Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2003 6:56:26 AM EDT
Finally got settled in over in SW Asia.  Things are going well.  I get to drive 100 mph through the desert and blow things up.

Get this, the Dept of Army and corp of engineers dresses me up to look like a soldier sends me to the sand box but says civilians can't cary firearms!  What a F#^$ing joke.  The good news, I've already solved the problem....at my own expense of course. AK's and ammo are really cheap over here. Too bad there's no way to get this stuff home.

I'll you posted on the all the fun stuff.

philsar
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#1]
good luck, be safe.  

how is the smell?  i bet it's awful.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Good to hear from ya!  Keep safe over there.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck with your time over there.

They may be s***hole countries, but I guess being able to get your hands on full auto guns is a plus.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
where abouts do they have ya amigo?? i work outa camp doha...live in kuwait city, shaab area.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:08:57 AM EDT
[#5]
the smell isn't bad out here in the oil fields.  It's only around the cities and the Kuwait airport.

I'm living in Iraq near the Basrah Airport.  Travel all over the Rumalah Oil fields.  Been to Doha only once to pick up flack vest.  I'll prob get back there next week to get more shots and shop at PX.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#6]
hey phils....if youre ever gonna be at doha for any amount of time...gimme a hollar.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#7]
sounds good styk...maybe I'll smuggle in some beer for ya!

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
sounds good styk...maybe I'll smuggle in some beer for ya!

you are a God-sent!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top