Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2009 11:22:26 AM EDT
I am looking for a .22lr pistol. What other places then Gun Center sell pistols in WNY/Buffalo? I know of Jonsons (sp?) in Lockport but that is a bit of a drive from Hamburg and have not made it out that way yet.

Any other places I should stop by and look?
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Gander Mountain in Tonawanda. Otherwise buy online and do a transfer through an FFL.
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Gander Mountain in Tonawanda. Otherwise buy online and do a transfer through an FFL.

This, I go to Gun Center and Gander Mountain to fondle then check prices here for what I want.
When they start pressuring for the sale I pipe up with my internet pricing and they get even more pissier, if it's possible.
You can also try SWAT in Lackawanna. They have a few, not bad pricing, but a few pistols in their counter.
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I forgot about SWAT. They are good to deal with, but not quite the selection of BGC.
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, found their website. Their prices seem kinda high, but the Glock prices seem OK. I will check them out. Any others?

ETA:OK, found their website. Their prices seem kinda high, but the Glock prices seem OK. I will check them out. Any others?

Link Posted: 12/1/2009 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
On Ridge Rd next to Curly's (great food BTW)

http://www.swatstore.com/
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
What are ya looking for in particular? I really do good in our EE even with the transfer fee from my FFL it is usually a better deal.
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What are ya looking for in particular? I really do good in our EE even with the transfer fee from my FFL it is usually a better deal.

Was looking for a revolver with a 4 inch barrel or maybe something like a P22.

Link Posted: 12/1/2009 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the info of a good FFL. Go to GM or gun center to hold the gun then order it online and have it shipped to an FFL.
Link Posted: 12/2/2009 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have the info of a good FFL. Go to GM or gun center to hold the gun then order it online and have it shipped to an FFL.

I agree.

Most of us do that I think. Search the EE and let us know if you need a FFL. I have one in Cheektowaga area.
Link Posted: 12/2/2009 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I will look at the Rochester gun show this weekend and see if I can find anything. If I can find something used in decent condition I should be able to save a few bucks, but if not, then I will just order what I like off the internet.
Link Posted: 12/2/2009 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Don Craiglow lives in West Seneca, he is a no BS gun dealer. Pfinach is also an FFL he doesn't do pistols, however don does. Both are good dealers and have reasonable transfer prices.
Link Posted: 12/2/2009 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#12]
if youd like to drive a little bit..

ive never dealt first hand, BUT i have multiple reputable sources claiming that the owner is a great guy to deal with and is very fair priced

its in wyoming county though..  about 40 mins down rt 5 then south on 98 if your interested..  

id prefer to continue more info through PM only
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 2:04:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I recently was in the market for a Savage 10FCP-K; looked at all the online gun stores, knew what the average 'net' price was, then you have to figure transfer & shipping costs -easily $50- and also a background check which can also become a charge...turned out BGC had the exact weapon I wanted at far less than MSRP and within chump-change of what the big online sellers wanted. Plus I'm a former WNY small-business owner; I'm willing to support my local retailer rather than big-box stores because I know the hellish paperwork NYS forces biz to do just for the pleasure of doing biz in NYS.

You vote with your money! I vote to keep my local dealer open- especially when they're actually pretty competitively priced...and on ammo too! C'mon, Hamburg is about a 25 minute drive from BGC- Johnson's in Lockport adds another 25 (990 to Transit)

Regards,
Alex
USMC
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 3:25:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I recently was in the market for a Savage 10FCP-K; looked at all the online gun stores, knew what the average 'net' price was, then you have to figure transfer & shipping costs -easily $50- and also a background check which can also become a charge...turned out BGC had the exact weapon I wanted at far less than MSRP and within chump-change of what the big online sellers wanted. Plus I'm a former WNY small-business owner; I'm willing to support my local retailer rather than big-box stores because I know the hellish paperwork NYS forces biz to do just for the pleasure of doing biz in NYS.

You vote with your money! I vote to keep my local dealer open- especially when they're actually pretty competitively priced...and on ammo too! C'mon, Hamburg is about a 25 minute drive from BGC- Johnson's in Lockport adds another 25 (990 to Transit)

Regards,
Alex
USMC

Yeah but they have the worlds worst attitudes and a well deserved reputation for treating people rudely. Fuck em then! They were overly rude to me too many times. BTW: I haven't heard of any local shops or FFL's charging seperately for the background check.

Link Posted: 12/15/2009 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Funny this should be brought up again. I am in the market for a G26 for a Christmas present to myself.
Do you think I could find one decently priced on the interwebz?
It turns out that I am better off using the Glock LEO pricing and adding my own grip extensions and TFO's that I was looking for.

Link Posted: 12/15/2009 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought my 19 on Buds Guns. It was new with 10 rounders and after all said and done including transfer fee I paid close to 520.
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I bought my 19 on Buds Guns. It was new with 10 rounders and after all said and done including transfer fee I paid close to 520.

That's decent.
I would really like to have mine before Christmas, I think I ride out to the SWAT Shop in in order!
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's decent.
I would really like to have mine before Christmas, I think I ride out to the SWAT Shop in in order!

SWAT had some good prices. I almost bought a 26 this weekend at the Black Rifle Expo. I want to get my Conceal Carry before I buy a 26, or at least apply for my conceal carry and then buy the 26 so I can start practicing with it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:55:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's decent.

SWAT had some good prices. I almost bought a 26 this weekend at the Black Rifle Expo. I want to get my Conceal Carry before I buy a 26, or at least apply for my conceal carry and then buy the 26 so I can start practicing with it.

BR Expo? In WNY??????  Where was that?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's decent.

I was the rifle expo in Syracuse. The thread was tacked for weeks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's decent.

I was the rifle expo in Syracuse. The thread was tacked for weeks.

Oh yeah, I saw that, I thought it was some where in WNY, closer to me in Eire County.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oh yeah, I saw that, I thought it was some where in WNY, closer to me in Eire County.  

You could have come, I was there and I live in Erie county. Word on the street is there will be more of those in early '10
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could have come, I was there and I live in Erie county. Word on the street is there will be more of those in early '10

Maybe I'll make the trek up there with ya next time.
PM sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top