Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/29/2003 6:09:01 AM EDT
Nother show, this one by Great Southern Shows.
THey allow more knives and junk, less strict than the AGCA.
Any one going?
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 9:19:48 AM EDT
I saw the signs for it, I'll probly go and check it out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 8:13:12 PM EDT
i'll be there!

mike
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:29:17 PM EDT
it'd be really cool if we had a lot of people show up at the gun show. and then maybe we could all get together and have dinner or something. What do you all say?

Mona
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:03:43 PM EDT
Im gonna be working as a cart boy, so mabye Ill see yall there
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:07:41 PM EDT
I'll be there Sunday.

Balming
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:51:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/6/2003 6:53:33 PM EDT by para-bush15]
I'm going. I also second the idea of getting together. IM me and we can figure something out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:18:01 PM EDT
What city?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:14:05 PM EDT
Birmingham
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:54:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/8/2003 12:15:42 PM EDT by NickFury]
I don't think I'm going to make this one. I found several good things at the last one, though.

I do plan to have a table at the Montgomery Civic Center (CASCI) show in June (14th & 15th). Any of you guys ever make it down this way? Sorry - hijack attempt aborted as an afterthought. I'll post a new topic thread closer to the Montgomery Show. My apologies for my thoughtlessness...

Have fun in B'ham! Wish I could be there!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:00:50 PM EDT
I will be there trying to locate a few parts. I get there on Saturday morn early and stand in line. I would like to say hello to some of the folks here if we can get together. EAT!, Did someone say EAT? Man, I am from the South and we love to eat!

Tony G
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:21:08 AM EDT
Okay, on the way in this morning my wife (we commute together) said something about visiting her parents in B'ham next weekend - I remembered this thread and just grinned!

Looks like I WILL be at the show, at least on Saturday. I'll be wearing a grey ARFCOM t-shirt (the new ones KevinM4 just had made up, with the crossed CARs), so if any of you guys see me please stop me and introduce yourselves!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:12:14 AM EDT
I just realized that City Stages is this weekend as well. Does anyone know if that will pose problems for getting to & from the show? I haven't lived in B'ham in almost 10 years and I've never been to City Stages, so I'm a little sketchy on where it is set up, which roads are closed, etc.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:59:35 AM EDT
Come in from 20/59 and you should be fine
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:43:51 AM EDT
The only thing that city stages affect will be parking. I'll be there Sunday

Trogdor...the burninator
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:20:18 PM EDT
On the way out the door to hit I-65N toward B'ham. Hope to meet some of you guys tomorrow morning!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:33:36 AM EDT
ADVANCED RECON COMPLETE

Saw a bunch of ar's, one dealer only in US mil gun parts, bout four ammo dealers.

One guy had a bunch of class three stuff, mainly suppressors but also a FA FN-FAL.

Not as big as the AGCA shows, only half the size

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:39:23 AM EDT
Except for AR's, not much there.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:49:51 PM EDT
Show was fair, not very big at all. Prices way too high! I can buy from SGN, pay shipping and still get it for 40% less. I did locate a very rare communist subgun parts set that I will build into a post sample gun. I also got myself another PPSH parts set, without receiver sections, that I think I will make into a post sample gun too. They even had beef jerky and jewelry! I showed my newest creation of the 10/22 suppressed rifle around and got a few customers, good day in all I guess.

Tony G
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:10:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2003 7:13:27 AM EDT by NickFury]

Originally Posted By mguntony:
Show was fair, not very big at all. Prices way too high!...
Tony G

I'm assuming you meant NEW stuff. I went first thing Saturday morning and found a couple of sweetheart deals on used Winchesters - picked up a decent 190 with mounts and scope for $130 and an excellent pre-rebounding-safety 94AE with see-through mounts and scope for $240. I also picked up some decent USGI mags, but I had to dig through a bunch of less-decent ones to find the ones I bought. The guy ended up selling me the 4 best USGI 30-rounders I could find PLUS a new-looking OLY-converted Sten for my 9mm AR, all for $100 even - I was happy with the deal...

BTW, noboby asked me or said anything about my ARFCOM t-shirt - I had hoped to meet some fellow board members.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:09:41 AM EDT
Yeah, sorry I wasnt there on Saturday.
Had a HS Senior get together at my church.
Mabyewe can get together at the AGCA show in July
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:57:08 PM EDT
Nick, was that you I saw in the shirt? Are you a big boy? Guy I saw was a pretty big fella, almost as big as me. You were on one side of a row and I was on the other, lost sight of you while I was showing my new creation to a possible customer. I had on a subguns.com hat with "mguntony" on it.

I always look for military weapons and parts and am very partial to class 3 things. Lots of class three stuff and I am happy. I almost have the Chinese sub gun up and running, should be ready this weekend.

Tony G
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:42:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mguntony:
Nick, was that you I saw in the shirt? Are you a big boy? Guy I saw was a pretty big fella, almost as big as me. You were on one side of a row and I was on the other, lost sight of you while I was showing my new creation to a possible customer. I had on a subguns.com hat with "mguntony" on it.

I always look for military weapons and parts and am very partial to class 3 things. Lots of class three stuff and I am happy. I almost have the Chinese sub gun up and running, should be ready this weekend.

Tony G

No, couldn't have been me, I'm not all THAT big... just 6'3", 300# !!! Yes, that was me with the grey ARFCOM shirt - sorry we missed each other. I'll catch you at the next one.
Top Top