Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:23:58 PM EST
Hi guys, I'll be in the Flambeau State Forest area on Saturday. Is it worth it to get a grouse license for the weekend? Any birds to speak of in that area?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:02:16 AM EST
I would, but that's just me. Fall colors are at, or past, their peak right now in that area. Wind & rain are forecast for Thursday & Friday, and should knock most remaining leaves off of the trees by the weekend (except oaks, which are just starting to turn). That'll give you better shooting visibility. There's always been a lot of birds in the Park Falls area.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:14:45 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rfb45colt:
There's always been a lot of birds in the Park Falls area.
View Quote

I have seen and heard more birds in the last 48 hours then the previous 48 days. For the most part everyone is the same way, have seen 1 or 2 birds, maybe shot 1. Things started to pop on Saturday afternoon. I am going this afternoon, after work, that is if it is not too hot for the dogs. At least the leaves dropped like you said.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:19:29 PM EST
As of today, still a lot of bugs, gnats and flies. Maybe after tomorrow and temp drop bugs will be less for the weekend. If you have a Thermacell bring it just in case or at least some bug dope. I don't enjoy gnats in my eyes and up my nose and they have been thick this year where you are going.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:53:43 PM EST
Well I ended up with 2, saw maybe 10. Great day, really enjoyed the area. You guys have some really nice scenery and although it was a gloomy day, I had a blast. Thanks for the input!
Top Top