Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 8:09:53 AM EST
Currently, there is no importer for Docter Optics in the US. I read on another forum however, that they are available in Canada. That sounds like a good enough reason to take a road trip.

Are there any gunstores or other shops in Windsor that might carry these? Anyone have a phone number?

I've never been to Canada before. Is a passport recommended, or is a driver's license sufficient for a day trip? Are there any issues with importing stuff like gun sights for personal use?

I know the guns have to stay home, but do they have any issues with pocket knives?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:19:45 AM EST
You are supposed to have 2 pieces.
Your drivers lic doesnt prove you are a citizen of the US
Bring along your passport or birth cert.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:38:07 AM EST
DO NOT bring a knife, gun or anything else that they might consider a weapon, into Canada.
This will include crow bars, baseball bats, pipes, pepper spray, empty brass from a previous range trip, ect.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:39:47 AM EST
You can't even carry a pocket knife in Canada?

WOW is that place messed up!!!!!

I have always had mine on me when going to Canada, I am lucky I have never been searched or anything!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:08:51 PM EST
I have carried a knife in the past into Canada as well without even giving it a second thought, but they have gotten very sticky about weapons in the past year or so.
Even an empty cartridge can bring you hours of fun while you are detained.
It's best to give your vehicle a thorough going over before you get to the border.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:33:09 PM EST

General Gun & Supply
230 Eugenie W
Windsor, ON N8X 2X6
Voice (519) 250-8048

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:02:17 AM EST
To cross the border currently, you need proof of citizenship (not residency). This is covered by any one of three documents.

1. Passport (which will be the required document after the end of 2006).
2. Birth certificate.
3. Voters registration card.

Like I mentioned, after Dec. 31 '06, a passport will be the required document. If you already have one (I don't), might as well take it. If you don't, it's time to get one (note to self....).
Top Top