Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/28/2012 11:12:56 AM EDT
I was surprised not to see a thread on this already, or if there is one it must be buried several pages back.

To the point, just received an email from Grass Roots NC (GRNC) asking for help in stopping the coming Assault Weapons Ban legislation proposed by Diane Feinstein.

Below is a link to the GRNC website and a list of things you can do.
1. Sign their petition
2. Join GRNC and/or contribute to their efforts to lobby our 2 senators and the NC representatives in Congress.
3. Write/email our Senators and your respective Congressman. GRNC has provided links to leave a message at each of their websites and a pretty to the point email/letter that you could cut and paste into the online contact page for these folks.

http://grnc.org/stop-the-obama-gun-ban

This is just the state level effort. We need to also do whatever we can to support the NRA's strong stand opposing an AWB and to make sure they don't waffle and back down.

I don't know how many have been paying close attention, but Feinstein's legislation would treat all "banned" weapons as NFA regulated and require us to be fingerprinted, photographed, and to register our weapons with the ATF. Possession of an unregistered weapon could get you 10 years in prison. We have a chance to stop this now. The media is portraying her weapons ban as popular among the general public. Our representatives have to be informed that this isn't the case and that we find her proposed legislation as an abomination.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:40:42 AM EDT
Signed
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:11:28 PM EDT
I've been mailing our elected officials since the craziness started after the shooting. Even called and was able to speak with an aide to Senator Burr and one to Congressman Jones, both picked up on the first ring. No such dice with Senator Hagan, imagine that.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:57:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rugby3:
I've been mailing our elected officials since the craziness started after the shooting. Even called and was able to speak with an aide to Senator Burr and one to Congressman Jones, both picked up on the first ring. No such dice with Senator Hagan, imagine that.

I am curious, what was the response from the aide to Senator Burr?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:53:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bladerunner:

His aide stated that he was a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and would continue to represent them.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:55:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2012 4:55:58 PM EDT by Bladerunner]
Originally Posted By Bladerunner:

His aide stated that he was a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and would continue to represent them.

Did the aide equate 2nd Amendment support to support for AR style rifles?

Top Top