Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2007 8:20:01 PM EDT
Turned out to be a great day for shooting. Sun was out and it was relatively warm with a little wind every now and then.

Was able to get out there with Mike (AK_Mike), Josh (Scout11) and various other people that work in my shop. It's definitely spring/summer here as the range was packed. Mike drew a crowd as usual with his awesome NFA weapons and Tannerite. We set up some 1/2 LB Tannerite charges and set off some car alarms in the parking lot. Also got the opportunity to shoot Mike's MP5-SD. WOW...that gun ROCKS! It was my first time shooting an HK weapon and I was impressed.

Mike: Thanks for affording me and my friends the opportunity to get in on some FA goodness. I sincerely appreciate it as do they.  

Well enough writing...here are the pictures:

Scout11 shooting Mike's MP5:

Me testing out my new SBR

Tannerite charge at about 50 yards.

Link Posted: 4/14/2007 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Great pics!  Wish I coulda made it
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Getting to go out and shoot/talk with Mike is one of the things I miss most about Fairbanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Getting to go out and shoot/talk with Mike is one of the things I miss most about Fairbanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool picks...  Boy, that range is a mess.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Cool picks...  Boy, that range is a mess.
~Dg84

Thats actually a clean area
It is really bad this year, fucking lazy asshats

Link Posted: 4/15/2007 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Turned out to be a great day for shooting. Sun was out and it was relatively warm with a little wind every now and then.

Was able to get out there with Mike (AK_Mike), Josh (Scout11) and various other people that work in my shop. It's definitely spring/summer here as the range was packed. Mike drew a crowd as usual with his awesome NFA weapons and Tannerite. We set up some 1/2 LB Tannerite charges and set off some car alarms in the parking lot. Also got the opportunity to shoot Mike's MP5-SD. WOW...that gun ROCKS! It was my first time shooting an HK weapon and I was impressed.

Mike: Thanks for affording me and my friends the opportunity to get in on some FA goodness. I sincerely appreciate it as do they.  

Well enough writing...here are the pictures:

A great time it was! Always great to go to the range with friends for a coordinated shoot. I actually had trouble falling asleep last night cause I was still jacked up about it.

Derek, this will probably be the last time I get to go to the range with you, and damn I'm gonna miss it. From the times with AR's and handguns only to the actual "Blast" we had with the AR-50 and the propane tank. Thanks for all the knowledge and advice you've given and yet to give.

Mike, I am greatly appreciative of your kindness to let me enjoy your MP5-SD, and Tannerite. That was some of the coolest stuff I have ever done, and I am greatly thankful that your afforded me that privilege. I look forward to talking to you again, as that was just as cool as sending rounds downrange. Thanks again Mike, can't wait to do it again.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I like a range with lots of shit on it.  Gives me stuff to shoot at... haha.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah but there is more shit off the range than on

Its just more 'ammo' for people who are anti gun.  They have a real problem with negative feelings from teh surronding community out at the range on CHSR

If people would just take 5 minutes to walk their trash to teh trash can, it wouldnt be a problem
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its just more 'ammo' for people who are anti gun.  They have a real problem with negative feelings from teh surronding community out at the range on CHSR

If people would just take 5 minutes to walk their trash to teh trash can, it wouldnt be a problem

If someone gives Alaska an enema it will wipe the North Star Borough off the map.....  That said, isn't it still break-up there and that is a whole winters worth of shit laying around?  I seem to recall the city would clean it up every now and then when I lived there.

If I may make one comment: the one shooter above is not wearing safety glasses and looks to have poorly fitted hearing protection. Safety first people, you are only issued one set of eyes and ears.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If someone gives Alaska an enema it will wipe the North Star Borough off the map.....  That said, isn't it still break-up there and that is a whole winters worth of shit laying around?  I seem to recall the city would clean it up every now and then when I lived there.

If I may make one comment: the one shooter above is not wearing safety glasses and looks to have poorly fitted hearing protection. Safety first people, you are only issued one set of eyes and ears.

Youre getting Tok and FNSB confused I think, but yes it was pbreak up (very very quick this year) and clean up day hasnt happened yet
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be me.

Left the glasses at work on accident...wasn't going to let that get in-between me and a good day of shooting. However, I know what your saying.

And I can assure you the hearing protection is inserted "perfect". The plugs that I use are over-sized.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top