Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2008 4:27:17 AM EDT

Great class everyone. If there is enough interest shown we will consider doing future classes. Post here if you would like us to put together another class.

CHL Class in Columbus area this weekend

Hey folks, I'm conducting a one day basic handgun and Ohio CHL course this Saturday, July 12. initially this class was to be kept small and was being done for the benefit of a few friends and associates.

Unexpectedly, I have the good luck to make use of a large classroom, For this reason I will be able to accommodate a few more folks.

The total cost is $65, This is a budget minded basic class which will meet or exceed Ohio's CCW training requirement. It will be a long day but shouldn't be too tedious. I'm basically doing this for cost and it's probably the only class I'll teach this summer.

If interested please email asap and I'll try to accommodate all mature professional people.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 5:18:44 AM EDT
[#1]
If I can talk a friend who lives in Cbus into coming with me I'll make the drive down from Akron.  I wasn't planning on getting my CCW until later, but the price is right and this is the only saturday I'm going to be free for awhile.

What are the times and requirments?
How much ammo to bring? How many mags?
I don't have any concealed holsters for my pistol yet. Can I just use an OWB holster?

ETA: By the way... in your sig the word should be "their" not "There"
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]
IM or better yet email me for details, you won't need to bring a firearm or ammo, we'll supply it. If you have a gun you'd like to shoot in particular please contact me to ask directly. No guns in holster, must be in a case and you need to talk to me prior to bringing a firearm.

All the details will be emailed or imed to folks who respond,

Yes, it's a fantastic deal, most classes start at $150 and go up from there.

This is not a tactical class, it's a basic firearm/CCW/self defense class.  Only requirements is you are a professional person who is prepared for few hours in class.

Have a great day and I hope you can make the class.

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice of you to offer this.

I'd take it if I weren't working Fri and Sat nights this week, since I used my DD 214 to get my CCW and wonder if that document will be accepted when it's time for renewal, since it will be 9 years old at the time.

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Tried emailing you. Didn't seem to work. Can you IM me with the time and other details ?
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
. . . wonder if that document will be accepted when it's time for renewal, since it will be 9 years old at the time.

No.

Does military training meet the requirements?
Yes. Your DD-214 (or equivalent) is valid for certification of meeting the training requirements for six years from date of discharge.

Ohioans For Concealed Carry FAQ
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#6]

What's your email address man? Not sure why it didn't work. I haven't been having any issues on my end that I am aware of.

Did you email thru the site? Try emailing me direct at [email protected]

Just give me your name and a contact number and I'll forward the details. I look forward to hearing from you Bro!  

Quoted:
Tried emailing you. Didn't seem to work. Can you IM me with the time and other details ?
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
HKUSP,  I just tried to email via arfcom and the page wouldn't load, it also says your inbox is full.  maybe the website is having an issue?
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to those who have resonded

HKUSP, your Dave, FnFal correct?

Class is getting full but can take a couple more
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Add 2 for sure, possibly 3, I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Class is just about full Guys, Thanks Pete and the couple other arfcommers signed up.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I think we had a very good class, Thanks to all who participated! Add 21 additional Law abiding Ohioans to the Armed sheep dog category
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Great Job !
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Great class
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks Darian! As my health is still poor is was a very long day for me and Bob but we got it done in good order.

We've received very possitive feedback and even had folks who had taken previous training say our was superior and more fun!

If anyone wants us to do more classes let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm interested in a future class.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I would be very interested in attending.
I was panning on the past time... but I had a bunch of stuff come up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#17]
As we discussed, I can probably arrange myself plus two more.

Thanks for your work man.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm interested depending on the date, plus can get my wife and probably another guest to come.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Interested, depending on the date. I can probably get a couple of others to attend as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm late but, yeah, awesome class. I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks! We just dropped off the wifes paperwork friday. She has been talking about the class all week. (If you know my wife, you will understand that is a significant change in her normal opinion of guns)
I know a few more people that would like to attend a similarly priced class. I know way to many people that have not taken a class because of the cost involved. You two are really doing a good thing here. Two of the three people I sent to the last class, I had to pay for (totally worth it by the way).
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#22]
height=8
Quoted:
Thanks! We just dropped off the wifes paperwork friday. She has been talking about the class all week. (If you know my wife, you will understand that is a significant change in her normal opinion of gunshatWant to pay for my license fee, brother dearest? :)
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 1:21:56 AM EDT
[#23]
My health has taken a slight turn for the worse and I'm also very busy wwith BFA, work and family obligations. That being said I hope to start putting together another class within a month or so and will contact all those who are interested. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Bob and I are hoping to put somthing together last next to last week of Aug or early Sep, will contact everyone who has shown interest. thanks!

Quoted:
My health has taken a slight turn for the worse and I'm also very busy wwith BFA, work and family obligations. That being said I hope to start putting together another class within a month or so and will contact all those who are interested. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm getting married the weekend of Aug 30th and will be gone 1 wk on honeymoon...

Please tell me I won't have to cancel my wedding
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#26]
That was a great class and a tremendous value.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Any news about the next class dates?
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 11:55:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for helping my mom and friend dude. they really enjoyed the class and took a lot from it. said you guys made it fun and couple of the guys said it was the best class of its kind they'd been in. if you do more let me know.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 12:54:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Should have some info and possible dates later this week. thanks all.
Link Posted: 9/9/2008 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Any New Info?
Link Posted: 9/12/2008 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Guys, I'll trying to nail down a classroom asap. Can't get the use of the previous location. As soon as I have something I will post it here and email you all. thanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2008 4:50:19 AM EDT
[#32]
If you're willing to relocate the class to Tallmadge/Mogadore (suburb of Akron) my father has an athletic training facility.
We often have people rent it out for LAN parties, small events and other get togethers.
Depending on the day you choose, I could get us in for free to keep all costs down.
Maybe I could coax mom  into making a butt-ton of spaghettis for lunch (she's Italian from the old country)

Then there is an indoor range about 10 minutes away we could qualify at.
However, I think Mogadore actually allows shooting rurally... so we may be able to go out back on his land.
Maybe we could follow-up the next day with range at time at your local place?

Dunno, just tossing ideas out. But if you need a classroom/place to do the chalk-talk just lemme know.
Link Posted: 9/12/2008 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Cool.

Hope it works out to get you 3 add'l student, including me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Ok, my old location is no longer available for me to use to hold classes for awhile. But Bob and I are looking around, We have a couple solid leads and should have a space nailed down soon.

Likely this trime around The classroom portion will be on Sat and range time the following Sun at an outdoor range.

If you've posted that you want to get in the class but no longer are able to attend please let me know by posting in this thread or editing your original post.

I'll go thru this thread and email you all with the details soon.

If you wish to contact me my email is [email protected]

Thanks and I hope to see you all soon!
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I am interested as well....maybe even the wife..:)
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#36]
I will attand. My father REALLY wants to attend, but may work. Dates will be needed to solidify him as a student.
I'll ask a few nonarfcom buddies as well and post if they're attending.
But at least myself for sure right now and most likely my father.

Email: joseph.r.mccrackin(at)lmco(dot)com
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#37]
I would like to attend but it would depend on which Saturday it is since I work most Saturdays.  I do have a few weekends off in the next month though.

[email protected]

Link Posted: 9/20/2008 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Count me in.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top