Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 6:41:39 AM EDT
The show was totally packed with people. I've never seen that many there before. While I was at the show on Saturday they announced a handgun had been stolen. It was an Olympic Arms handgun. Not sure which model. Did you guys hear about that?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Things like this ruin it for all of us -
If you need a background check to buy a gun why not run the background check on all these gangbanging shitbags befor letting them in to the show?

All blue cards should be allowed in free and without any background check- just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#2]
off topic, but as i walking down the hill towards the show, some 'gangbanger' types were walking up--one of them carrying a Level 2 vest.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I was there when they announced that the gun was stolen. It is a damn shame.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#4]
A couple of shows ago, I was there and two guys walked off with two brand new AR-15's.  They made it out of there clean too. Very Balsy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I was in line right in front of some 'glock foh-teh' type individuals all decked out in the LA rapper gang bang attire. It's almost embarrassing that these types go to gun shows. But anyway, the stolen gun was an Olympic handgun and I think most of those were 1911's, so who knows, it could have been anyone. Then everyone had to have their bags checked on exit. I was hoping they would have caught the person or located the weapon by now. Idiot thieves.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I was there a few shows back when two Steyr Augs were stolen. I don't think they ever got them back.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was there a few shows back when two Steyr Augs were stolen. I don't think they ever got them back. hr

hock.gif

Yeah I was with Sm0key when they announced the theft. I hope they catch the person responsible.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
off topic, but as i walking down the hill towards the show, some 'gangbanger' types were walking up--one of them carrying a Level 2 vest.

Thus the reason to train for armed criminals wearing vests. 2 to the torso and a follow up to the head or girdle.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I would think a nice 5.7 with the correct ammo would even things
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I would think a nice 5.7 with the correct ammo would even things

Perhaps i should get off my ass and get my SBR paperwork submitted...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
But anyway, the stolen gun was an Olympic handgun and I think most of those were 1911's, so who knows, it could have been anyone. Then everyone had to have their bags checked on exit. I was hoping they would have caught the person or located the weapon by now. Idiot thieves.  

Oly also makes a polymer framed clone of the Whitney Wolverine .22, and AR pistols.

searching bags won't help, it's too easy to hide a handgun on your person.

i was at one show where someone stole some "class three parts", not sure what... perhaps a '16 fire control group. IIRC they caught him. gotta wonder if he actualy got charged with "intent to manufacture"?

the FN 5.7 ain't the only name in the anti-vest game,  a CZ-52 or Tokarev in 7.62x25, or any 9mm with a barrel in .30 Luger (Ruger sells HGs with .30 Luger barrels) or any 10mm converted to .224 BOZ should do nicely.

IIRC, the .224 BOZ loads give 5.56 balistics from a Glock 29 for example.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thus the reason to train for armed criminals wearing vests. 2 to the torso and a follow up to the head or girdle.

Thus the reason to carry patrol rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top