Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 8:50:16 AM EDT
at the Ladson Fair grounds, I believe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah its at the Fair Grounds....anyone happen to know what time it opens?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeah its at the Fair Grounds....anyone happen to know what time it opens?

0900 IIRC.

It's a Land of the Sky show, and I think that is their normal time.  Hell, if I'm wrong, look at it this way, at least you'll have first pick...well, minus what the vendors have already picked through.

I'll be there.  

Advice to y'all going --

Go to ATF's site and print out the regs concerning the new laws.  I know that there'll be at least one dealer there trying to price gouge.  Show him the new regs and then tell him to shove his *whatever* up his ass!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope this show isn't as dissappointing as some in the past.  Too much crap for sale and not enough good buys.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:27:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Price gouge,  NO.  I have been to every show out there for the part 2 years.  I have yet to see someone with decent prices on mags, ammo, guns, or just about anything for that matter.  Hell even the ammo cans I bought were too expensive.  But I just keep going back.  This time I am very interested to see how much they are wanting for new ar15 mags.  My guess is $18 and up.  

I beleive is starts ar 8 or 9.

I just keep going back hoping they have something worth my trip.

Is the one in Columbia any better?  I have got mailers for that but never went.  Can anyone comment on that one.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:06:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah the show wasn't very good.  Crappy rifles, trying to rape and pilage on parts.  It started off bad with the No Concealed Weapons signs, that were not legal by the way.

Did find a company that claims to do $20 FFL transfers - C & C Gun Shop.  Anybody dealt with them?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:22:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Heard about them on the radio, but never delt with them.  I do know another guy that does $20 transfers.  He is a real nice guy.  IM me if you want his name and number.  

I guess I was lucky, I found some good deals on ar15 mags.  $11 for 30rd and $15 for 20rd both brand new.  For me that was worth the trip.

You are right about the rifles through.  Althought I was suprised there seemed to be more black rifles, dealers, and most of all people.  There were even 3 class 3 dealers there, including mine which was the first time I have saw that.

The crowd was the usual, middle age men, young guys in the military, and few hot women here and there, but one thing did disturb me.  I saw a group of wanna be thug struting around with his brand new side folder ak.  Now I don't want to sterotype, but he and his friends looked like they could cause trouble with that.  I know what you are probably thinking, but no, all 3 were a different race.  That is type of thing we don't need!  He gets drunk one night and does something stupid, and blam, plastered all over the news, Gang member goes crazy with AK.  Oh the world is going to end.  And poor John Q public is just too stupid to actually get informed info.  I just hope that doesn't happen.

addeded:  I forgot the poor bastards still trying to sell "pre-ban" ar15's.  I laughed every time!  And the cheaped Beta C I found was $325.  Makes the $230 I just paid seem really low.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:46:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw a group of wanna be thug struting around with his brand new side folder ak.  Now I don't want to sterotype, but he and his friends looked like they could cause trouble with that.  

Don't be hatin'.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I definetly missed the $11 30 round mags, all the ones I saw were $20 a pop...I don't mind maying a little more, but the $11 ones are right in my price range.  I'm gonna give C&C a visit in the morning, see what they say, I'll IM you about the other guy if I get the bad feeling in my gut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top