Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2011 2:33:10 PM EDT
ME!! Might not feel good enough to eat them, but by God I am dying to run this smoker!!!

In a huge pot right now boiling in beer. Almost ready for the smoker. Not enough energy to take pics, hell, it's all I've got just to do what I'm doing. But it feels good to cook right now! Real good.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
ME!! Might not feel good enough to eat them, but by God I am dying to run this smoker!!!

In a huge pot right now boiling in beer. Almost ready for the smoker. Not enough energy to take pics, hell, it's all I've got just to do what I'm doing. But it feels good to cook right now! Real good.

Excellent.
I check in here every now and then since I have family in WI and I remember seeing the thread about you being ill, glad you're getting better.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats. Glad you're feeling up to tinkering.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Who rules?

You rule.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I went outside about 5 times today. Couple of minutes each time. What an awesome day. Finally decided I had enough of the wife cooking for me, thought I would surprise her and cook something. She mentioned brats.

And I made about 9 or so. WOW they smelled so good, my doc is going to kill me. I had one. It tasted great, but I'll pay for it later. Wifey was happy!

It just felt good to be up and around, and outside for a little bit. Two neighbors stopped by when they smelled the smoke too.

Irv, if you stop by tomorrow, lunch is on me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]

If you're in to cookin' and not eatin' as a method of therapy and need some test subjects...

Glad to hear you're getting up and about a bit.  Keep it up.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice to have you back Unique1
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I went outside about 5 times today. Couple of minutes each time. What an awesome day. Finally decided I had enough of the wife cooking for me, thought I would surprise her and cook something. She mentioned brats.

And I made about 9 or so. WOW they smelled so good, my doc is going to kill me. I had one. It tasted great, but I'll pay for it later. Wifey was happy!

It just felt good to be up and around, and outside for a little bit. Two neighbors stopped by when they smelled the smoke too.

Irv, if you stop by tomorrow, lunch is on me.

Sounds good, call you when I get some free time. The wife gave me a honey-do list when she found out I have the day off.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm afraid to ask if the brats had natural casings ;-)
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:05:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Hmmm?  Smoked Brats, I have never done that one.

Unless it is an ancient family secret:

How long did you boil them in the beer?  
Beer used?
Type of wood used?
How long in the smoker?
Other details you can share?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad to see (read) that you are up and around, I hope things are healing faster than expected.

Smoked meat. Yum...
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the well wishing. None stopped over yesterday for lunch, had some smoked brats. He then decided to torture me for the afternoon. We went for a ride, went around campus, and the Capitol, then out to the mall for a walk. Now that might not sound like a lot to most of you guys out there, but that was a really big day to me. He left around 4 or so, and I crashed out minutes later. Woke around 6 then crashed again around 10.

Thanks for the workout None, greatly appreciated!

Oh, and the brats. Soak in beer (boiling) for about ten minutes. Then onto the smoker for 45 mins. HEAVY maple wood. Then back into beer for 30 mins. Perfect every time!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:05:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks!  I will follow to the letter.

(I question if the beer is really needed the second time but we all know we don't define most things by need.  )
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

(I question if the beer is really needed the second time but we all know we don't define most things by need.  )

I have always found that the second trip into the beer will rehydrate the brats after their time on either the grill (or in Unique1's case the smoker). It just makes the brats more tasty IMHO.

Hey pal I was glad for the company yesterday and you do need to get out more, even if it is just down the block and back. You were looking a mite bit peaked yesterday that is why I was asking you if you were ok so much.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have always found that the second trip into the beer will rehydrate the brats after their time on either the grill (or in Unique1's case the smoker). It just makes the brats more tasty IMHO.

Hey pal I was glad for the company yesterday and you do need to get out more, even if it is just down the block and back. You were looking a mite bit peaked yesterday that is why I was asking you if you were ok so much.
None is 100% right on the beer info..

I know you were watching out for me, pushing me a little. Which is what I need. Going to go out for a walk with the Mrs when she gets home tonight. Thanks again, I appreciate your help!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top