Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2016 12:53:00 AM EDT
Stopped by Cabela's today in Richfield. In the Gun Vault is a very nice condition Ruger Super Blackhack, 7.5 inch, 44 mag, good bluing that I could see, overall looked like a great deal @ $379 plus 10% off all used handguns. Was looking for something for a friends wife who walks her dogs in bear country and happened upon this and would have loved to take it home with me. Why didn't I you may ask, why am I advertising instead of keeping my trap shut, or better yet why isn't in my safe now? I literally was the only person in the vault for 15 minutes, and in the vault for about 30 with one other customer, and not one employee ever asked me if I needed help. They were all to busy helping look for a box and the magazine for a Mossberg Plinker. No lie, the cheap AR look alike in .22 that is like $250 new, so I have no idea what they were asking for a used one (and why the hell was it in the Vault????????), but yeah, they (there was 2 employees in the Vault) were so absorbed they ignored me 100%. So, if any of you lucky gents or ladies lives around Richfield (I live in Ripon, otherwise I would be back first thing in the morning), know there's a great deal on a seemingly (I could only look at it under glass) good condition Ruger to be had.

Cabela's got a bit of a black eye in my book today. Although I did walk out with 4 boxes of .22 ammo, they have lifted their 2 box limit and have a good supply BTW.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#1]
For that price, it needs to be liberated from Cabela's ASAP.  

If I were not in the process of buying a car, I'd be waiting for the doors to open at Cabela's right now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#2]
They are so hit or miss on their staff in the gun library.  Sometimes they have more than they can use and sometimes no one there, and other times people there who just don't give a damn.  Or people who just don't have a clue.  One time I had a guy helping me who didn't know what SAO means.  

Still, of the local big box gun stores, better than Gander where they always have people, but they rape you with their prices.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't be afraid to ask the gun counter guys for help, or even the library staff!

No excuse for ignoring you if they have multiple people working on one thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top