Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2005 3:04:07 PM EDT
We're thinking about moving to SC to escape the impending mega taxes and other liberal nonsense which has manifested itself here in Charlotte and Mecklenburg county.
We'd like to stay fairly close to Charlotte and yet reside far enough away so as to never be annexed by Meck Co. or the ever spreading tenticles of our varitable black hole of taxation.

I've read most of the laws and I think I understand most of it although I'm no attorney.
Can anyone give me an idea of the general sense of the law down there in regards to my AR and basically what I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:57:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gotyersix:
We're thinking about moving to SC to escape the impending mega taxes and other liberal nonsense which has manifested itself here in Charlotte and Mecklenburg county.
We'd like to stay fairly close to Charlotte and yet reside far enough away so as to never be annexed by Meck Co. or the ever spreading tenticles of our varitable black hole of taxation.

I've read most of the laws and I think I understand most of it although I'm no attorney.
Can anyone give me an idea of the general sense of the law down there in regards to my AR and basically what I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

This is a free state. CCW license takes about 90 days to come back after you apply. I shoot my hi-cap ARs and AKs at local ranges with no problems.

Gun friendly state here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:48:25 PM EDT
You cross that state line and no more pistol permit BS.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:17:34 AM EDT
That's what I wanted to hear!
Thanks guys and hopefully somewhere down the line, I'll see you at the range!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:58:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CRC:

CRC

+1
They even did away with the SLED registration when you buy a handgun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:18:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CRC:

CRC

Yep. The only permit is for CCW.

The number of guns you can buy is only limited by your finances (as long as you have the right answers on the 4473).
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:11:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2005 9:12:16 AM EDT by CRC]
I visted the Bass Pro Shops this summer in Myrtle Beach and I saw some crossbows, which reminds me.

You need a permit for a crossbow in NC but not in SC.

Another dumb weapons law in NC.

South Carolina also repealed it's ban on machineguns too.

SC is just more gun friendly, period but it's HOT.

I wish NC had SC weapon's laws.

CRC
Top Top