Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2005 10:37:04 AM EDT
I recently bought a pre ban essential arms AR15 lower reciever for a good price. The nearest gun shop to me with a reasonable transfer fee is the CT Gun Exchange in Monroe on rt 25. I used them for my first AR lower, a Stag, went nice and smoothe so I decided to use them for my 3rd transfer. I am up at school so my father is taking care of everything this time. I get a call from my father telling me that he just got a call from CTGX that they have our lower and then the guy asks if it's a pre ban, my father says yes and the guy says he's not sure he can transfer this. WTF, someone help me out here, this is a legit lower. From now on I am only dealing with Newington Gun Exchange, I may have to drive an hour outa my way but at least they aren't incompetant.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:47:36 PM EDT
Steve - Send them a copy of CT General Statute 53-202m and transfer you the lower. Otherwise, they can ship on their dime to NGX.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:22:03 PM EDT
Sorry to bug in, but does this mean what I think it means? A Pre-Ban, not on the list, needs no registration and is cool to own/transfer/import into the state.I may be moving back into the state and just want to doublecheck.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:52:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By StagHappyRanger:
Sorry to bug in, but does this mean what I think it means? A Pre-Ban, not on the list, needs no registration and is cool to own/transfer/import into the state.

I may be moving back into the state and just want to doublecheck.

That is exactly what that statute means.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:03:09 AM EDT
Thanks alot guys, hopefully the guy that is there when my father goes to pick it up today won't be as ignorant as the one on the phone. I do hope that I just got a dumb guy and this isn't the wya the whole shop is as they've been very good to us in the past and with gas like it is I really can't afford to drive an hour up to Newington anymore

Steve
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:31:29 AM EDT
Dad picked up the lower a few minutes ago, called, let me know it looked like crap, told him I know, hence the good price lol. It is definately a project I'll work on over time, I just wana see pictures of it, I haven't even seen the damn thing yet. Thanks alot Racer

Steve
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:55:57 AM EDT
Cool - Glad you got it. Be sure to make it extra evil!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:12:58 PM EDT
Now if only I could find someone to give one up . . .
Top Top