Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 10:14:50 AM EDT
Anyone know if it's any good?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Usually it's a very good show. Sometimes the best in WNY.

What else better is there to do next weekend?? Huh
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Only about a mile form my house as the crow flies.  This is usually a good show.  Weather is supposed to be pretty good too.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#3]
cool, I am there. You are right, what else would there be to do. Plus I need ammo for the warm times.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Where is "The Dome"?  Is that the Carrier Dome?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You bet
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Negative.

Monroe Co Dome Arena
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Syracuse show is Apr. 22-23 I believe.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]
My bad, thanks for the check
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Sonofabitch, $7 to get into a gun show! At least the parking is free......
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My bad, thanks for the check

No problem. I could just imagine the hilarity if some ARFcomer's showed up at the Carrier Dome expecting a gunshow.  SU is one of the more liberal campuses in the country (SU kicked the boy scouts out of the Dome-where they had held a fund raising dinner for years- because of their anti-gay policy).

Anyhow, I do believe there will be another AR15.com lunch planned on Saturday. We normally meet Ed Sr in the front entrance of the Dome arena at noon. Usually Tully's is the restaurant we attend.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Anyhow, I do believe there will be another AR15.com lunch planned on Saturday. We normally meet Ed Sr in the front entrance of the Dome arena at noon. Usually Tully's is the restaurant we attend.

What? You mean EdSr wont be flying us to Peter Lugers in his corporate Jet for a free meal courtesy Arfcom? The humility
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone meeting inside the show to look around before the lunch thing?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Anyone meeting inside the show to look around before the lunch thing?

My crew usually spreads out, take in the show, then look for Ed Sr at noon near the Dome entrance. If you don't know what he looks like, find one of his posts and click on his profile.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:03:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Why not become a member, $10 get you in all three shows.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Why not become a member, $10 get you in all three shows.

Can I join up when I go to the show tomorrow?
Link to their website maybe? Good idea.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#16]
im out of town until may, so i'll tag this thread for after action reports about how high or low the prices were
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Syracuse show is Apr. 22-23 I believe.

04/22/2006 - 04/23/2006
Spring Syracuse Gun Show
Verizon Center of Progress
607-723-5668
Admission: Adults $6.00, Seniors $5.00, Under 12 free
Hours: Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm, Sunday 9:00am-3:00pm
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I was there this morning from 10:15ish-1:15ish with two friends. While I didn't see any *crazy* deals, prices were not terrible, and my friend walked away with a STAG lower reciever for $125 Out The Door, which is what he would have paid for one from AIMSURPLUS plus dealer transfer. I walked away with 2 USGI NIW 15-rounder M1 carbine magazines for $20.00 OTD, which I consider a deal, and 2 ALICE style M16 mag pouches for a dollar each.

Ammo seemed a little scarce this show. Some booths had some decent deals, one guy was selling 20 round boxes of Q3131 for 4.00 a piece, I picked up a few. One guy was selling wolf 7.62x39 for $5.00 a box of 20, another table had it for a more reasonable $2.50 a box.

Lots of surplus rifles were to be had, but not anything that stood out as a good deal. One guy had a pre-64 winchester 94 in 30-30 with 2 boxes of ammo and reloading dies for $250 OTD, I wish I had been in the market for one. K-31's abounded, many in excellent condition, but with prices reaching into the 150's. The usual representation was there for M1 garands, carbines, enfields, mosin-nagants, and SKS's.

On the "EBR" side of things, I had the opportunity to get my hands on a PS-90, which was going for $1,999.00. It was amazing to handle, so small in person. It seemed like there were less ARs than normal, but there was a few tables with NY legal post-bans for reasonable prices, and one guy with a few pre-94 colts for sale, including stripped recievers. One thing I was rather impressed with, was the beretta storm carbine which although has been out for a while I have never seen in person. It is truly an impressive gun that seems to handle really nicely. WASR-10's were everywhere, and Saiga rifles made a nice showing in multiple calibers.

The usual knife-sharpening guy was there, and the fantasy knives and swords guy, and some random dude with fishing poles. I didn't see any totally non-related stuff like beanie babies or beef jerky.

I took two of my gun-loving "disciples", and we all agreed it was a good show with guns for every taste. A good mix of new, used, accessories, and curiosities, and well worth the 7 bucks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:17:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I was there too.  Picked up some NIW English 30 round mags for $11.99 each and some of the Wolf SS109 to give it a try.  Same guy also had some Guatamalan ammo too.  $255 for 1440 rounds.  I also got some followers and springs for 20 round mags from John Mason's table.  Those metal followers really work.  I placed them in some of my el-cheapo steel 20 round mags and also in a Colt mag I had with a plastic follower.  They don't tilt at all.  

AM going back today as my son wants to go too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#20]
could anyone tell me what the prices were like for preban AR's and AR recievers?

thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#21]
One guy was selling a pre ban colt for 2900.00 hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I hope he chokes on it

I bought 1000 rounds of 5.56 U.S. issue rounds for 150.00 after I showed him my Military ID. I just wanted it for SHTF like the way it was packed and he said he needs at least one charity case a show.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
could anyone tell me what the prices were like for preban AR's and AR recievers?

thanks

I saw a 6520 Govt carbine for $1500/or BO. A 9mm with A1 stock for $1500 or BO. Some prices higher. No real bargins on Colts at the show, although the 6520 wasn't bad.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I shot the Crosman "Nightstalker" at the range set up in the back. I had to have one, semi-automatic pellet gun. My kids and I are having a ball with it. That's the only thing I bought.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
One guy was selling a pre ban colt for 2900.00 hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I hope he chokes on it

I bought 1000 rounds of 5.56 U.S. issue rounds for 150.00 after I showed him my Military ID. I just wanted it for SHTF like the way it was packed and he said he needs at least one charity case a show.

If you got a thousand rounds of 5.56 for $150, you got a deal!
Several of us would drive back for that.
Did anyone else notice the old guy with the walker near the entrance? He had a "White Feather" and a "Seacacus imported", sear cut STG58 FAL that I'm still drooling over....only $3,100.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, he is a local to me. He has had both for awhile for sale (months).

It's not a "Whitefeather", it's a M21 and he had a Leupold 10x on it before and now has a SA Govt scope on it, Gen 2 I think. He says it's unfired but I'm not too sure of that.
That FAL was fine, fine.

The show was super on Saturday----------------quite the dud on sunday.

$2900 Colt----Saw a couple other preban Colt's and M1a's-----------$1500 range
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#26]
The nightstalker looks identical (to me at least) to the Beretta Storm. If you're having much fun with it, I might take a look into them...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It's not a "Whitefeather", it's a M21 and he had a Leupold 10x on it before and now has a SA Govt scope on it, Gen 2 I think. He says it's unfired but I'm not too sure of that.

My mistake, I thought it was a "White Feather", but I really wasn't looking it over as hard as the FAL. Those pre-ban, sear cut modles are tough to find, and even tougher to afford.
Did you happen to nitice what the FAL had for optics? The guy said "...it's got a thousand dollar Nikon scope on it, that's why it's so much...".
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Did anyone else notice the old guy with the walker near the entrance? He had a "White Feather" and a "Seacacus imported", sear cut STG58 FAL that I'm still drooling over....only $3,100.  

Was this a Steyr imported, Seacuacus, New Jersey imported FN Model 50.00 with the sear cut lower? More specifically, did it have the long thin flashider on it, or did it have the more common grenade launcher version? Reason Im asking is it might be my old rifle!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mistake, I thought it was a "White Feather", but I really wasn't looking it over as hard as the FAL.  Those pre-ban, sear cut modles are tough to find, and even tougher to afford.
Did you happen to nitice what the FAL had for optics? The guy said "...it's got a thousand dollar Nikon scope on it, that's why it's so much...".

No problem, I wasn't trying to be rude. I saw his rifles a couple weeks ago and really looked hard at the M1A myself. Had it been a Whitefeather, it would be in my safe. The last I saw the FAL, it had the SA scope on it. He has been flipping the scopes around I see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top