1877 Shriners Way
Cheswick, PA 15024

Minutes from exit 48 of PA Tpk.

300 Tables

Here is the website for the promoter:
Appalachian Promotions
Link Posted: 2/1/2007 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I already posted this in the thread about the bladerunners show.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=14&t=255813

I will attend this show since I will never go back to the Bladerunners show.
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for the repeat.
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing to be sorry for since it was in a thread about the Bladrunners show. I would love to see a large turn out at the new show instead of the what we have been getting used to at the old show. The more buzz the better. It would be nice to see a bunch of new dealers and buyers. Instead of the ones we are used to who are asking a arm and a leg for everything they have.
Link Posted: 2/7/2007 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
does anybody know how to get there?  i know it's off rt28, do you get off the harmarville exit, of the springdale exit, and then drive on freeport road?  don't want to waste time driving around trying to find the place when i could be creaming my panties while  fondling guns
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
i'll be there. some good directions would be great. went to the washington county fair grounds gun show. it was small but nice. did'nt hear one good thing about the bladerunners show.
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
gots some directions.  

get off harmarville exit
turn left onto freeport road (go like you are heading to bladerunners)
yell out a big fuck you to bladerunners
once past the on ramp to the turnpike, you will come  to a traffic light (bait shop on the left)
turn left at intersection
go up the hill will see signs for the syria
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is a link to the Mapquest map of the address:

Map
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#8]

By the way, time is 9-5 Saturday and 9-3 Sunday.
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#9]

yell out a big fuck you to bladerunners

+1
Link Posted: 2/11/2007 4:35:20 AM EDT
[#10]
If I wasn't driving, I'd moon 'em.
Link Posted: 2/14/2007 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Might have to check this out with my brother in law.
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#12]
is it the weekend yet?  all the snow and ice made me want to kill something. i mean to buy a gun so i can hug it and squeeze it and call it george
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone go today?
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#14]
We went out about 8:45 and although it didn't start till 9am they were letting people in anyway. Nice show I liked it. You had more room to walk than in an ice rink. All I got was some connon fuse.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#15]
What was the admission price?
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#16]
$5 to get in.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Since my discretionary fund has taken a recent hit, I won't be attending this first Shriner's show.

How was the diversity of vendors? Were the Nazi bauble sellers in force? Were pre-lock S&W revolvers still going through the roof?
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Well this show to me was a bust. It was the typical over the top prices on just about everything and very little selection. Only 1 real person doing bulk ammo and his price was way high if you ask me. Almost $200 for 1,000 rounds. I have been to 3 shows this year in this area and this appears to be the norm now for these shows. A few years ago there was a ton of selection and prices worth paying. I may stop attending gun shows all together. I now I would not be the first person around here to do so.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Well this show to me was a bust. It was the typical over the top prices on just about everything and very little selection. Only 1 real person doing bulk ammo and his price was way high if you ask me. Almost $200 for 1,000 rounds. I have been to 3 shows this year in this area and this appears to be the norm now for these shows. A few years ago there was a ton of selection and prices worth paying. I may stop attending gun shows all together. I now I would not be the first person around here to do so.

+1

I was pretty disappointed with the selection. If I wouldn't have had my girlfriend trailing along, I would have been out of there within about 10-15 minutes. Wish I could get my admission fee back.
I did end up buying a leather pocket holster for 5 bucks though, so at least I got something about of it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Not bad.  Not the usual fat smelling guys around.  I picked up 2 1911 mags for $16.  Still the in the wraper, black finish.  They good just need to oil them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#21]
i liked it, eventhough there were no dealers that had ammo cans or m1 garand parts.  a lot of ar's, i allmost came home with dmps's 308 ar.  i didn't fell like pissing off the wife.  holly galco holsters
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I was there Sunday and thought it was OK.  Nice selection of AR's and AR parts.  

I got a laser for my Keltec from Marty and Gloria (the Galco people) and a roll pin to replace one I smashed while putting a Badger release on a charging handle.

For the first show at this location, I thought it was a good effort and I will be at the April show.  

By the way, they told me that they plan to be processing Florida carry permit applications at the next show (fingerprints, notary, etc), which will be kinda neat.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone have a contact number for the couple that was selling the Galco holsters? i was reading the above post and realized that i need to get a Fla. permit so i can ccw my pistol in Az  for an Executive Protection course i am taking in April. If i can get the info now i may be able to get my permit before i go.........
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#24]
FireTruck,

That's Marty and Gloria, their website is   www.holster-connection.com

I think you'll find the info you need on www.packing.org

har4
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a contact number for the couple that was selling the Galco holsters? i was reading the above post and realized that i need to get a Fla. permit so i can ccw my pistol in Az  for an Executive Protection course i am taking in April. If i can get the info now i may be able to get my permit before i go.........

just go here and hit the scroll button in the pamphlet section and pick Concealed Weapon or Firearm Permit

fill out your info, you should get a envelope in about a week. fill out the form,  get finger printed and get a copy of your accepted training requirement and mail it back.  Make sure you don not bend or crease the finger print card or it will be rejected.  When you mail it back put a piece of cardboard in the envelope so it doesn't get bent

FL permit office
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:06:36 AM EDT
[#26]
i wound up contacting the FLA. office anyways after i wrote this post and requested a set for me and my wife.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
i wound up contacting the FLA. office anyways after i wrote this post and requested a set for me and my wife.

just make sure you take my advice and do not get the finger print card bent, iut really will be rejected if it gets bent or creases in certain areas.  Use cardboard in the envelope when sending back.  Also if you have a small mail box and you mail man would normally fold the envelope to fit it in make sure you tell him that when he sees a large envelope to not fold it.

also you should have your permit in 50-60 days after they receive it.

good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top