Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/18/2009 8:10:49 AM EST
I'll be going to the gun show in Lexington Ky this weekend. I am hoping to find a M&P Ar15. I have a S&W pre-war model 10 38spl, that I am going to take to see about a trade. It is the original nickel plating. It was handed down to me and just sits in it's case. I suppose you could call it a safe queen. I would love to get into the AR craze. My 40 cal is also a S&W. So I am real partial to that brand. Any certain booth I should be looking for? It will be my first gun show.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:54:45 AM EST
Too bad you missed the sale at Buds Gun Shop a few weeks ago. M&P AR's were $699
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:04:21 AM EST
I keep kicking myself when I hear about that sale. New to this AR craze, so I never really heard of Bud's until after the fact. I am checking their site now though. Anyone please alert me if that sale happens again.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:54:51 AM EST
Give them a call anyway. 859-987-8261. They have LITERALLY HUNDREDS of the S&W M&P ARs in stock in a couple of configurations and are dealing on them.This is the store in Paris, 20 minutes from Lexington.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:27:16 PM EST
Bud's Gun Shop in Paris still has a couple of M&P15 models for $699. You won't beat that deal anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:44:35 AM EST
Did anybody go?

How was it?

Any great deals?

U1121
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:04:25 AM EST
Depends on what you are looking for as to whether there were any good deals. I found some 38 special defensive ammo for some decent prices. I saw some Smith & wesson revolvers that were priced good. A Model 586 for $395 which is a good price. But unfortunately I did not have enough money to deal with that today I saw some shotguns decently priced and some other weapons.

But there were others still with jacked up prices on both guns and ammo. But overall I thought it was the best gun show in lexington in a while.

My two cents worth.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:30:08 PM EST
was J & T there with any reasonsonably priced uppers?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:29:20 PM EST
AR and AK prices are through the roof here.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:26:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By deranged1:
was J & T there with any reasonsonably priced uppers?

Yes, they were. The most expenisve upper I saw was for about $500 and it was a fluted bull barrel. They also had some scrap barrel for 20 bucks and scratch and dent uppers. Regular uppers were in the 300's but I don't recall exact price.

I noticed some AR and AK prices slowely going down but not too much. Seeing some complete AR's in the 800s.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:44:54 AM EST
Went today,
JT had a sign dropping all prices on complete guns by $150 from tagged price
Looked like lots of people with ammo they bought at walmart and marked up to bring to the show.
Saw some good deals but passed on most stuff. Glad to see Sherwood got buds old spot at the show.
I always try him first if looking for something.

Anyone else think its hilarious that the Ramadan celebration was being held next door to the gun show?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:08:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By CbtEngr1:

Anyone else think its hilarious that the Ramadan celebration was being held next door to the gun show?

I pulled in the parking lot and thought it was strange to see a couple of foreign looking guys coming out.Then I kept seeing them! I found out what was going on and I had a laugh too.What a coincidence...I did see a guy that I knew and he took a picture of a sell of a SKS to one of the guys out in the hallway.
I went this morning when it opened since nothing else going on.Pretty decent show by Lexington standards I thought.Some good deals on stuff if you were in the market in my opinion?Still some of the guys that shoot for the moon and hope for the fool to come by and pay it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:10:21 AM EST
I nearly got ran over by some douche in the parking lot but scored some primers and another Marlin for the collection. Decent selection of reloading components and ammo, hadn't seen some of it in 6 months or so..
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:12:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2009 8:13:13 AM EST by Kingstrider]
oops double post
Top Top