Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/19/2012 4:06:30 PM EST
I own a few transferable full autos, and it's always hard to find a place to shoot them. I know DFW Gun range allows them, but I was wondering if there are any others in or noth of Dallas and Fort Worth. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:33:10 PM EST
I think your best bet will be Mickey's.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:35:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/19/2012 4:36:29 PM EST by Wahnsinn]
Where north are you looking? And yes, I second Mickey's. It's south of DFW (a little bit), but depending where you're coming from it'll work out well.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:06:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By itsARanchrifle:

I enjoy that place, but there are two problems. #1 It is an hour south of me. Honestly, that doesn't really matter to me #2 This is the big problem. I don't have a key. :(

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:23:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By collegeboy:

I enjoy that place, but there are two problems. #1 It is an hour south of me. Honestly, that doesn't really matter to me #2 This is the big problem. I don't have a key. :(

I think you can still get one.
At least I think I've read that here.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:39:03 PM EST

I think you can still get one.
At least I think I've read that here.

Anyone have his information?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:42:35 PM EST
Magnum north of Denton. That dude will let you do whatever if you ask him in advance.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:46:40 PM EST
Shoot Smart in Ft Worth allows full auto in the private suites.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:31:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By txinvestigator:

Private suites? How does one get to shoot in the private suites?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:49:07 PM EST
Anyone have his information? .

You need to contact either Mickey or Colt Lowrey at the Ammo Depot.

903-527-6120

Lease access rights are sold on an annual basis and renewals start on Jan 1 of each year. I presume that renewal notices are going out soon for next years keys. ( I have not gotten mine yet, but they usually show up late Nov/early Dec)

The best time to contact them is probably right now to be put on the list (assuming there are no open spots available for the remainder of 2012). That way when free spaces come up on Jan1 from folks who decided not to renew, you are there to take their place. The later into the year you wait the higher the chance that all the keys for that year are gone.

And yes....I am jealous you are only 1 hour away from the gate.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:11:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By jbntex:
Anyone have his information? .

You need to contact either Mickey or Colt Lowrey at the Ammo Depot.

903-527-6120

Lease access rights are sold on an annual basis and renewals start on Jan 1 of each year. I presume that renewal notices are going out soon for next years keys. ( I have not gotten mine yet, but they usually show up late Nov/early Dec)

The best time to contact them is probably right now to be put on the list (assuming there are no open spots available for the remainder of 2012). That way when free spaces come up on Jan1 from folks who decided not to renew, you are there to take their place. The later into the year you wait the higher the chance that all the keys for that year are gone.

And yes....I am jealous you are only 1 hour away from the gate.

What is the cost?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:13:10 AM EST
$275/yr.

I'm in Grapevine, and it takes me about 45 minutes to get there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:15:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By JBnTX:

This is very confusing.

Your inbox is full jbntex.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:32:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 5:34:31 AM EST by Wahnsinn]
Yes, Mickey should still have keys available for 2013, friend of mine just got one recently.

Also for anyone that hasn't been out there lately, Mickey has been making some improvements to the place:

BBQ grill is up (similar to what you might see at a park)
Small playground swingset for the little ones (surprisingly no holes that I've seen yet)
New shooting tables are up
Couple picnic bench/tables are up
Shooting lane now has a dedicated table to use along with a 22lr pistol metal target
Looks to me like he put some new gravel down once you get past the second gate, all the way down to the main spots

jbntx - you may want to give him a call, I got my renewal last month and already got my key for next year in the mail
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:09:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By Cremora:

Originally Posted By JBnTX:

This is very confusing.

Your inbox is full jbntex.

Sorry inbox is cleared out now. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:10:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By Wahnsinn:
Yes, Mickey should still have keys available for 2013, friend of mine just got one recently.

Also for anyone that hasn't been out there lately, Mickey has been making some improvements to the place:

BBQ grill is up (similar to what you might see at a park)
Small playground swingset for the little ones (surprisingly no holes that I've seen yet)
New shooting tables are up
Couple picnic bench/tables are up
Shooting lane now has a dedicated table to use along with a 22lr pistol metal target
Looks to me like he put some new gravel down once you get past the second gate, all the way down to the main spots

jbntx - you may want to give him a call, I got my renewal last month and already got my key for next year in the mail

Thanks, for some reason he forgot to send me a renewal last year as well. I ended up calling mid Decemeber for my renewal agreement since I had not received it. Maybe because I am in Austin, I am out of sight out of mind.....

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:12:16 AM EST
Sorry inbox is cleared out now. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks. Wahnsinn covered it above.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:18:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By txinvestigator:

Private suites? How does one get to shoot in the private suites?

Just ask.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:51:21 AM EST
What town is Mickey's near? Caddo Mills?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:07:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/23/2012 12:08:06 PM EST by Wahnsinn]
Mickey's shop (Ammo Depot) is in Caddo Mills.

Mickey's lease/range is in south Dallas (essentially Wilmer), exit 270 on I45 south.

Let me know if you'd like to check it out sometime, I'm typically there every other weekend at least.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:39:07 PM EST
Originally Posted By B2K_Ranch:
Magnum north of Denton. That dude will let you do whatever if you ask him in advance.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Guess it depends on who you talk to at that joint. Went twice and both experiences blew. Machine gun treated like the devil and then crappy range safety.
Top Top