Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 6:57:24 PM EDT
Ive bought things at gun shows, how does it work if I want to sell something?  Can I just pack a rifle around on my shoulder, do I need to check in...Background check for the buyer?  Fill me in.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
When you arrive they will check the gun in. They only make sure it it tie open. Once inside you are free to move around with your rifle however when you find a buyer unless they are a dealer you will have to go through a dealer to transfer it. Now, if you were to sell to a private party say thru the boards here there is no check or paperwork required.

Hope that helps,
CH
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Or at the Burger King down the st.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ive bought things at gun shows, how does it work if I want to sell something?  Can I just pack a rifle around on my shoulder, do I need to check in...Background check for the buyer?  Fill me in.

I think CH hit the nail on the head.  List it for sale in the EE, it will be easier and you can meet for
a face to face transaction locally or ship to someone's FFL.

If you decided to sell at a show, keep everything legit and follow the rules.  If you sell a firearm at
a gun show(including the parking lot), according to the law,  you have to do a transfer.  

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:52:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Try the EE 1st, mark it as "local, my area , face to face only".....it works! That, and you get to meet some of the crazy bastards that lurk around here...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
THANK YOU, THANKYOUVERYMUCH//EVIS MODE OFF//  I REPRESENT THAT REMARK!!!!
HA!!!
--CARLOS
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Try the EE 1st, mark it as "local, my area , face to face only".....it works! That, and you get to meet some of the crazy bastards that lurk around here...

No kidding, I've gone thru the EE, and seen all sorts of Oregon folks that have never set foot in the HTF.  What's up with that?  They antisocial or somthing?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding, I've gone thru the EE, and seen all sorts of Oregon folks that have never set foot in the HTF.  What's up with that?  They antisocial or somthing?

YES WE ARE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top