scope mounts and other crap that I have not used in years. It is not worth the hassle of listing, selling and shipping.

For such a swap meet to work, two things are needed.
1. A place to do it.
2. Other like minded people to set up tables with their crap.

The goal of course is to give your crap a good home and to take some other people's crap home that you can actually use.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:46:55 PM EDT
Top Top