Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 4:49:38 PM EDT
I helped a guy from Texas out and split the purchase of a box of cigars with him. Now he's IM'ing me, says we've created a long-lasting friendship, and wants my phone number so he can call me if he "gets a wild hair."

Do I tell him I am an unfriendly asshole who does NOT want people calling to chat?

Do I think of his feelings, he might just be a lonely old guy?

Do I give him 1GR's number and burn my reputation on another board?

In all honesty,  I'm too busy to have anyone who doesn't look good in a skirt calling me.

What would you do?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link him to this thread.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck him.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fuck him.

Naw man, I save that for true friends!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I had people calling me after a box of cigars....oh wait, I don't buy cigars.

So that's the trick, is it?

...And they have to be from Texas? Jeez, that's a long-distance wild hare...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
give him a number from the craigslist adult services, your choice if it's a girl or a guy's number
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
well you know what they say about WA and TX when they get together
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Ask him if he has a webcam.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#9]
(see below posts)
ETA: On second thought , I'm with Vini and HABU on this one. You never know these days........ building a relationship over some cigars!?! What the fuck!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#10]
cute
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Tell him to fuck off.

Your call my friend, if you think he's cool, sure, but...................it was just a box of cigars, ya know?  Honestly, to me it wouldn't seem like there's any need for some kind of "long-distance friendship" based on what you've described here.  

If you're like me, you're too busy to be just gabbing on the phone with someone that's 2,000 miles away just "because".  Family, sure, old friends, of course, but this...............................naw.

I would say tell him thanks but life is just too busy, but thanks for the friendship and everything.  

Don't be givin' out your number to folks you don't know.................'cause ya never know..............................
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#12]
He's gay for you. Proceed at your own risk.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He's gay for you. Proceed at your own risk.

Yep.  That's why I've got YOUR number!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#14]
You know come to think of it, I asked for your number a couple weeks ago and you never did send it.

Is this thread about me?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#15]
How do you know that he does'nt look good in a skirt?

Just askin.

T
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Did he help you figure out what the mystery pills were?  Did he say where you could get some more?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#17]
You just got touched by teh ghey.

It's like getting bit by zombies.

Once you get it, it's over.

You may as well go get drunk and pass out at 1GR's now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I've developed many friendships over cigars.  I got to be good friends with an ATF agent until I lost track of him 2 days after 9/11.   I've met people from all over the country, shared many fine cigars, and ate some damn good food with people I never met until then.  BTW, many of them were from TX (so am I).  We had gatherings of from 2 to a couple hundred people get together for a weekend somewhere and smoke cigars, drink beer, and eat BBQ.

An experience - I shared a room with a guy from Atlanta while in Miami visiting/touring Little Havana and some of the cigar factories and stores with about 20 guys (google LHCT).  I had to make a business trip to Atlanta a couple years later.  He emailed me and said he was going to be out of town but he gave me the number of a friend of his.  We met for dinner, ate a great steak, drank some good booze, and smoked some world class cigars.  Great way to pass an evening.

Your call.  I think it is odd though if he is asking for you phone number.  They had to be people I had met FTF a couple times before I would ever give them my number.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#20]
1 Where have the cigars been?

2 You were trolling on a ghey forum?

3 You weren't trolling?

This is the WAHTF not Dear Abby.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Tell him you now want to split the cost of a case of Astroglide. He'll either quit or spam the shit out of you.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You just got touched by teh ghey.

It's like getting bit by zombies.

Once you get it, it's over.

You may as well go get drunk and pass out AND THROW UP at 1GR's now.

Da troof

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top