Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 11:53:31 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me if you need to have a FOID to shoot there?

There's a guy from work that wants me to take him shooting, and he lives in Westmont and wants to go someplace close.  He's really new to the whole idea, but showing a lot of intrest.

This is the second guy from the office that wants to try it out, if I try hard enough, I might be able to infect the whole office with BRD
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
yes   you need a FOID
they wont let your buddy shoot

happen to me and only 1 other person on the range
so we both left
wont go back there either !
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Close to where?

Usually ranges require one of shooters to have a FOID.

I have brought my buddy (who doesn't have an FOID) to indoor ranges with no problem.

Edited to add wow!  If they don't want our money then the hell with them.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Midwest Guns in Lyons isn't that far from Westmont.

An FOID holder may bring a guest on the range with them.  

The only hitch is that you must shoot "clean" ammo like WinClean that has a brass enclosed base.
Hollow points are OK because they have enclosed bases.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#4]
You could go to Rinks in Lockport.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I have brought several people to gunworld to shoot that didnt have a foid. It is very legal and gunworld is very cool about it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:01:02 AM EDT
[#6]
After 9/11 many of the ranges tightened up their requirements to shoot on their range.  

There was some confusion in the law as to who they could allow to shoot.

As far as I know it has been been clear that guests are OK with a FOID holder.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:15:04 AM EDT
[#7]
If you have an FOI you can bring a guest at GunWorld but since it's only a 25 yd range, it's  not the best for AR's. Take him to Buffalo Range for a better shooting experience. Take advantage of the good weather while you've got it. Buffalo does not require a FOI to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:32:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info guys.

I'd actually rather head out to Buffalo, I'd have a lot more fun, but he doesn't want to go that far.

He just wants to do a quick afternoon thing this time, but I have a feeling after he tries it, getting him out to Buffalo should be pretty easy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#9]
GW requires that only one in the group has a FOID.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top