Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/14/2003 5:04:36 PM EDT
Link from GD

Gary, what day do you plan on going? Gotta work all day Sat., so I can't go till Sunday.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:30:38 AM EDT
Will M&A be there with AR-15 parts? Otherwise I'll wait till the Belleville show which seems to elude my schedule. Does anyone know when it will be? With my luck I'll be China again.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:32:13 PM EDT
Shaky,
I was planning on saturday but might be able to delay it til sunday if you want to meet up. Are you going just for the heck of it or are you planning on looking for something in particular?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:36:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/15/2003 9:37:42 PM EDT by Cutter75]
Shaky,
I will meet you for a Sunday go to the show...
I need to buy a extractor for my CZ75...
Hope I can find a vendor with "parts"...

Let me know what time and where to meet???
It might be easier if I just drive to your place and we ride together, since you know St. Louis much better than I do...

You have my phone number so call me...
GaryM, we can all go together... it will be fun...

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:48:07 PM EDT
Show in KC this weekend also
www.rkshows.com/kcity.html
It's the one in the old Wards at the Blue Ridge Mall.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:33:34 AM EDT
M&A was in Bellville in June 28th and 29th I think. I bought a kit from them. Very satisfied. I hope they are at this show.

I don't think there is another show in Bellville until late in the year, from what I rember it was September.

I'll get the "shakes" if I wait that long to go to another gun show.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:26:46 PM EDT
Shaky and Cutter, sunday sounds good here. Where and when would you want to meet?
BTW, you don't have to go through ST. Louis to get there but if you do a local to keep you from getting lost downtown at the bridges would be a good idea.
One more thing, if we do meet up somewhere other than the show someone else will have to drive. None of my cars can comfortably hold three people. (Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Dakota standard cab, Pontiac Firebird)
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:59:19 PM EDT
Hey Bano, do you have a street address for that one?

The link only says at junction of 70 and 40...

I'm a lowly Topekan, and don't know my way around KC that well...

Thnx
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:04:43 PM EDT
Nope you can probly find it on the net somewhere tho.
simple directions, just take 70 EAST towards stlouis/columbia, like your going to Arrowhead or Kaufman, 40hwy should be shortly after you pass Stadium Drive.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:34:13 PM EDT
ya, I figured if I just follow 70 I'd find it eventually, just dont like NOT knowing exactly where I'm going beforehand. Taken too many wrong turns in KC...

Randmcnalley.com has 40 jumping all over the place, depending on where you are zoomed in at, heh... Almost looks like 40 and 70 merge together, not intersect. Couldn't find stadium drive on their page either...doh!

Is it way on the east side? Cause I found one 40 waaaaaay over there (independence) that looks like it might intersect... Man, KC confuses me.

Anyhow, I'm sure it will be fairly easy to find by looking for stadium drive, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:53:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/16/2003 3:07:00 PM EDT by Mythe]
The KC gunshow is located at Blue Ridge Mall which sits right next to I70. You can take the Sterling St exit or the next exit after Sterling St to access the mall. Sterling St exit is the next exit after the stadiums on Eastbound I70.

IM if you need anymore info.

Mythe
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:39:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/16/2003 6:40:24 PM EDT by steenkybastage]
Cool, thanks Mythe.

I guess I was just overly confused by randmcnalley's map. It shows about a dozen places as being 40 along 70 (I assume they must merge at some point, then split up?).

I'm a west-sider... usually just overland park and olathe visitor, heh.

I'm gonna try and off my original AR there this weekend [>Q] to pay for the new M4/SIR spending spree I just went on (doh!).

Hopefully the KC gunshows are better than the local (Topeka) ones...

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:58:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mythe:
The KC gunshow is located at Blue Ridge Mall which sits right next to I70. You can take the Sterling St exit or the next exit after Sterling St to access the mall. Sterling St exit is the next exit after the stadiums on Eastbound I70.

IM if you need anymore info.

Mythe

The Sterling exit is exit # 10 heading eastbound...
The Blue Ridge Mall is straight in front of you at the end of the exit ramp...
on the south side of I-70...

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:20:09 PM EDT
Gary and Cutter,

I should be a go no matter what. Only thing is I have to work job number 2 at five o'clock, but I'm working on getting someone to cover for me. I'll know tomorrow night. If I do have to work, I'd like to get there as early as possible. Mapquest says its only 1 hour 18 minutes from my house, so I should be able to still get a good afternoon in either way. I'll let you guys now ASAP.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:15:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ShakyJake:
Gary and Cutter,

I should be a go no matter what. Only thing is I have to work job number 2 at five o'clock, but I'm working on getting someone to cover for me. I'll know tomorrow night. If I do have to work, I'd like to get there as early as possible. Mapquest says its only 1 hour 18 minutes from my house, so I should be able to still get a good afternoon in either way. I'll let you guys now ASAP.

I might end up there myself. I'll look for you guys. Sunday, right?

Eric
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:40:52 PM EDT
Sunday it is. Too bad we don't have any MODCC t-shirts or something to help spot each other.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:13:15 PM EDT
I'll be in my ash grey/blue print ARFCOM shirt. What time does it offically start and end? Lunch before or dinner afterward maybe? (Hint Hint I've never been to Hooters)
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:45:54 AM EDT
All righty then. I'm clear all day Sunday. Cutter will be at my house at about 9am, so we'll be at the show around 10:30. See you guys there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:26:22 AM EDT
10:30 eh? I will try to be there by then but I am not real good friends with clocks if you know what I mean.
I don't have an ARFCOM shirt but I will be wearing my traditional funshow camo boonie hat and will have my GF with me.
Of course that means no hooters for me but I sure you guys can handle that on your own.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:16:33 AM EDT

I have to work tonight and tomorrow night. If I can get myself up and out of bed early enough, I will see you. But I will have to bug-out by 1:30.

Eric
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 12:56:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By holeshot4:

I have to work tonight and tomorrow night. If I can get myself up and out of bed early enough, I will see you. But I will have to bug-out by 1:30.

Eric

Me too...
I'm working nights next week, so Sunday night is my Monday...

Why do you think I want to get going so early???

I'll be wearing NRA baseball cap, and will be standing next to a guy in a gray AR15.com t-shirt... {grin}
GaryM will most likely be near in a boonie hat...

I've got a friend from Utah who might meet up with us,also...

Thr registration/ticket booth will be a good "Trefpunt"...
"Meeting Place"(for those that don't speak German)

Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:35:30 PM EDT
I went to Collinsville today. Not much ar stuff. I did see the Stinger lowers on one table and I picked up some Federal 5.56 for 3.25 a box. I bought all he had though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:50:11 PM EDT
Well, I made it to the KC show today (thanks for the info guys).

After I got back, I realized that I actually met up with the CMMG crew (checked the business card they left in my box). They informed me that the upper I had on the AR I was looking to trade in had an a2 flashhider, not a brake (like I was told when it was sold to me), and was in fact illegal.

Funny... the few LEO friends of mine who shot it with me (and the one who was with me when I bought it) had no clue... apparently for the past couple years I was in posession of an illegal assault weapon, haha.

Anyhow, traded out the upper and lower on a FN Tactical shotgun... man, the CMMG guys drive a hard bargain. But, once I knew the gun wasn't configured right, I wanted to get rid of it, and that was the only weapon I was interested in at the show. Sold the upper and lower separate at a substantial loss to what I paid for it... but I'm now back to being legal again. That's more important to me than the $$ I lost out on.

I was pretty surprised. I thought the KC gunshow would be huge compared to the Topeka gunshows, but it was about the sames, if not smaller than some of the Topeka ones. Just glad I found SOMETHING to swap for the AR.

Gonna give the dealer who sold me that AR a ring and give him a piece of my mind next week. I don't think I'm THAT ticked off that I'd call the BATFE on him (especially since I saw that computerguy didn't get anywhere trying to report illegal seller to BATFE). But I might just make him sweat and THINK I called the ATF on him.... ahhh, I'm feeling evil tonight.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:24:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2003 6:16:24 PM EDT by GaryM]
The GF and I made it to the Collinsville show today. Met up with ShakyJake and Cutter, it was nice seeing them again and hope to see them and everyone else at Rocky Forks in a couple weeks.
I did pick up a .223 Saiga and am already modify a 30rd AK74 modifying to fit (I know, it will still function in the AK74 so it is legal). I will be bringing it to the shoot so anyone wants to try it out they are welcome to.
Also picked up a match sight for my AR, now I will be ready for some real precision shooting.
Hope to see y'all at the meeting.
GaryM
Edditted to add;
Heres the link I promised you for cheap reloading supplies,
http://www.hi-techammo.com/
He is in manchester, plenty close enough to drive to.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:29:58 PM EDT

I'm glad I ran into you guys. I was afraid I might miss you. I wouldn't mind trying out your new "toy" the next time we all get together.
Sorry I couldn't stick with you guys but the kids were on a mission. My daughter got about a four foot long sword and my son got some kind of weird knives. Oh yeah, and I got eight mags. So I'm happy.

Eric
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:12:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2003 10:14:04 PM EDT by Cutter75]
Yeah, great to see ya'll...

Of course 3 minutes into the gun show I grab a Harris Bipod that I was looking for, and opened one leg...
SPRING... SNAP... O00WWWW...

Pinched my index finger between the leg and the leg stop...
drip, drip, drip...

Hey, somebody's got to draw first blood...
[ShakyJake]"What a cluts..."[/ShakyJake]

Ended up buying the last swivel Bi-pod they had in the 9-13 inch range.
Mounted to AR when I got home. Much easier to operate, and less likely to kill myself once it was on the barrel...

Next upgrade will be optics...