Member Login
Posted: 10/21/2004 6:05:33 PM EST
It was just on 10NBC news.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:42:14 AM EST
Not Good.....

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:31:36 AM EST
where's that place located, better start loadin mags.....
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:03:51 AM EST
That shop had a KG99 Threaded barrel with a Front Foregrip on it. I informed the clerk of the legal issues of selling that . After about 10 minutes he finally believed me. He said "our gunsmith put the foregrip on it , we didn't know it was illegal" . For a shop that had Class III weapons I find that hard to belive.

Ignorance of the law isn't a defense.

Matt
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:01:09 AM EST
This happened with the old owner.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:56:03 AM EST
Sounds like Edelman's
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:59:21 AM EST
I remember them. They had a great selection at the Camden county store.

<­BR>

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:55:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By mikepenn33:

Edelman's had a store right down on the Boulevard in Philadelphia years ago.

It was the first gun store I ever walked into. They had to be the most ignorant bunch of assholes ever!

Almost gave up buying a gun altogether.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:01:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/22/2004 11:03:14 AM EST by LastDefender]
I hated Edleman's! I consider myself a clean cut, middle class guy and would often shop there in a suit and tie. I was treated so rudely so often I would go there just to look as they had a great selection. I would then buy somewhere else. It's been over a decade and seeing their name still makes me angry. I flat out hated the F-ing store. God what a lousy place to shop! I celebrated the day they closed down. If urinating in public wasn't a crime, I'd have wee wee'd on their store the day it closed. Good Riddence to a worthless piece of sh-t place!

Regards,
Gary

edited to clean up my language and tone down my rehtoric
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:33:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By LastDefender:
I hated Edleman's! I consider myself a clean cut, middle class guy and would often shop there in a suit and tie. I was treated so rudely so often I would go there just to look as they had a great selection. I would then buy somewhere else. It's been over a decade and seeing their name still makes me angry. I flat out hated the F-ing store. God what a lousy place to shop! I celebrated the day they closed down. If urinating in public wasn't a crime, I'd have wee wee'd on their store the day it closed. Good Riddence to a worthless piece of sh-t place!

Regards,
Gary

edited to clean up my language and tone down my rehtoric

Now they own>>>>>> Edleman's is Now?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:43:20 PM EST
Bob...you do know that Danny at Tanners came from there right?

I don't think Edelmans owns Kimber although I do know that there was a business connection of some sort.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:58:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:40:16 PM EST
It's true... Leslie E. owns 'em.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:40:51 PM EST
I had been told this several years ago by someone who was in the firearms business and I also read an article in one of the gun magazines.

April 5, 2003 – At the 2003 SHOT Show, Kimber® Owner and President Leslie Edelman (right) presented the first $50,000 check installment to the U.S.A. Shooting Team.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:47:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By RepublicanMan:

I don't think Edelmans owns Kimber although I do know that there was a business connection of some sort.

I was at Tanners once, so I'm not to familiar with the staff.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:50:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By RepublicanMan:

I'm horrible with names. Which one is Danny?

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:16:15 PM EST
Stocky with dark hair and the beard. Wears glasses.....one of the nicest guys you'll ever do business with.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:38:41 PM EST
Good that he escaped the evil clutchs of the waste of space Leslie Edleman's Inc. May they rot in gunstore hell...! To my dying day I will hate that F-ing store! Sadly the store didn't burn down the day after their insurance lapsed!

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:19:24 PM EST
I remmeber it there too. I live not far from where it was now.. There was one in montgonerville only a few years ago.. But they are gone too

Frank

Originally Posted By Princeton:

Originally Posted By mikepenn33:

Edelman's had a store right down on the Boulevard in Philadelphia years ago.

It was the first gun store I ever walked into. They had to be the most ignorant bunch of assholes ever!

Almost gave up buying a gun altogether.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:31:41 AM EST
I guess it must be a case of "on any given day" I used to love to browse Edleman's, both the Roosevelt Boulevard Store and the store in Montgomeryville. I purchased two guns from them. One was a Colt SP1 which I bought for under 500.00 and the other was a POS Taurus S&W knockoff. I never encountered any problems with them. They were no better or no worse than most of the guns stores I have used. I for one am always sorry to see any gun store go out of business because we need the viability and the competition in the market.
Top Top