Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2017 9:36:07 PM EDT
I have like 9K in guns and ammo and my gf and I are looking into renters insurance. Gieco only covers up to $2000 for firearms. Does anyone have recommendations for a company that will cover that much in firearms for theft, loss, etc.  THanks!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]
"Typically" most HO/Renters type policies will come with a basic amount of coverage often as a per item/aggregate loss set of limits something like $1500 per item/$2500 per 1 loss and often there is an Option to increase it beyond that such as $2500 per item/ $5000 per loss, but I doubt you'll find a standard renters policy with $9000 Firearm coverage even as an option.  Also have to look at what the coverage actually covers/limits i.e. firearms only or does the limit also apply to accessories/ammo etc.

You may want to look at the NRA optional insurance or go with a "floater" like policy that will specifically list and cover each firearm.  The NRA insurance is blanket so no need to list individual items but it does come with several coverage restrictions i.e. theft from vehicle requires forced entry as an example.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Will look into NRA insurance, thx!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top