Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2003 6:09:01 AM EDT
Nother show, this one by Great Southern Shows.
THey allow more knives and junk, less strict than the AGCA.
Any one going?
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw the signs for it, I'll probly go and check it out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
i'll be there!

mike
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#3]
it'd be really cool if we had a lot of people show up at the gun show. and then maybe we could all get together and have dinner or something. What do you all say?

Mona
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Im gonna be working as a cart boy, so mabye Ill see yall there
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there Sunday.

Balming
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going. I also second the idea of getting together. IM me and we can figure something out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]
What city?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Birmingham
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think I'm going to make this one.  I found several good things at the last one, though.

I do plan to have a table at the Montgomery Civic Center (CASCI) show in June (14th & 15th).  Any of you guys ever make it down this way?  Sorry - hijack attempt aborted as an afterthought.  I'll post a new topic thread closer to the Montgomery Show.  My apologies for my thoughtlessness...

Have fun in B'ham!  Wish I could be there!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I will be there trying to locate a few parts. I get there on Saturday morn early and stand in line. I would like to say hello to some of the folks here if we can get together. EAT!, Did someone say EAT? Man, I am from the South and we love to eat!

Tony G
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Okay, on the way in this morning my wife (we commute together) said something about visiting her parents in B'ham next weekend - I remembered this thread and just grinned!

Looks like I WILL be at the show, at least on Saturday.  I'll be wearing a grey ARFCOM t-shirt (the new ones KevinM4 just had made up, with the crossed CARs), so if any of you guys see me please stop me and introduce yourselves!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I just realized that City Stages is this weekend as well.  Does anyone know if that will pose problems for getting to & from the show?  I haven't lived in B'ham in almost 10 years and I've never been to City Stages, so I'm a little sketchy on where it is set up, which roads are closed, etc.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:59:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Come in from 20/59 and you should be fine
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#14]
The only thing that city stages affect will be parking. I'll be there Sunday

Trogdor...the burninator
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#15]
On the way out the door to hit I-65N toward B'ham.  Hope to meet some of you guys tomorrow morning!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:33:36 AM EDT
[#16]
ADVANCED RECON COMPLETE

Saw a bunch of ar's, one dealer only in US mil gun parts, bout four ammo dealers.

One guy had a bunch of class three stuff, mainly suppressors but also a FA FN-FAL.

Not as big as the AGCA shows, only half the size

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Except for AR's, not much there.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Show was fair, not very big at all. Prices way too high! I can buy from SGN, pay shipping and still get it for 40% less. I did locate a very rare communist subgun parts set that I will build into a post sample gun. I also got myself another PPSH parts set, without receiver sections, that I think I will make into a post sample gun too. They even had beef jerky and jewelry! I showed my newest creation of the 10/22 suppressed rifle around and got a few customers, good day in all I guess.

Tony G
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Show was fair, not very big at all. Prices way too high!...
Tony G

I'm assuming you meant NEW stuff.  I went first thing Saturday morning and found a couple of sweetheart deals on used Winchesters - picked up a decent 190 with mounts and scope for $130 and an excellent pre-rebounding-safety 94AE with see-through mounts and scope for $240.  I also picked up some decent USGI mags, but I had to dig through a bunch of less-decent ones to find the ones I bought.  The guy ended up selling me the 4 best USGI 30-rounders I could find PLUS a new-looking OLY-converted Sten for my 9mm AR, all for $100 even - I was happy with the deal...

BTW, noboby asked me or said anything about my ARFCOM t-shirt - I had hoped to meet some fellow board members.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, sorry I wasnt there on Saturday.
Had a HS Senior get together at my church.
Mabyewe can get together at the AGCA show in July
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Nick, was that you I saw in the shirt? Are you a big boy? Guy I saw was a pretty big fella, almost as big as me. You were on one side of a row and I was on the other, lost sight of you while I was showing my new creation to a possible customer. I had on a subguns.com hat with "mguntony" on it.

I always look for military weapons and parts and am very partial to class 3 things. Lots of class three stuff and I am happy. I almost have the Chinese sub gun up and running, should be ready this weekend.

Tony G
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Nick, was that you I saw in the shirt? Are you a big boy? Guy I saw was a pretty big fella, almost as big as me. You were on one side of a row and I was on the other, lost sight of you while I was showing my new creation to a possible customer. I had on a subguns.com hat with "mguntony" on it.

I always look for military weapons and parts and am very partial to class 3 things. Lots of class three stuff and I am happy. I almost have the Chinese sub gun up and running, should be ready this weekend.

Tony G

No, couldn't have been me, I'm not all THAT big... just 6'3", 300# !!!  Yes, that was me with the grey ARFCOM shirt - sorry we missed each other.  I'll catch you at the next one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top