Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 11:19:28 PM EDT
Did anybody go to the gunshow this weekend?  How was it and did you find anything good?  I went to the last one and sold a few guns but I was not able to make it to this one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Not paying $30 to go to a gun show when I can order stuff straight to my front door for less than the crazy prices 98% of the dealers want.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:45:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not paying $30 to go to a gun show when I can order stuff straight to my front door for less than the crazy prices 98% of the dealers want.

Same. I went once and then you had to pay for parking, and then you had to pay for your ticket in, and then you couldn't concealed carry, and then everything was super expensive, and then you were surrounded in mall ninjas.

If anything, the next desert shoot we go to every one should bring their extra guns and accessories and we will just sell among each other.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If anything, the next desert shoot we go to every one should bring their extra guns and accessories and we will just sell among each other.

SUPER IDEA!!!

–––– Or maybe we could organize an AZ HTF 'Desert Gun Show / Swap Meet' somewhere in..........the desert! No vendor fees! No parking fees! No dolls, candles, or jerky! We could have a Boy Scout Troop (atten; `rizzo ) sell refreshments at a reasonable price as a fund raiser for their Troop! All we'd need would be an appropriate area off the beaten path, a best time of year [for weather], and a porta pottie of two.

Something to think about!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I went.  $13 ($1 discount) to get in a $3 to park outside of the fairgrounds.  They wanted $10 to park in the fairgrounds.  I like to pull up and do a U-Turn to let them know that's stupid.  

There was some interesting stuff in there.  Picked up 5 NEW 1970's Colt 20 round mags with zinc followers, very cool and a good price for unused mags.  Got to love retro.  Picked up a DPMS parts kit for a reasonable price.  Looked at a complete Plum Crazy plastic lower with collapsible stock for $119.  Passed but I thought about it for shits and giggles.  Met Lance at Dane Armory, nice guy.  He does quite a bit of work on AR's and has is own lowers.  Looked good.  Met Young Manufacturing and looked at a side cocker upper.  Nice unit, I'll get one eventually.  Met the guys at Quentin Laser.  Nice guys, gonna have them do some custom stuff.  Pretty excited about that.  And looked at Arizona Armory's new forged lowers.  Those looked great too!   Also looked at a KAC complete rifle for $2,500.  Still not impressed.  Ken Elmore at Specialized Armament was there.  Talked with him a little bit.   The Lancaster guys were there.  They always have good specials when they are there if you're into AK's.  J&G was there but only brought ammo.  Was hoping they would bring down some of the police trade in 1187's.  Only ammo this time.  

Ammo prices were nothing special.  All and all not a bad show.  Was happy to pick up those retro mags at a good price.  Can't buy those anywhere.

The show was not crowded at all which was nice.  I think the economy and prices are kicking in finally.  I think the next show is at Phoenix Stadium.  Same price for the show supposedly, parking will be $5.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top