Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 6:54:01 AM EDT
I work at a shop that is based in mentor ohio, but they have a sister shop in greenville and they are moving some people and machines to greenville.  I may have a chnace to re locate and wanted to know what the gun laws are like, as well as the cost of living.  What is the avrage cost of a single room apartment, a gallon of gas, ect. ect..  
thanks for any help
Icon
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I moved to Greenville from IL 8 years ago. Cost of living is very reasonable.
It's the south and gun laws are probably some of the best in the coutry for firearms owners.
Gallon of gas in some places is under $2 right now.
1 bedroom apt.???? Not sure and it really depends on where exactly you live. Where is your sister plant and I can give you a decent idea of the area. Greenville/Spartanburg is a pretty large area.
Job situation is pretty good down here. BMW of North America has a large plant, Michelin and mant other peripheral automotive companies have popped up. They are also building a windtunnel.

To sum everything up....no way in hell I'll ever move back north. Beautiful lakes, mountains, better climate & 3 hours from the ocean.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:32:56 AM EDT
[#2]
You can get a nice one bedroom apt for $600-700. Very gun friendly area like most of the south. Come on down.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:31:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I live about 30min. outside G'ville.  SC is a shall-issue CWP state and NFA friendly.  Gas in G'ville is around $2/gallon.  Housing, like all cities, depends on the area.  I have a 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment for $650/month in Central.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
  Like they said the gas is roughly $2.00 but you can find it for about $1.95 i think it was.  I have a 2 bedroom apartment and its $675 a month.  I am real close to intersection of haywood and pelham so i think its a pretty central location.  Its pretty easy to get places.  Woodruff rd is a pain at times but there is ushually always one busy road in places.  Bad thing is thats where allot of the stuff is.  Gun shops are pretty slim here and i ushually end up ordering ammo vs going to a shop.  The two i know of are about 30 or 45 min away.  For a range there is a free public in easley ( about 45 min away from me) and the greenville gun club, which is a member range that is allot closer.  Other than that i think there is an indoor range somewhere here but i dont go to thos so i couldnt tell you where.  I think its at a pawn shop.   I like it here.  There is a good bit to do with lakes mountains and the beach is somewhat close.  I like the outdoors (camping, hiking and shooting etc.) so i have a good time here.  As far as cars there are dealers for many different makes so thats nice and there are all mostly on one road so its easy to shop.  Hope that helps some, Major      
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been in Greenville for almost 17 years.  I currently live in Simpsonville.  This is one of the fastest-growing areas I can think of, and I can't think of any place else in SC I would rather be.  Further, with the laws the way they are, I will likely never leave SC.

As for ranges, I like to use a buddy's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top