Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 6:22:20 PM EDT
is anyone planning on going?  if so let me know,  I can get us some good rates on tickets.  i plan on buying the all out 3 day super ticket which includes a reserved seat and paddock pass
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
no, can't go.

i take one look at those cars and i want a street legal one

what would be wrong with a single seat "commuter"
say 200 hp, single seat, super light.  i bet it would get 50 gpwith the right gear.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
They make those(McLaren and take out the passenger seats), but you dont have enough $$ to get one!!!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
no, can't go.

i take one look at those cars and i want a street legal one

what would be wrong with a single seat "commuter"
say 200 hp, single seat, super light.  i bet it would get 50 gpwith the right gear.  

kinda like the areil atom?
http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya'll talkin bout Malibu Grand Prix at IH10/610?  That little gocart race track, game arcade and putput golf?   IF so they are out of buisness.  Been out for a while.  The structure remains there but its all over grown now and fenced up
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ya'll talkin bout Malibu Grand Prix at IH10/610?  That little gocart race track, game arcade and putput golf?   IF so they are out of buisness.  Been out for a while.  The structure remains there but its all over grown now and fenced up

nope.  talking about the ALMS and champ car races to be held at the reliant center may 11-13
http://www.grandprixofhouston.com/

also,  audi will be running their new R10 prototype class cars friday night(ALMS race).  deisel race cars for the win.  they will absolutely dominate this year based purely on mileage alone.

AUDI AG is one step ahead of the opposition yet again: The inventor of ‘TDI’ will fight, as the world’s first automobile manufacturer, for overall victory with a diesel engine at the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans. The new Audi R10 is powered by a completely new 5.5-litre, twelve-cylinder bi-turbo TDI engine which is extremely economical and quiet.

The Le Mans Prototype, with over 650 hp and more than 1100 Newton metres of torque, significantly exceeds the power produced by the majority of previous Audi racing cars – including that of its victorious R8 predecessor.

Audi ventures into previously unexplored diesel-engine terrain with the V12 power plant manufactured completely from aluminium. The enormous torque of over 1100 Newton metres not only makes extreme demands of the R10 transmission system – as even the Formula 1 specification engine dynamometers at Audi Sport had to be reequipped with special gearboxes capable of withstanding the unusual forces.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#6]
For the non Eurofags amongst us 1100 Newton meters is 811.3   lb ft of torque.
I would take  this car with my 'stang in a 300 mi, race (if we were limited to one tank of fuel)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:18:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nope.  talking about the ALMS and champ car races to be held at the reliant center may 11-13
http://www.grandprixofhouston.com/

also,  audi will be running their new R10 prototype class cars friday night(ALMS race).  deisel race cars for the win.  they will absolutely dominate this year based purely on mileage alone.
www.rubbermag.com/news/0512/imgs/051213_audi.jpg

AUDI AG is one step ahead of the opposition yet again: The inventor of ‘TDI’ will fight, as the world’s first automobile manufacturer, for overall victory with a diesel engine at the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans. The new Audi R10 is powered by a completely new 5.5-litre, twelve-cylinder bi-turbo TDI engine which is extremely economical and quiet.

The Le Mans Prototype, with over 650 hp and more than 1100 Newton metres of torque, significantly exceeds the power produced by the majority of previous Audi racing cars – including that of its victorious R8 predecessor.

Audi ventures into previously unexplored diesel-engine terrain with the V12 power plant manufactured completely from aluminium. The enormous torque of over 1100 Newton metres not only makes extreme demands of the R10 transmission system – as even the Formula 1 specification engine dynamometers at Audi Sport had to be reequipped with special gearboxes capable of withstanding the unusual forces.

wow the batmobile. all we need now is adam west and we're good to go.....(never did like Robin)
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I got the 3day pass... wooohooo...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top