Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2004 6:17:39 AM EST
Is it just me or do the vendors at the gun shows in Norhtern WI think their guns are made of gold? I went to the gun show in Eagle River this weekend and it looked like most of the guys had the same stuff they have every year. This gun show is sponsered by a group that runs shows all over the Central and Northern part of the state, Antigo, Shawano, Eagle River, and Green Bay. I was wondering how they can ask 275 dollars for a Schmidt-Rubin when you can get one on Auction Arms for less than 100. Hell even overpriced Gander Mountain in Wausau is selling one for about 150. All the rest of their C&R type military rifles were over priced. SKS were typically going for 300 bucks. Does anybody have any info on any other groups that run shows? I am looking for some that a guy can go to and not feel like he is getting raped when he wants to buy something. Also have any of the dealers gotten mad when you tried to haggle with them? I've even had them not give me any kind of answer to start haggling with and they acted like they were insulted. I'm not looking to get things for less than what they paid but I don't want them to buy their first yacht from what I buy. Is the gun show they hold at State Park fairgrounds a good one? It is a five hour trip for me and I don't want to waste my time driving down there for the same stuff.

Thanks. Feel better now that I got that off my chest
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:25:59 AM EST
Having spen my formative shooting years in WI, but having since lived in ND and TX I can only offer this:

Cheeseheads are fucked in the head when it comes to guns.

Stupid laws
Stupid attituteds towards "non-sporting arms"
Stupid deer rifle everyone has: A Remington semi-auto .30-'06 with a cheap 3x9 scope and see thru rings
Stupid ANTI-GUN Governor
Stupid DNR regs that say you can't have a loaded or UNCASED gun in your car.
Stoopid 2 day wait on a handgun, but a 12 ga Auto is cash and carry.

Thank GOD I was born in NYC, and GOD BLESS TEXAS!!

Summation: Wisconsin, it's a great place to be FROM
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:48:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 6:51:29 AM EST by inferno715]
Stupid laws

no CCW and the handgun wait are the only stupid laws we have. could be worse. of course i can't get a NFA sign off in douglas county either. damn commies!

----------------------------------------------------------
as for shows, i saw a preban ar15 last year for $750 and everyone was walking right past it. most of the shows i go to are in MN and they aren't much better than the few i've been to in WI. at least there's NFA stuff to drool over at the WI shows.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:05:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 8:07:03 AM EST by nationwide]
Yeah, could be worse but there is still more than the no ccw and handgun "cooling off" period.

The prohibitions on having an uncased firearm or a loaded long gun in a vehicle, is, well to be polite...

"Progressive" which is what those asshates in Dane County want, so let them have it.

When I filed my last tax return in WI after I moved to TX, I had to fill out a form declaring my reasons for moving from WI. Can you believe that shit??? I had to explain myself to Madison why I chose of my own free will to leave that utopian paradise!!!

My answer (Swear to God, this is what I put!!): Texas does not have an income tax scheme.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:11:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 8:14:52 AM EST by Rob940]

Originally Posted By nationwide:
When I filed my last tax return in WI after I moved to TX, I had to fill out a form declaring my reasons for moving from WI. Can you believe that shit??? I had to explain myself to Madison why I chose of my own free will to leave that utopian paradise!!!

Did ya tell them none of their damn business?

I didnt have to do that when I moved from WI to Cali in 87 and back to Australia in 88.

And much like you Nationwide, I'm glad I'm not a WI native.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:57:27 PM EST
you should have wrote "to follow the yeti migration" or something.
Top Top