Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:05:13 PM EDT
Is Acher Arms, and Nebraska Gun the only 2 dedicated gun stores in lincoln?  I know there is scheils, and a hand full of pawn shops.  I bought a .357 magnum at a gunshow, the dealer said he was from lincoln, Gerbig something or other, but I cant find his shop and lost his card.  Are there any others in the area, and what is in Omaha?  Any shops with AKs and ARs in Omaha?  The above mentioned have a few of them in lincoln, exept for scheils, they only sell "hunting" guns and hand guns.  I miss the lincoln arms and ammo, they had a wide variety of guns.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I forgot to mention The Hat, mainly a blackpowder store, but sell some rifles/shotguns/pistols, only saw 1 ar there and it was on consignment.  Fair price though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#2]
There is an Arms & Ammo in Fremont.
Omaha has the Bullet Hole.  They have AR's. RRA, DPMS.
Guns Unlimited has mostly hunting, Shotguns, handguns and a few AR's.  Not my favorite place to do business.  And there's a Scheels also.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]
The Gun Shop in LIncoln was good if they are still open. They were at 19th & M street.  They were also a C3 dealer.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Sol's Pawn and Loan downtown in Omaha is the best in Omaha for "evil" now that Bellevue gun and supply closed.  Tommy knows all, and can get you most anything you want.  Yes it's a pawn shop, but kindly ignore the "urban youts" and you won't have a problem.  

ETA damnit, you beat me Dave
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Well thanks for the heads up, I might stop by our friendly omaha stores.  The Gun Shop was awsome, its now called Nebraska Gun, and they have most of the old inventory, at least last week they did.  I also forgot to mention The Hat in lincoln does $15 transfers, lowest in town.  Nebraska gun is $25, And im not sure about Acher arms.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got Gerbig's card somewhere in this mess. IM me if you need it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Does Gerbig have a store?  They had alot of handguns at the show, but I couldnt find him in the phone book.  Ill prob see him at a show, unless he quits going to the ones in lincoln.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:57:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#10]
David,

Is Chad opening a store out here in the Scottsbluff-Gering area or is he just moving out here?

Thanks,
Kyle
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There is an Arms & Ammo in Fremont.

Yep we are still in Fremont
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#13]
What ever happened with board member Arvin opening up a gun shop?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Belleview Gun at the southroads mall.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:55:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Belleview Gun at the southroads mall.

They closed up shop in Nov. '05.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#16]
What are the caliber restrictions on the indoor range at bullet hole?  Pistol only?  And how much does it cost to go in there and shoot?  Mabey I can pack up my pistols and do a little shopping and a little shooting afterward, then when im out of ammo, I can go shop at the other stores in omaha, make a day of it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What are the caliber restrictions on the indoor range at bullet hole? Pistol only?  

not sure how high they let you go, but i've fired sks's and ak's in there before.  be ready to have soft point or hollow point, or buy their (sky-high priced) ammo when you get there.

And how much does it cost to go in there and shoot?  

6 bucks an hour per person i believe, at least it was that bad when i was there last.  you also have to buy their targets and don't get to keep your brass (obviously that only affects those who reload).  i haven't been there in months after the way i was treated.  think SKS with 10-round fixed mag and douchewad soul patch goatee boy comes in and yells at me for 20-round rapid fire.  not sure what math he learned in skule.

sadly it's the only indoor range in omaha (which probably explains their lack of concern for the way they treat customers who aren't AR and Glock fanatics), which is why i wait till the weather is nice and go to a nearby wildlife management area, free target shooting courtesy of the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What are the caliber restrictions on the indoor range at bullet hole?  Pistol only?  And how much does it cost to go in there and shoot?  Mabey I can pack up my pistols and do a little shopping and a little shooting afterward, then when im out of ammo, I can go shop at the other stores in omaha, make a day of it.

havn't been there in awhile
Anthing up to  3000fps is good to go( there ia a foot pound limit also)
No belted magnum cartridhes  
all rifle must me SP or HP
NFA stuff is ok with permisson
shotgun ok with slugs and buckshot
no muzzleloaders or BP anyrthing
I think it is a $12 a hour
its been awhile some of that may be incorrect
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I think it is a $12 a hour

you're right, i was thinking $6 per HALF hour.  my bad.  thanks for putting that up.  

you can always go to their website, www.thebh.com and that probably has more specific and up-to-date info.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What ever happened with board member Arvin opening up a gun shop?

Tjings are going really slow right now. I wanted to get everything going but after I had my surgery in June to remove my cancer it showed back up in August so I am undergoing chemo again and don't have much time to do very much with the gun shop right at the moment. I can do orders every now and then but it is tough to do and I am more into trying to get healthy so the shop is on hold for a while until I can get mobile enough to make the shop a day to day thing for me to do. I just wished this damn cancer would get gone and stay away it is ruining my plans and ideas. I will let everyone know when I finally get everything squared away enough to where I can run the shop like I want it to. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Damn, sorry to hear you're having trouble again. I sure hope you get well soon and you should definately keep your health at the top of your priorities list. But keep us updated and let us know if there's anything we can do.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#22]
What is the wildlife management area Ferret, and hey, I saw pics of your new hungarian ak on the other site, Im also looking foward to diong a few builds soon!  Im building amd65, and should have enough money this weekend to order underfolder.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I got plenty of ak ammo in hollow point, does bullet hole allow that?  I might go check it out, but Id rather rapid fire.  If some dueche is going make me shoot one shot every 3 secs.  Might not be worth going.  What the hell, if they allow full auto whats wrong with rapid firing a semi?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#24]
and i dont mean bumpfire, unless its allowed.  Im talking shoot, reaquire, shoot, and on and on.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#25]
the bullet hole, at least in my experiences there, seems to be biased toward giving as much crap to the non-AR/Glock crowd as possible.  i've been there with the AR and it was like i was their best buddy they ever had.  3 days later it's AK/SKS time, and it's like i barely even exist.

interesting to say the least.  disappointing and angering would probably be more accurate.

the WMA we go to is Hamburg Bend, just south of Nebraska City (just south of the OPPD plant).  it's a bit of a drive, about 40 minutes, but we usually have 5-6 people out there on average, and take two vehicles.  even the $20 cost for gas there and back for both cars is WAY the hell less than we would spend getting crapped on at the bullet hole ($12 per person per hour, 5-6 people, and we usually shoot for 2-3 hours minimum, sometimes 4-5).  add to that the capability of 150-ish yards max distance versus the what, 25 at the bullet hole?

that and there's almost NEVER anyone else out there.  my only gripe is that when there are others out there, they never pick up after themselves.  so we take a few minutes to pick up their trash to prevent NGPC from shutting it down.  if you go out there, please just pick up targets and maybe shotgun hulls you see.  a tarp off to the right is a great way to get the vast majority of empties that are ejected too.

i can also vouch for friendliness toward FA/bumpfiring too at Hamburg--we had a guy bring a registered m16 out (and had his paperwork on him too) and the CO (conservation officer) showed up randomly.  came over and was very very cool with us, talked guns for a little while and we let him dump a mag on the 16.  big ol' grin on his face, he thanked us and wished us well, then went on his way.  nary a problem with anyone out there, save for a couple idiots 3 days before deer season opened who decided that was the perfect time to sight in their rifles.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top